Mini 775 - Hammersmouth Is Under Attack! (Game over)

_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:58 am

Post by _over9000 »

Vote: Artem
because he appears to have a working knowledge of the englosh language.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:59 am

Post by _over9000 »

EDIT: english

oh, the irony...
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:40 am

Post by _over9000 »

Please note that I have only read up to page 70.

unvote
first of all.

Second, I would like to officially
FOS: PsychoSniper

Psycho gets an FOS from me because, from what I've read of his posts, he appears to be using a strategy of becoming overly friendly with the town. He has refrained from making any actual arguments, instead using very polite phrases and overall tone. I find it hard to believe, were he town, that he would be so passive in his mannerisms.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by _over9000 »

kabenon007 wrote:
I jumped on a wagon then as well.
Now why would that be, kids? That's how I play the first day. I hate the first day with a passion, more than likely because of my IRL mafia experiences of
people just randomly bandwagoning someone to death
, with no information coming out of it.
He then went on to say that he "hates it do to the quick lynches... that give no information". However, he seems to have no problem with jumping on a bandwagon on the very first page.
kabenon007 wrote: But
I didn't gather the information to try to lead the town somewhere,
I gathered it just to get some information out there.
You just directly confessed that what you were doing wasnt helping the town in any way. If you aren't with the town, you're against it. No in-between.

I've read up to the most recent post, and I am definitely confident in a
vote: kabenon007

Now, I have a couple of questions for two of the other players.

First of all, PsychoSniper, can you defend my FOS against you in my previous post?

CJMiller, where do you get "discriminating against new players" out of Pablo Molinero's comments? He wasn't the only one telling you to add more content, so why did you vote for him? In fact, why did you find it to be worthy of a vote towards any of them?

FOS: CJMiller
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:33 am

Post by _over9000 »

Kabe, why is it that youre posts have suddenly transformed from all but attacking those who were suspecting you to such a polite mood?
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:09 am

Post by _over9000 »

Pablo wrote: Over has a whole 4 posts to his name, one jumping on a semi-popular wagon and mostly misinterpreting kabenon007's words even after kabenon's exchange with me had (I thought) cleared it up.
The reason I have so few posts is that it appears I am in a far different timezone that the rest of you (US Eastern). Therefore, while you guys are able to actively partake in heated debates in real time, I am forced to be active only when my schedule allows it, which does not fall into any of yours. So, my posts are directed at the entire day, and by the time im next on a whole new page has been posted.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:10 am

Post by _over9000 »

Also, I'm currently working on a more in-depth analysis that I'll post when I'm done.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:39 am

Post by _over9000 »

Seeing as how I don't think you guys quite know where I stand in this game, I'm gong to make this pretty straightforward. I'm gonna go ahead and address each player individually, one post at a time. The first post of my analysis will be directed at the player I find the most scummy, then continuing in order from there. In order...

CJMiller
kabenon007
kirroha
Percy
Pablo Molinero
iamausername
Sotty7
Wulfy
semioldguy
Farkshinsoup
Artem

CJMiller

When I started this I had planned on having an abundance of quotes per player, but
you haven't said anything useful
. In fact, the only game related content you've posted is this:
CJMiller wrote: Vote: Pablo Molinero for discriminating against new players.
First of all, you never once said you were a new player. He wasn't voting for you because
you're new, he voted (I assume; I do not claim to speak for him) because you have been COMPLETELY useless.

I wish there was more to say about you, but you don't leave any room for comment. Everything youve posted was to make yourself look active when you aren't. Perfect strategy for scum, let everyone accuse each other while you fly under the radar.
FarkshinSoup wrote: He seems like if he is scum, some well applied pressure will reveal some cracks, or make him shut up completely. Either one would be telling.
Completely true. And if he comes back and give actual, convincing defenses than maybe he can get off the hook. However, L-2 is even more pressure than the L-3 where he's currently standing.

unvote
Vote: CJMiller

Kabe, you aren't off my radar yet.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:00 am

Post by _over9000 »

kabenon007

Much of my suspicion against you has already been adressed in my previous posts. In more detail...
kabenon007 wrote: Unvote, vote: Percy

Diescumdie.
You claimed you withheld your reasoning "for reactions". You say this as if it's supposed to be good for the town. Like by gaining reactions you do nothing but assist us in finding scum. But to me, this is a huge, blatant scumtell. By not giving your reasoning from the start, what would everyone else have to argue against? Nothing. You left the town nothing to pick apart aside from one specific error.

