iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sun May 17, 2009 7:06 am

Post by iamausername »

Vote: alvinz95

Of all the players I recognise here (which is most of them), he's the least likely to help the town, and the most likely to slip under pressure as scum, therefore he's the best target for an early bandwagon.

I don't need no stinkin' random vote.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #1) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by iamausername »

TDC wrote:Reveal: Upon death, I will post the full Role PM of the dead player, including group memberships, excluding group details. All active and passive abilities will be revealed, but for the sake of brevity, the first post will only contain a catchy role name and link to the actual Role PM.
While alive, players don't know their catchy role name.
Mufasa wrote:Claim: Jack-of-All-Trades
Unvote, Vote: Mufasa
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #2) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by iamausername »

I would also like to note that I don't like the way Seraphim joined the OGB wagon, which existed because OGB was trying to turn the game into "guess the alt" instead of mafia, but then proceeded to make several posts guessing who OGB is an alt of.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #3) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:40 am

Post by iamausername »

roflcopter wrote:claiming out of the clear blue sky on day one before a serious wagon has even really taken off on anyone is undeniably stupid, and will bring the house down on your head.
This is true, but why does stupid = town? If Mufasa got a scum role, would it suddenly boost his IQ by a few orders of magnitude?
roflcopter wrote:i mean, really, did anyone look at the EXAMPLE PMS provided with the ruleset? the name "jack-of-all-trades" is right there guys.
Yes, I noticed. I assume that's where Mufasa got it from when he decided to fake claim.
darkdude wrote:I think both OGB and Mufasa are town. Unfortunately I don't have good picks for scum yet.
This is a pretty scummy post.
OozingGolfball wrote:I'd love to hear some reasons why I'm scum besides you pile of wifom that is your misrep of my first post.
OK, still failing to contribute anything remotely useful. I could definitely go for an OGB lynch too.
Seraphim wrote:placing your vote on someone in no danger of being lynched while you catch up so that you seem like you're doing something is very scummy.
Why?
skitzer wrote:Let's consider something here: If Mufasa isn't really a Jack-Of-All-Trades and is scum, then scum won't kill him, obviously. We should lynch Mufasa.
Wow, this is some horrible circular reasoning. "If he's scum, he's scum, therefore we should lynch him". Congratulations, you have successfully put me off of lynching Mufasa today.
skitzer wrote:Not sure of the cases on caboose and Seraphim, and I'm not sure on iamusername's initial vote of alvinz95.
Could you be a little more vague here? I don't think this is vague enough.
roflcopter wrote:why are you still voting for mufasa? did my explanation of why we should leave him alive not make sense to you?
skitzer wrote:It made sense, but I still would rather lynch him today.
roflcopter wrote: then please explain why lynching him today is better than the alternative i presented.
skitzer wrote:Because I don't think scum will consider "leaving him for a mislynch".

Did you really just say "We should lynch Mufasa today because if we don't, scum will kill him tonight anyway"?
Caboose wrote:No, it's not a policy vote. It's a pressure vote.
Those aren't mutually exlusive, you know.
Seraphim wrote:Once again, people fail to get an accurate read of my play. This is my town play, unfortunately.
What is the point of making statements like this?
SpyreX wrote:(Darkdude / HowardRoark / skitzer)
Chance of at least 1 scum* in this grouping: 85%
The other two, totally, but I'm missing what's putting Howard in such esteemed company.
ekiM wrote:Hey guys, let's not lynch Mufasa today, for his lynch would not be very informative. If we have a vig they can kill him tonight. Otherwise, I'd be happy to see him strung up tomorrow.
Down with this. Still think Mufasa is obviously lying about his claim, but since his history indicates that that is a nulltell for him, this is probably the best way to deal with it.

Unvote, vote: skitzer

I'm finding his massive logic fail in pushing the Mufasa lynch marginally scummier than OGB and darkdude's total aversion to scumhunting, but there's not a lot in it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #4) » Thu May 21, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by iamausername »

Seraphim wrote:IAUN: Placing on a vote on someone just to vote them without any sort of back-up case while you read the thread is simply trying to appear town while watching the game and weighing your chances. I find that scum do it quite a bit. I am definitely watching him.
See, I can't think of a time when I've seen scum do this. I do, however, remember Mafia 88, when town SensFan placed votes while he was still catching up on the thread, ckd tried to make out like this confirmed Sens as scum, and I correctly called ckd as scum for making such a big deal about it.

