Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sat May 09, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Pitstop »

Zer0ph34r wrote:Pitstop, Stephanie rules!
I know, she's one of my favourite Survivors ever.
Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Sun May 10, 2009 3:30 am

Post by Pitstop »

hewitt wrote:/confirm

And Stephanie totally should've beat Danni in Guatemala.
Yeah, I was upset when she lost, especially when it was a 6-1 vote which it shouldn't have been.
Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Pitstop »

Vote: dejkha

Survivor > You ;)
Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (isolation #4) » Tue May 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Pitstop »

I'm finally here to perhaps follow along with the thread, but I'm going to bed in a few and will be out all day tomorrow :(.

I will catch up and read back tomorrow night if I get a chance, just don't go lynching me :p
Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #5) » Wed May 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Pitstop »

Lots happening already, nice to see. Though first of all hohum, you don't tell me when I should read back because you don't no my schedule ;).

Now, ODDin I believe it was made a good post on page 5, post 101. Good explanation, tbf.

I'm getting the vibe that hohum is a chicken with its head cut off. However, you're not jumping ship on your votes or anything, just the approach that you are taking to the game.

hohum is on the verge of earning my FoS, but I'll keep an eye on him for the next day or so and see what he does to decide whether or not he truly strikes me as scum.

I'm having a hard time putting my finger on what to make of AndyTony. I might make a case on him later to see if I notice anything particularly anti-town about his play thus far.
Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #6) » Thu May 14, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Pitstop »

Btw, I tend to get lazy and not make a lot of posts so I wouldn't look into that too much for those of you who were stating that I should be doing things ASAP.

I'm just never interested in games on this site because everybody is too damn serious, yet I still sign up and treck my way through the best I can.

But yeh, I might post some stuff later :P
Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #7) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Pitstop »

AndyTony wrote:Critical? I apologize if you feel likeI'm coming down on you, but you have to understand my position - - you just played catch up, and in your most recent posts, tried to do so while pointing an incredulous finger at me.

I haven't made any solid decision on anyone yet, nor have I voted seriously - - which means everything is an opinion/thought of mine, yes? I feel like you're interested in having a head a tete over difference of opinions.

If something is unclear - just ask - don't tell me youre pretty sure it's wrong - I'm more than happy to discuss with you.

A tad bit of lurking going on from at least four players - how's everyone doing? lol
K, well I can understand why you haven't voted seriously since it's so early, but what good will it do us if everything you post is just a thought? It's great that you're letting us know everything that's on your mind, but at the end of the day, I don't think it's going to get Mafia lynched so we need a different approach than just posting our opinions.

I'm also looking at you as scum due to Post 166 where you actually considered me lying about being busy and lazy and lurking. Personally, I think that would be an absolutely pathetic scum tactic to attempt, and considering it is even funnier.

If you want a detailed explanation, I'm currently hosting a Mafia game on another site, am starting an Amazing Race game tomorrow, have school everyday from about 7am-4pm, music lessons and music groups, plus I would like to include a social life. Maybe I shouldn't have signed up with so much on the go but I'm doing the best I can.

Btw, the above paragraph isn't for you to empathize or sympathize or whatever you may take it because AndyTony will probably think I'm pulling out the sympathy card to not get lynched. It's just the truth, but this is a Mafia game so believing things is something done cautiously.
Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #8) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Pitstop »

Yeah, but you weren't the first person to bring up me not posting enough of whatever, so there was buildup.

The fact is, with you simply stating your opinions, you may be feeding info into our heads that we don't need. Doing this without actually voting is a lot safer for scum because stating different opinions is nowhere near as scummy as changing votes and jumping on bandwagons.
Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (isolation #9) » Sun May 17, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Pitstop »

If AT was looking like an easy Day 1 target, that would mean he was looking suspicious. Why would I let someone who looks somewhat sus. just pass by?

How much time do we have left?
Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #10) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by Pitstop »

MadCrawdad wrote:
Pitstop wrote:Lots happening already, nice to see. Though first of all hohum, you don't tell me when I should read back because you don't no my schedule ;).

