Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

dvdkid13 wrote:To get things rollin'...

Vote Scott Brosius
Kmd got things rolling 7 minutes before you did, if you want to get technical. Did you spend 7 mins in preview mode trying to word a non-scummy sounding random vote perfectly, thus not noticing Kmd's post? Did you?
Did you!?
Win / Loss record
Town: 2 / 0
Scum: 1 / 1
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:40 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

Ke....vin.... ? :?
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:16 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

Darkstrike_11 wrote:o hai

Just like to say, I'm not inactive and I was actually lurking in the true sense of the word. I've been watching the game, but not participating because I haven't really seen anything scummy yet, and I dislike the random vote stage immensely. I am an active sort of player (at least I will be once my exams are over :( ) and so please don't prod me!

Now we are starting to get out of random votes and into discussion, my activity will rise.

Until then, why don't we try question time!

what are everyone's favourite alignments? I should think I would prefer a mafia role, as it would be fun to manipulate the unknowing townies.

Did anyone else get excited at being told that they were a policeman as their role before finding out that its actually a vanilla town role? :(

and finally, has anyone played in a game with more than one mafia group, and if so are there any different scum tells?
This post smells like bullshit.

Unvote;

Vote: Darkstrike_11

Darkstrike_11 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:This is active lurking. Inactivity based lurking is one thing, active lurking is another.
er yeah I know, I pretty much said so.

Think about it. i'm watching the game, not finding anything interesting to say, or to ocmment on. I see people wanting a prod, so I post before I get it. Sure it's being "called out" on it, but no more so than an actual prod.

Okay sorry to ask questions, it's usually how I gauge reactions and feelings but whatevs.

VP you said earlier today that the random stage was still happening!

Also your wish to start bandwagons sort of loses its edge when you are telling people to do it, being quite clear that it is not an intentional wagon. Surely the whole scary, scumtell inducing potency of a wagon is in the possibility that it could end up in the victim's lynch. I don't think its a particularly scummy sentiment, but I would say it would probably be more efficient to ask questions and put a verbal heat on someone than fashion a wagon which the person it's aimed at knows that half the people will unvote at a drop of a hat anyway!

So my opinion on Zazier and her imaginary goddess friend's wagon is that it aint serious. Right now the most suspicious behaviour is KMD saying that he was "happy" with the Zazier wagon, when VP wanted a serious one. Wanting a wagon for the sake of it is scummy anyway, but to express happiness with a pseudo-potent yet jokey wagon is suspicious.

Apart from that, not much to go on. I'd FOS KMD, but I'm not even 40% sure about him.

that is my two pennies. Take them, find that you can't by anything with them in the current global economic climate and then throw them back at me. :/
Translation: "Blah, blah, blah, I'm so scummy, lynch me now".

Really? Not even 40% on KMD? Sheez, I thought for sure you were a good 43% on him! Policy lynch for the text-speak is also a possibility.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:10 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

I was more referring to the "O hai", however I was just having a little fun with the text speak comment, but whatevs.

Ditto my original "attack" on DVD. More interested in reactions than my the source of my perceived accusation.

Since you seem to need my post fleshed out:
The first post - a cop-out - like it or not the RVS is there. Next time if you don't like it, pop in and post something to kick it into the real game proper. Not seeing anything scummy to comment on doesn't fly. It's called scumhunting.
Your first question is fluff - saying you hoped for a scum role is worse and is a slight scum-tell.
Your wording of your second question allows you to imply that you 'claim' vanilla (the only pro-town roles in this game -
shock
).

Second post: You request immunity from active lurking cos that's the way
you
roll.