So, if scum do this all the time as you say, I'd like to see some examples.
OozingGolfball wrote:Nice ad hom. Unvote; Vote: Mufasa

Too much jumpiness in your posts.
Not good enough. So far from being good enough that good enough is not even visible through a telescope.
ekiM wrote:
Seraphim wrote:EkiM: I wasn't worried. Mufasa was going to have no lack of votes sO I decided to pressure another player instead who is another lead of possible scum. Why are so intent on seeing Mufasa lynched so early in the game?
That's a nice explanation except that it's false. In 151 you asked a couple of people weak questions and unvoted mufasa saying "I don't like the speed of this wagon". 156 was defense. In 181 You voted skitzer, thanking rofl for giving you a target. So no, you didn't unvote Mufasa to pressure another player. Why lie?
Good catch.
X wrote:I don't see the functional difference between a vig kill and a lynch. In terms of information, this argument right now is generating information. How informative a Day is depends on how often people post, how often they include original insights, and how long it takes, not who dies.
No, there's a pretty big functional difference. It's called a voting record.
Caboose wrote:Still keeping my [alvinz] vote, and encouraging more.
It's not going to happen today. There are bigger fish to fry.
Korts wrote:The claim is confirmable
No, he's carefully removed any aspects of the JOAT role that are confirmable.
ekiM wrote: With someone like Mufasa who makes a dumb and anti-town move but has a meta of doing so, it's genuinely hard to tell whether he's town or scum. Taking a stance one way or the other is really mostly gut, and can be explained easily either way. Nobody is going to stand up and defend him, so there's nothing much to be learned either way from whether people say that they think we may as well lynch him today, or that we have bigger fish to fry.
Exactly.
charter wrote: Not one thing about his claim is confirmable. He claimed doc. Easy to "protect" someone when you're mafia doing the killing.
He claimed cop. Easy to "investigate" someone when you're mafia since you know everyone's alignment.
He claimed jailkeeper. Easy to "protect and roleblock" someone when it's easy for mafia to have a roleblocker and I'm sure a lot of people don't have night actions to begin with.
No, he even took the cop out. And cop is semi-confirmable, since he could get tripped up by the existence of multiple scum factions.
Korts wrote:Confirmable, only semi-, but that should be enough for now.
The only way any of those abilities can be confirmed is by outing power roles. I would much rather see Mufasa dead, even on the off chance that he is actually telling the truth.
X wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:My votes on voteleaders are most of the time for the sake of voting on voteleaders.
For the sake of voting on voteleaders? Scum slip. Vote: IHSIB.
Wait, where's the slip? I'm pretty sure he meant to say exactly what he said.
skitzer wrote:But why confirm it when it's obviously some sort of lie?
skitzer, do you understand the meaning of the word 'confirm'?
skitzer wrote:You're behind, yet willing to "shamelessly bandwagon"?
Unvote, vote inHimshallibe

Yeah, skitzer is still scum.
darkdude wrote:I was actually thinking that scum would try to disguise their NK as a vigging.
Doubtful, since it would require them to make completely suboptimal night kills. Also, scumhunting. Do some.
ThAdmiral wrote:
He is still yet to show interest in scumhunting.
There are others though. Darkdude comes to mind.
That doesn't make it any better.
ThAdmiral wrote:So since his actions were only theoretically distracting to people you are only theoretically suspicous of him?
Is there another way to be suspicious of someone?

Unvote, Vote: OozingGolfball

I was surprised by how few votes he had on the last vote count, and apparently it wasn't enough to pressure him into actually doing something useful, so this is definitely a worthwhile pursuit.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #5) » Fri May 29, 2009 4:28 am

Post by iamausername »

Definitely need to reread D1 in light of the flips, and I might not get a chance to give it a thorough look until Monday.

