dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:39 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

AshMC1984 wrote:
dvdkid13 wrote:To get things rollin'...

Vote Scott Brosius
Kmd got things rolling 7 minutes before you did, if you want to get technical. Did you spend 7 mins in preview mode trying to word a non-scummy sounding random vote perfectly, thus not noticing Kmd's post? Did you?
Did you!?
The role of the random voting stage is to "get things rollin'" per se.
I was merely stating the obvious.
I'm sorry that you misconstrued my statement as a scumtell.
I still hope we can be friends :D
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:27 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

FeRnAnDo wrote:Gut feelings, Huntress? you are saying that out of 12 people, your gut feelings are telling he is scum? Well, gut feelings are indeed valid in a ly-lo situation, but in early game they won't help much, eh? We've got to get reasons to vote on someone at this stage.

Unvote, Vote: Huntress
I entirely agree with Fern's opinion on this. However, I don't believe Huntress's actions have been scummy enough at this point to award him a vote.
But I would like to point out lurkers: Scott Brosius and Darkstrike_11.
Anyone have any thoughts on lurker treatment?
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:28 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

Also
Unvote

since it seems the random voting stage is coming to a close
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by dvdkid13 »

Kmd4390 wrote:
FeRnAnDo wrote:Gut feelings, Huntress? you are saying that out of 12 people, your gut feelings are telling he is scum? Well, gut feelings are indeed valid in a ly-lo situation, but in early game they won't help much, eh? We've got to get reasons to vote on someone at this stage.

Unvote, Vote: Huntress
Why is this? At the end of the game, we HAVE more reasons. Early on, there's nothing wrong with gut.
dvdkid13 wrote: I entirely agree with Fern's opinion on this. However, I don't believe Huntress's actions have been scummy enough at this point to award him a vote.
But I would like to point out lurkers: Scott Brosius and Darkstrike_11.
Anyone have any thoughts on lurker treatment?
Why do people have to be really scummy to get a vote?

And lurkers already? Really?
dvdkid13 wrote:Also
Unvote

since it seems the random voting stage is coming to a close
So who, other than you, fernando, and huntress, is scummy?

You're right. Fernando is scummier. So is dvd.
Here's what I think:
I believe in withholding my vote until I observe more behavior. If we lynch someone, the odds that we lynch scum is 31% which leaves the odds that we lynch a townie at 69%. This is one of the reasons why I feel uncomfortable jumping on the Fern bandwagon.

As for KMd statement: "Why do people have to be really scummy to get a vote?"

I never said that people had to be REALLY scummy to earn a vote. I just said that they need to to be scummy ENOUGH.
I'm sure everyone has their own opinion on what "scummy enough" is.

Also, KMd: i respect your opinion that you think I am scummy or exhibiting scum symptoms, but i was hoping that you could elaborate on your reasoning please.

And, I haven't seen enough of each player to REALLY make an educated guess on who is scum and who isn't.
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:46 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

kmd wrote:
DVd wrote:I believe in withholding my vote until I observe more behavior. If we lynch someone, the odds that we lynch scum is 31% which leaves the odds that we lynch a townie at 69%. This is one of the reasons why I feel uncomfortable jumping on the Fern bandwagon.
The odds aren't going to get much better. Why should this stop us from lynching? Do you think anyone is planning on lynching Fernando already?
I don't think that should stop a lynch I just think that we should be more careful when the odds are bad, thats all I'm saying. I think that if enough people join the Fern bandwagon, he could possibly be lynched
kmd wrote:
DVd wrote:I never said that people had to be REALLY scummy to earn a vote. I just said that they need to to be scummy ENOUGH.
I'm sure everyone has their own opinion on what "scummy enough" is.
Why isn't slight scumminess enough if it's more than what anyone else has done?
Because "slight scumminess" could just be a town slip-up and if we end up basing our decision on that, we could end up lynching town
kmd wrote:
DVd wrote:Also, KMd: i respect your opinion that you think I am scummy or exhibiting scum symptoms, but i was hoping that you could elaborate on your reasoning please.
-too cautious with your vote
-seem to be overexplaining yourself aka trying too hard
-"lurker treatment" question seemed weird when you could have either voted or asked for a prod
I just want to express my opinions and beliefs and make sure that people are understanding them
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:13 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

Zachrulez wrote:My eyebrow raises at dvdkid's concern of a Fernando lynch happening while he has a mere 2 votes.
I'm not only concerned with a fern lynch. i'm concerned of a lynch too early which may result in a mislynch
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:26 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

Zachrulez wrote:
dvdkid13 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:My eyebrow raises at dvdkid's concern of a Fernando lynch happening while he has a mere 2 votes.
I'm not only concerned with a fern lynch. i'm concerned of a lynch too early which may result in a mislynch
I heard you the first time.

There's a way you can reduce the threat of this mislynching you are worried about though. It's called scumhunting, and you can start by telling us who you think is scummy.
Well I'm gonna point things out and we can go from there

1. I don't like huntress' "gut feelings" quote and i also don't like his active lurking...he hasn't posted for a while

2. i don't like how darkstrike jumps in and says he has nothing to comment on. i dont like how he completely skipped the RVS

3. i dont think lazarus has given us much content. im not gonna say thats good or bad, just an observation

4. VP and kmd have given me no reason to mistrust them.

5. dont really know what to think of zach

6. Scott Brosius: has he been proded?
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:57 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

dvdkid13 wrote: 1. I don't like huntress' "gut feelings" quote and i also don't like his active lurking...he hasn't posted for a while
Hehe whoops sorry that was pretty obvious...

Try again:

I don't.....like her* active....she* hasn't posted for a while
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:12 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

When was the last time zazier, lazarus and darkstrike posted?

Vote: darkstrike

let's get him to post
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:17 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

Zachrulez wrote:
Darkstrike_11 wrote:
Ad for the random vote stage, yeah its there (
shock
, thanks for pointing it out) and so you say that to move it on I should post something. Seeing as the RVS is only usually moved out of when someone posts something scummy, you would assume that the best play in the RVS is to make a scummy post. Nice. Also I had a go at asking some questions to see if I could have a go at scumhunting, but everyone then made fun of them and all started voting for me. Whenever I post people suspect me, regardless of what I say. And people wonder why I don’t post that often.
I take this as "I'd post more but I don't want to look scummy."
I agree with this logic
Zach wrote:
Darkstrike_11 wrote:As for hoping for a scum role being a scumtell, would “damn I was hoping for a town role but unfortunately im a member of x group” be less of one?
That whole statement is scummy.
Ehhh I don't know if i fully agree with what zach is saying

Personally, I would like to know from Darkstrike: How come you dislike the RVS??
But as for now my vote will stay on you particularly because of your complete skipping of the RVS and how right after you posted for a bit, you disappeared back into the lurker shadows :x

As for all the suspicion building on Kise: I've been in a game with this situation before and i can tell whats happening. One person, (Kise in this case) is being pressured into submission by other players and in an attempt to defend himself, his arguments get less coherent and his logic makes less sense and so he ends up being lynched but he was town.
I'm not necessarily saying that Kise is town or not. But i do approve of the Kise wagon (even though he is not the person who i am most suspicious of) because hopefully we can get more posts from him so that i can make a more educated decision. I just don't think i would approve of a Kise lynch at this point

:D
dvdkid13
dvdkid13
Townie
dvdkid13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:32 am

Post by dvdkid13 »

sorry was in New Orleans building houses. i'll read through and then post

Return to “Completed Open Games”