skitzer (0/7):
Xdaamno (2/7): Green Crayons, Patrick
Yosarian2 (3/7): OhGodMyLife, charter, Ether

Not voting (4/12):

skitzer, DizzyIzzyB13, Korts, camn

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Countdown To Deadline
============================
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:00 pm

Post by Ether »

I've slipped behind, and I've only skimmed the last few pages. I'm a bit preoccupied right now--don't expect a proper post until Friday evening at the earliest.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

Korts wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:I know it's a major part of your arguing style, but can you avoid being intellectually dishonest? I try and not make claims such as "...all this crap you're spewing" until I actually feel I have already proven why I believe that. You put those kind of things at the start of your argument, which is just annoying to read.
Green Crayons wrote:
X wrote:Perhaps the vote is obsolete. I haven't done the mental legwork to decide if I think it is or not. Therefore, the 'expected value' of pressure from this vote is still above 0 (and would be even if we all believed otherwise, because we could all potentially be wrong.) If there is no negative to keeping my vote here, I'm drawing a net positive and so it's not worth removing.
I read this as: "Here's a bunch of BS to explain why I didn't remove the vote because I made up the reason for the vote after the fact." I'm curious if anyone else sees it this way.
Dosen't need responding to, as I noted above.
I really don't like this; GC has a valid theory, and Xdaamno evades it by attacking the form in which the point is made rather than its contents.
The 'theory' is backed up by absolutely nothing, and so there's nothing I can respond to it with. What did you expect me to say? He's saying 'maybe you're scum and doing x', while I see it as 'I'm town and I'm doing y' - both are fingerquotes "valid", but there's no reason to favour the first one imo.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:16 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

camn wrote:Top three rocks.

Mine =
Ether
skitzer
Xdaamno
Provide your reasoning.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Incognito »

Catching up.

DizzyIzzy's 250 actually makes me feel even better about my vote. Her position on Yosarian2 seems extremely wishy-washy to me despite the fact that he's apparently "clearly ahead of anyone else in the suspect pool". Judging by her interpretation of his actions, I certainly wouldn't have been able to determine that she found him scummy from her post -- she seemed to lean town on him as she mentioned that she is "less likely to vote for him" since he's making sense. Her reasoning for suspecting Ether is terrible; I can't see how a person asking for a top three list from another person could be interpreted as "scum looking for consensus targets to bandwagon" when Ether has seemed to make it quite clear that she finds DizzyIzzy in particular scummy. Why would an Ether-scum ask for a top three from
someone who she considers scummy
in order to obtain a "consensus target"? That makes absolutely no sense.

I'd also like to note that her top two suspects just so happen to be the two people who are receiving the most attention at this time, and I don't think you can genuinely find both Ether and Yosarian2 at the same level of scumminess with one another considering the fact that the two of them have seemed to take opposing positions on one another. I'd think you either support one or the other or support neither of the two. The whole post looks really contrived to me.
Post 251, Patrick wrote:Hm. That makes me feel better about your alignment.
What is it about DizzyIzzy's 250 that you found to
? I find it extremely odd that you had absolutely no comment on her critique of top three's and her using that to suspect Ether when I know from personal experience playing with you that you often ask
your own
top suspects to produce top three's in order to get a feel for where their suspicions lie and to see if their suspicions make sense and go in line with your own thinking. And you should definitely know that Ether has done this in past games as town as well. Explain please.

In response to your 260, the only time I've dealt with a claimed Miller who actually turned out to be a Miller was in Mini 635 - WOMAFIA. Lord Gurgi claimed Douchebag (Miller) in his opening post. Despite the fact that I had LG checked off as likely town for the remainder of the game, I found myself paranoid with him remaining alive closer and closer to end-game. I just think true Miller claims do more harm than good for the town since they allow scum to capitalize on the psychological WIFOM games that are inherent in townie paranoia. Perhaps I was a bit presumptuous when I said "if Yosarian2 was town I think he'd know better than this" since, now that I think about it and now that we've gotten answers from him, I do agree that claiming Miller as scum in the manner he did would probably be worse play for him as scum than as town, but I do hold by the belief that if he's telling the truth, his choice and the manner in which he claimed is terrible.
Post 261, camn wrote:If I am scum, and I run up a townie[...]
Scum slip or a hypothetical?

I don't care for the top three Xdaamno <-> GC debate. It looks like a theory argument rather than something that can be used to gauge alignments. I will note however that even if Xdaamno dislikes top three's and prefers to state his suspicions in his posts using full reasoning, I still feel like I have absolutely no clue as to who he finds scummy at the moment, which does bother me.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:41 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Incog makes a good point abou Izzy. I'm really not getting a good vibe off of her posts.
Incognito wrote:Perhaps I was a bit presumptuous when I said "if Yosarian2 was town I think he'd know better than this" since, now that I think about it and now that we've gotten answers from him, I do agree that claiming Miller as scum in the manner he did would probably be worse play for him as scum than as town, but I do hold by the belief that if he's telling the truth, his choice and the manner in which he claimed is terrible.
Why?