Now, ODDin I believe it was made a good post on page 5, post 101. Good explanation, tbf.

I'm getting the vibe that hohum is a chicken with its head cut off. However, you're not jumping ship on your votes or anything, just the approach that you are taking to the game.

hohum is on the verge of earning my FoS, but I'll keep an eye on him for the next day or so and see what he does to decide whether or not he truly strikes me as scum.

I'm having a hard time putting my finger on what to make of AndyTony. I might make a case on him later to see if I notice anything particularly anti-town about his play thus far.
Pitstop, below is the post from ODDin that you liked. What makes this such a good post that you would feel the need to comment on it? Also, you obviously
know
that the post is by ODDin (as you point out the page and post number), so why say that you 'believe' the post was by ODDin, as if you're trying to recall from memory?
ODDin wrote:*sigh*

Pressuring someone is when you actually attempt to get a lynch against said someone, accuse him much more seriously than the arguments would otherwise demand etc.
When adding a vote against someone in order to create a small bandwagon isn't pressure - I am not attempting to get a lynch against this someone, and I am not even making serious arguments most of the time. It's not done to get specifically
him
drop tells - it's done to make everyone drop tells and get the discussion going. See who else joins the wagon. Things like that.
Are you attempting to suggest that pressure tactics are the only possible tactics in a game?

Another thing: I'm not making excuses, I'm answering your questions. The fact alone that you phrase your questions such that my answers sound like what can otherwise pass for excuses is a different matter. What you're doing right now is exactly said pressure tactics - you're focusing your strength on me just for the sake of focusing it on someone. I can live with that.

That being said, nobody has contributed to this game much at this point, and I probably contributed more than most, so I haven't even got what to make excuses for.
Also, you might make a case on AndyTony later to see if you notice anything anti-town about his play thus far? Why wait?
I thought it was an accurate post because I feel it's good logic that makes sense. He's apparently trying to say that these early votes from him don't mean much, but are more so to add pressure, and some people may even view them as FoSing. That's just my take on it.
Cephir wrote:I agree with Odd. AT was starting to look like an easy D1 lynch target IMO and I think Pitstop was trying to push the potential wagon there. Good catch. This could be you chainsaw defending AT but there was that little jab thrown in at him at the end. And I don't think AT is scum anyway. Definitely the most solid thing I've seen.

Unvote
Vote: Pitstop
I truly don't feel you agree with ODD, but are simply looking for an excuse to hop on the bandwagon and possibly get me lynched. My vote on AT was said to be an 'easy lynch', but this seems like much more of an easy lynch to me.
ODDin wrote:I don't like this. AndyTony is stating his opinions and actually helps the discussion move somewhere more than anyone else in the game right now.
I don't see what info he can feed the scum, exactly.

Also, what does "doing it without actually voting [...]"? First you say that him telling too much of his opinions and thinking is bad for the town, because it apparently gives the scum too much info (something I don't agree with in the first place). But then you say that if he voted, it'd be okay?

Also, he didn't really change his opinions much. He was pretty much going around the same points over and over again. So I certainly don't see how this is "opinion flip-flopping".
Ok, so I will admit the comment I made about the opinion statement was wishy-washy, but I think you're misinterpreting some of it.

I never said he was changing his opinions, I just said his opinions aren't really helping. However, like I said, this is wishy-washy because you point out here that he stuck by his opinions, and I agree with that and it's logical.

I was trying to say that we weren't accomplishing anything. We were laying our cards out on the table, but we never used them and so that's what I'm getting at. This may come across like I just think we should lynch anyone, which isn't true. But what I do feel is that we need to do at least some voting that isn't random, rather than just wasting our time posting opinions 24/7.

But the game is picking up now and so this can be semi-disregarded due to the fact that many people are voting for those who they are suspicious of.

Unvote
btw, I never unvoted my random vote back from the early stages.

Return to “Completed Open Games”