Now adding OMGUS to your rap-sheet.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:16 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

Oh yeah, I forgot - the percentage thing. I find that scummy. I would like to see the exact mathematical formula that produced that figure.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:36 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

VP Baltar wrote:Ash, please comment on whether you think Kise is scummy or not.
Oh most assuredly. It's between Kise and DS for me. On Kise: 3 things that stick out for me -
1. pouncing on my page 1 jokey-attack on DVD. I thought my post was so over-the-top that it was obviously tongue-in-cheek.
2. Trying to get people who aren't posting lynched. I understand pressure to post but if they just are not posting what good will lynching them do?
3. Hiding behind his "bought" vote for this long. It's an excuse, not a reason.

Vote count please?
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:53 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

DS - sorry if I came off as insulting. I don't think you're stupid. I do think it's a slight scum-tell when someone makes the unproveable claim of being pro-town in such a subtle way. Not an official "Claim - I am ____", but statements such as "Well, being a townie as I am....." ping my scumdar.

As for ending the RVS - I have seen people who don't like it effectively end it with questions such as yours and not come off as scummy. Your questions were just a little late, I think.

On saying you were hoping for scum being a scum-tell:
I read in the wiki that scum
want
you to know it's them on some level. My first newbie game this exact thing happened. The scum both made posts that pretty much mirrored yours. "I wouldn't have minded a scum role because it would be a more interesting challenge, but I sure will make the most of this town role!" They won. Again, not saying you are silly, but it's a documented tell for a reason, and I try to learn from my mistakes.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:57 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

Zachrulez wrote:Hey Ash! Where you been?

What do you think about everyone else in the game?
I've been bedridden with an annoying cold. I will soon post my reads on all players.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

dvdkid13: reacted to my aggressive response to his random vote (which I thought was obviously made in a light-hearted manner, but maybe not so obvious because more than one person has apparently taken it at face value) as if it were serious and offered a defense. I thought he was too defensive possibly because he is guilty. Also made what could be construed as an attempt to buddy me in the same post. Appears to settle later and I agree with his suspicions oh Huntress. - Slight scum read.

fern: Has said almost nothing! Mostly waffled on about time-zone differences. However did have the sense to suspect and vote Huntress. - Slight scum read.

Furry: Appears to be posting analytically and reasonably and genuinely trying to help the town. - medium town read.

Huntress: Votes DVD as her "best bet", when pressed admits it's a gut-read and a weak one at that. Mentions several other suspicions without naming names. - Medium scum read.

Khamisa: Places a middling vote on Zazier in the RVS. Hasn't done much since except admire the colour of the vote count. - Null read.

Kmd: Seems to make a lot of observations at times without suspicion, letting others make up their minds instead of taking a stance himself. Then at other times seems to do the exact opposite and vote-hope willy-nilly. Might just be a playstyle thing. : Null read.

laz: Came in wanting to progress the game out of it's jokey stage then disappeared. : Null read.

VP Baltar: Appears to be posting thoughtfully and in a pro-town manner. More importantly - is scumhunting. Has said a lot of things that I would have said were I active in the last few days. Probably the most town IMO. : medium-strong town read.

Zachrulez: Hasn't said a lot, but has made some stabs at scumhunting and posted some good points. : Slight town read.

Zazier: Has posted nothing but jokes so far, and has gone AWOL. - Null read.
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Unvote; Vote: Kise
Win / Loss record
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Huntress wrote:Ash, why hammer before some of us had checked in?
I saw enough to hammer. It's of little consequence to me whether or not "approval" is gained. In regards to yourself in particular, you will notice that you are one of my main suspects so waiting for your check in wasn't all that important to me. Also, the sporadic posting in this game would have meant a long wait and votes might have peeled off as voters lose their nerve.
Huntress wrote:Was it because you wanted to stop discussion after your attempt to divert the wagon from Kise to Darkstrike failed.
No.
1). From what I see there is plenty of attention on DS right now. Maybe not so much in vote form but he is is being scrutinized.
2). Out of my 2 stated main suspects, one was at L-1, one wasn't. I changed my vote to the one that was.
Win / Loss record

Return to “Completed Open Games”