Preliminary thoughts would be skitzer and darkdude as most likely Russians, no idea about possible Italians.
roflcopter wrote:Mufasa (7): charter, Starbuck, skitzer,
OozingGolfBall
, X,
ThAdmiral
inHimshallibe

this wagon is already proven to be 3 parts out of 7 mafia, with elements of both groups we know exist. can we put to rest the idea of the town killing mufasa please, once and for all?
Yeah, I supported a vig on Mufasa yesterday, but at this point it seems highly unlikely that he's scum.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by iamausername »

HowardRoark wrote:
iso post 3 Prob town wrote:inHimshallibe - i get a "i vote whoever i feel like to" vibe from his posts. Slightly townie here. Would be good to hear more from him.
How did this guy flip? Oh yeah . . . Russian.
iso post 3 Neutral wrote:alvinz95 - crap poster. OGB pusher. What do you think of Mufasa? Why did you prefer OGB than the others? . Alvinz-Caboose realtionship is noted.
How did this guy flip? Oh yeah . . . Russian.
Actually, I think you'll find that only one of those two flipped Russian. What you probably meant to do was point out how he called both ThAd and inHim prob town, and both of them flipped Italian.
HowardRoark wrote:Two thirds [of poptajo's] scum list are town.
Fun fact: one of the two "town" players being referred to here is... HowardRoark.

In other news, I don't see Seraphim as Italian. I thought his case on inHim was bad, but not the kind of bad you'd expect a scum to bring against his buddy on D1. I always saw it as a genuine attempt to get inHim lynched, right then, and I just can't see scum attempting to derail a really strong wagon on someone they weren't aligned with for the sake of a bus.

I think there has to have been at least one Italian on the OGB wagon. ThAd and inHim both stayed off it, but I can't see the whole team avoiding such an inviting target. I'll get back to you on who it is.

Vote: darkdude
(L-2, I think)

He is wearing a big furry hat, drinking vodka, riding a bear through the snow, and if you open him up, you will find a smaller darkdude inside, which itself contains a series of increasingly smaller darkdudes, each one of which has surrended all property and wealth to a single self-perpetuating political party.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:01 am

Post by iamausername »

As far as I can see, there's only one way for Seraphim to be telling the truth about everything he's claimed, and it's something that his neighbour will be able to verify. I don't think there's a lot to lose by his neighbour claiming, and there's a lot to gain, either by exposing him as a liar, or by confirming his claim so that we can focus on lynching actual scum, like darkdude.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 am

Post by iamausername »

populartajo wrote:Also, why is HowardRock not dead yet? Am I the only one seeing the Howard-Alvinz forced connection?
Definitely not, but darkdude is even scummier than Howard.
Seraphim wrote:1. Darkdude hasn't scumhunted at all.
2. What he has done is defended two confirmed Russian scum.
3. He made a really, really post a couple pages back where he admitted he defended Alvinz to make himself look more town...
It's not just that he defended OGB, it's the way he tried to link him to Mufasa by acting like the cases on them were identical.
HowardRoark wrote:He rated both Russian members (alvinz95 and OozingGolfBall) as neutral -- a good place to rate your partners.
This is approximately 7000 times more contrived than the connection tajo has drawn between you and alvinz. He rated 19/22 players as either prob town or neutral, it's hardly damning evidence that two of those happened to be scum.
HowardRoark wrote:You had iamusername, Mixologist, and SpyreX as prob scum and you have yet to have any interaction with them.
Really, how hard is it to read tajo's "prob town/neutral/prob scum" list? That's like the third time you've said something completely false about it.
HowardRoark wrote:Seeing as how a darkdude lynch has become probable, are you attempting to draw people away from him?
Pot, kettle, etc.
HowardRoark wrote:It is just a OMGUS attack on me.
No, see, the one who attacks the other guy AFTER the other guy attacks him is the one who's OMGUSing, Howard.
HowardRoark wrote:If you have any experience with alvinz95 (or many other good scum players), you know that this is a great tactic: blow up and make a damning statement, such as this, on a town player to divert away from the partner.
Except that alvinz is not a good scum player (or any other kind of good player).
HowardRoark wrote:BTW, FWIW: Here are some other people that I am still watching . . . Korts, iamusername, and
Mixologist
Lowell.
HIIIIIIIIIIIIII
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:38 am

Post by iamausername »

I would like to thank both of my partners for being generally awesome, and in particular for both telling me that they had no powers besides our shared night kill. Real helpful.

Why me, X?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”