BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:31 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

unvote, vote: Fishy
, for taking something so insignificant and driving it so hard. We don't have 4 scum and 8 town. You don't actually believe that, do you? And before you go all paranoid and claim that it means I have "information" or whatever, let me explain. 4 mafia 8 town means the town would lose the game after 2 mislynches, and we would need 4 correct lynches to win. That's what we call "imbalance". You're reading far too much into HP's post, and trying to squeeze a scumtell out of something that really is just random vote silly.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Tue May 19, 2009 7:36 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Fishy wrote:Your analysis is also at odds with hp's own defense.
I am aware of this. I am not defending HP; I am saying that there is no 4 person scum team. HP is free to defend himself however he likes. Let me explain my position, with no analogies:

A) If you believe that HP's statement is a mistake by the mafia that reveals he is on a mafia team of 4 players, then that means you accept the idea of a 4 person scum team, which I would argue is wrong. I'm not saying that HP is innocent, I'm just saying the "tell" you're hammering on has no merit.

B) If you
don't
believe there is a 4 person scum team, and you're
still
trying to force a "scum slip" out of that idea, then your logic is flawed and you are acting scummily.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #77 (isolation #3) » Thu May 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

There is merit to bandwagonning for the sake of bandwagonning, especially this early. A bandwagon creates pressure on a player which forces reactions from that player. It creates a situation that people in the town must respond to and have an opinion about. It's good for the game.

That being said, I'm not sure which I like less: the case against inHim, or his response to it. They're both pretty bad. I'm gonna sit on Fishy a bit more for the moment.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #125 (isolation #4) » Wed May 27, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

inHim wrote:You should pick the one with pretty colors.
This is the kind of argument I can get behind :lol: :lol:
Fishy wrote:This is also not good. Obviously, wagoning just to wagon is one of the those policies with an exception when you are the object of the wagon. This seems like a rather weak attempt to sling a bit of mud in InHim’s direction.
I also dislike Brandi’s habit of calling people protown- this is unhelpful for the town, and potentially buddying or an attempt to look good later after they die. Like others, I also dislike the “bear this in mind” quote- while her explanation is valid, it just feels more like a scum stashing away an excuse to vote than a townie stating an obvious truth.
Fishy echoes a lot of my sentiments towards Brandi. Then she followed his post with what looks like a lot of defensive, snappy personal attacks. Anyone who votes her seems to get the brunt of it. Even when inHim backs off a little and says he's going to reconsider, Brandi attacks him for that (112). I'm starting to predict a little backlash myself:
unvote, vote: Brandi
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #214 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:24 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Very sorry for the prolonged absence everyone, I was laid off from my job and have had more important things on my mind.

I'm going to re-read and get back into the game, though.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #215 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

So far, what seems to have happened is just more of the same. inHim seems to like hopping wagons, and Brandi attacks whoever looks at her funny. One falls under the "happy with any lynch" scum stereotype, and the other, the "overly defensive".

At this point, I'm still happy with my vote on Brandi. Nine pages into Day 1, I'm skeptical of anyone who has strong conviction about anything. I understand that appears to Brandi as being a "lazy townie", but I consider it arrogant to think you're ABSOLUTELY sure someone is scum.

And I do appreciate the effort you put into your Post 173. Having a clear opinion does not a townie make, but it is very good to know where you stand.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #284 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Brandi wrote:Definitely not role fishing in the least. Scum and town react differently to deaths.
Do you think anything productive can come of getting people's opinions on dead players? Mafia and town will act differently when they know different things. At this point, everyone knows the same information about those players, and we all know that the dead players were innocent, so every opinion will be colored by that information, town and scum alike.

I was fine with a Brandi vote yesterday, and combined with her behavior today and result of inHim's alignment flop, I only feel stronger about that now.
vote: Brandi

On the other hand, Day 1 No Lynch is like, the worst idea, ever. Furry makes me very, very nervous. Also not happy with his attitude towards the cases brought against him.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”