To a group of unsure, confused players, in the very beginning of the game, that single error could go by completely unnoticed. Amidst all the commotion, it would not be unlikely for the rest of the town to entirely overlook this slipup. Without reasoning, you had plenty of time to create an alibi that would please this particular town. A good townie would have given their reasoning from the start to prevent getting the town confused and targetting you while the real scum got away. That's why I don't think you are a townie at all, you're scum.

[FOS: kabenon007[/b]

That's all of of TWO posts.
kabenon007 wrote: I am saying that scum gathering information or town gathering information doesn't matter, information is still being gathered. The means by which it is gathered, while important, do not discount the fact that information was obtained.
Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong. But not only is this wordy and hard to follow, you seem to be saying that whether scum gather information or the town gathers information, its still good. To the town, scum gathering extra information is BAD. It gives them room to create fake defenses to convince the town they are innocent. The only way that you could possibly consider scum gathering information good is if you were indeed scum.

Now, I'll admit that a lot of my past accusations against you have been towards your playstyle and not your scumminess, which I apologize for and won't bring up here. But then I realize that nearly all of your content beyond what I mentioned above was with regards to your playstyle, and not your gameplay. So, please, defend my accusation above. I get that your strategy is different than mine. But to me, it's your actions that do it.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:19 am

Post by _over9000 »

Yes, actually, it does. Thank you.

As far as the rest of my analysis, I should be able to have more up by tomorrow or later tonight.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by _over9000 »

kirroha

kirr, I don't believe I've actually addressed you at all yet in this game. Nonetheless, I find many things that you have done to be quite suspicious. I feel that many of the other players have already covered most of my problems with you, so I'll try and make yours somewhat short.
kirroha wrote:Percy, I sort of defended you a bit since I didn't believe that you were the mafia, but this post you made made me think twice. Are you buddying up to me, by voting for the person who showed some suspicion at me? It's a pretty anti-town action, and you didn't give any case on Pablo before voting for him. I change my mind.
You "sort of defended him" in post 37. A whole 14 posts later, youve changed your mind based on one quote. While I admit that his post was quite strange (which I'll get to in a minute), I can't see why it was enough to go from defending him to voting for him.
kirroha 68 wrote:That is true. However, I do believe that pressure had been enough for Percy, and that
I was rather convinced at that time that both are innocent.
I was not suspicious of Percy's "vote-switching" at that time, as I think that I would have done the same as well - it's human nature to correct mistakes that other people have made.
Thus, I did not actually see the point of over-pressurizing Percy.
When scum see us fighting among ourselves, it would be better for them without them even lifting a finger.
As far as the bolded text, why, barely emerging from the RVS, would ou be so certain that any one person was innocent?

As far as the italicised text, it directly contradicts what you said earlier:
kirroha 57 wrote:I am merely trying to put more pressure on Percy to see if he would actually react differently.
You're switching your story, in barely 10 posts. Maybe you have an excuse that I'm not seeing, but to me this seems like a scumtell.

As well as what many others have addressed, you look like someone who could simply be trying to hard to look town. I used to do the same thing as scum, so I know what it looks like. You're acting like I did.

Toward the rest of the players, I might have kirr at the top of my list if it weren't for the fact that CJ's bandwagon seems to be taking off much faster and I want to hear much more from him.

Nevertheless,
FOS: kirroha
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by _over9000 »

I can't see why you claiming would help at all. We've already got one role claimed, which gives the mafia one target. If there's a doctor, they could still save Artem if they find it worthwhile, but if you also claim then they now have 2 targets. Doesn't seem like it would be much good to the town.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by _over9000 »

Even though he's already at L-3, and we've established that nearly everyone in the town suspects you at least -somewhat-?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you aren't scum, you might be the least helpful townie I've ever played with.
CJMiller wrote: Whenever I do anything, it just makes you all think I'm scum.
Pray tell, what have you done AT ALL during this game? People suspect you because of what you ARENT doing, not what you are.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by _over9000 »

kirroha wrote: That's the problem. Claiming will help the mafia know about the setup. But I know I'm Town - if I get lynched it won't be good for the Town either. Still, it's better for a real scum to be lynched Day 1 and a pro-towner to die Night 1 than for a Pro-town power role to get lynched Day 1 and a pro-towner to die Night 1. No matter what, we should always aim for minimal casualties.
True. But at this point in the game, a claim means next to nothing when anyone could claim any role and have just as much validity as everyone else. From a neutral perspective, pretending I don't suspect you and that you are town, claiming is probably a bad idea. If I'm wrong about you and you're innocent I'd rather you be useful. Just IMO.
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:05 am

Post by _over9000 »

I've been overwhelmed by homework this weekend, so I don't have anywhere near enough time to type out a full analysis. However, I have one major question:

Wulfy, why are all of your votes on people nobody else is voting for?
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 am

Post by _over9000 »

I still dont have time to put up a full post (I can promise one by Thursday at the latest) but I certainly feel like we need to put a good amount of pressure on Kirr's replacement. Now, I suspect Kirr more at this point, but I didn't want to hammer, so...

vote: kirroha
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by _over9000 »

wulfy wrote: semioldguy wrote:
kirroha has asked for replacement due to vacation/parents/time issues saying that she won't be able to post. She is in at least two other games currently with no mention of her vacation and no replacement requests there. She has even posted in one of those games within the last six hours and at multiple different times of day over the past three days and it appears that she intends on being active there.

I am going to go with "Lynch all Liars" and say we should get rid of her today.

You win the day.

Unvote; Vote Kirr
This.

I'm pretty sure that we've gotten enough information out of this day. Everyone is pretty set on who they suspect. And it's pretty clear that kirr is near the top of enough people's lists to do this.

No replacement could possibly answer for everything she's done.

Let's go to bed.

unvote
vote: kirroha
_over9000
_over9000
Goon
_over9000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:45 am

Post by _over9000 »

Sotty7 wrote: Right now I want to hear from Over. He promised analysis of the thread and barely delivered before dropping a quick hammer on Kirr after it was clear she was lying about her replacement need.
I will admit, I bit off more than I could chew by promising a full-thread analysis. And I'll admit that my quick-hammer on Kirroha is very suspicious and could be seen as bussing once the town all but knew she was scum.

But, from my experience, scum attempting to bus fellow scumbuddies wouldn't do it in the way I did. Because, you're right. I offered no reason whatsoever for my vote. And if I were trying to bus, don't you think I would have given some sort of reasoning for it to make myself seem more pro-town? Or, for that matter, ACTUALLY lynch one of my scumbuddies?
Percy wrote: Unvote
Vote: _over9000
ENTIRE HAND OF SUSPICION: _over9000

No replacement could answer for everything she's done? Are you kidding?

You may have just cost the town their vigilante. And you waited.... a full 7 minutes after Wulfy's post to hammer! And just after Artem is discussing optimal town strategy to deal with this situation as well.

That is the scummiest quickhammer I've seen in a very long time.
Yeah, I
may
have cost us our vigilante. Was that a risky move? Yeah. I like to take risks. This time, it paid off. And what you said in that post has one very big scumtell to me. Yes, I know this is
HUGELY
reaching for tells, but I obviously had to at least point it out...
Percy wrote: Unvote
Vote: _over9000
ENTIRE HAND OF SUSPICION: _over9000

No replacement could answer for everything she's done? Are you kidding?

You may have just cost
the town their
vigilante. And you waited.... a full 7 minutes after Wulfy's post to hammer! And just after Artem is discussing
optimal town strategy
to deal with this situation as well.

That is the scummiest quickhammer I've seen in a very long time.
Why do you speak of the town as if it's a separate entity from yourself? As if you yourself aren't a part of the town but are just stepping in and pretending?

Plus, as Fark said, your whole random voting debacle from the first day was ridiculous. And, overall, I don't think anything you've done has helped the town. Enough for me to give a

vote: Percy

I realize that that argument dabbles in WIFOM, but I feel like it answers most of the immediate questions you guys seem to have.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”