I think I had to claim miller today. I don't think doing it in the very first post of the game is a good idea, because that seemed like it would prevent or cut off other interesting dicussion from happening and make the whole day a big discussion about me being a lurker; I thought it would be better to wait until some other stuff was happening first before I dropped my bomb, it just seemed like that would work better as far as the town getting information goes first.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:42 am

Post by Patrick »

Incognito wrote:What is it about DizzyIzzy's 250 that you found to like?
It's more of a gut thing, or I'd probably have said something more at the time. I like that her thoughts on charter seem to be running similar to mine, and I agree with her read of Yosarian's responses. I certainly didn't agree with everything she said in the post. The whole top three thing hasn't particularly interested me either: I think it's largely taste whether someone likes to give lists or not, and I don't think Ether asking for one says anything about her alignment. A much better reason to suspect Ether is the post she made voting Yosarian, and I'm surprised that you don't seem bothered by that at all. As for your issues with her post, I don't find them especially compelling, though I'd rather let her defend herself from those first.
Incognito wrote:I do agree that claiming Miller as scum in the manner he did would probably be worse play for him as scum than as town, but I do hold by the belief that if he's telling the truth, his choice and the manner in which he claimed is terrible.
I still don't get why the choice and the manner in which he claimed is terrible. Is there some special reason why a miller claim should come right at the start of day 1 instead of half way through it? Or something else that's terrible? If he wanted to get reactions with his claim, I'd say it worked.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:43 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I find it really unlikely that there's actually a miller in this game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:I find it really unlikely that there's actually a miller in this game.
Considering how many games i have (and you have) seen lately with a miller, I'm not sure why you would say that, OGML...
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Incognito »

Yos2 & Patrick: Like I said above, I just think Miller claims bring about a lot of unnecessary townie paranoia. This is especially true considering the fact that the current meta with a lot of mods seems to instill a lot of Cop-hate anyway. WOMAFIA was a good example of this.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Incognito »

Missed a part...
Patrick wrote:A much better reason to suspect Ether is the post she made voting Yosarian, and I'm surprised that you don't seem bothered by that at all.
I just don't see what was wrong with Ether's vote. The post in general struck me as very town-ish (making it a point to mention that she can't even see you or me as scum with Yosarian2 the way OGML suggested while voting Yos2), and I really don't interpret it as scum being opportunistic the way other people have seemed to.

You feel really off to me, Patrick. Are you scum here?

OGML:
Post 247, Incognito wrote:
OGML:
My linking to
one
town game where I handled a miller claim in a similar manner to here was enough for you to automatically write me off as town? Why?
Answer, plz?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Patrick »

You saw that post as
townish
? I don't see how making those observations would be less likely to come from scum, especially if Yos2 is town, which I think he is. That whole post seems like a pretty easy one for a scum to make, actually.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:48 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Incognito wrote:Catching up.

DizzyIzzy's 250 actually makes me feel even better about my vote. Her position on Yosarian2 seems extremely wishy-washy to me despite the fact that he's apparently "clearly ahead of anyone else in the suspect pool". Judging by her interpretation of his actions, I certainly wouldn't have been able to determine that she found him scummy from her post -- she seemed to lean town on him as she mentioned that she is "less likely to vote for him" since he's making sense. Her reasoning for suspecting Ether is terrible; I can't see how a person asking for a top three list from another person could be interpreted as "scum looking for consensus targets to bandwagon" when Ether has seemed to make it quite clear that she finds DizzyIzzy in particular scummy. Why would an Ether-scum ask for a top three from
someone who she considers scummy
in order to obtain a "consensus target"? That makes absolutely no sense.

I'd also like to note that her top two suspects just so happen to be the two people who are receiving the most attention at this time, and I don't think you can genuinely find both Ether and Yosarian2 at the same level of scumminess with one another considering the fact that the two of them have seemed to take opposing positions on one another. I'd think you either support one or the other or support neither of the two. The whole post looks really contrived to me.
Your problem is that you're looking at it from the persopective that "Izzy suspects these people" not "Izzy finds these people the most suspicious". There's a difference. I don't support the lynch either of them right now. Just because they're the most suspicious people in the game, doesn't mean I necessarily think they're scum. I don't particularly believe anyone is supicious enough to be worth a vote yet. That should tell you enough to go on.

It's another reason why I hate the use of Top Threes. It's arbitrary. I mean, if you ask someone to name the top three ways they'd like to die, it doesn't mean they're ready to die right now. Silly, arbitrary and generally unhelpful except maybe to scum who are looking for something like I poosted from a person who has yet to form solid opinions of the game.
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Incognito »

Patrick wrote:You saw that post as
townish
? I don't see how making those observations would be less likely to come from scum, especially if Yos2 is town, which I think he is. That whole post seems like a pretty easy one for a scum to make, actually.
Yes, I did. It made plenty of sense to me from a town perspective, especially if she genuinely thought Yosarian2 was scum due to the contradiction I pointed out from the MD thread. I'd like for her to defend herself though since that's not my territory to do so.
Post 287, DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Your problem is that you're looking at it from the persopective that "Izzy suspects these people" not "Izzy finds these people the most suspicious". There's a difference. I don't support the lynch either of them right now. Just because they're the most suspicious people in the game, doesn't mean I necessarily think they're scum. I don't particularly believe anyone is supicious enough to be worth a vote yet. That should tell you enough to go on.
I don't see the difference between those two statements. My vote is on you right now but that doesn't necessarily mean I want you lynched right at this moment either. My vote is my indicator that I find your behavior suspicious and worthy of further attention. I assumed your top three meant similar, otherwise I can't see why you'd even produce one in the first place even if someone asked you to provide one. You'd just say "nobody's really suspicious enough to me at this time for me to be able to produce a top three".

You say "they're the most suspicious people in the game"... are you saying this from your own perspective or the town collective's perspective?
Post 287, DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Silly, arbitrary and generally unhelpful except maybe to scum who are looking for something like I poosted from a person who has yet to form solid opinions of the game.
So do you think Ether hasn't formed solid opinions of the game yet? Also, do you honestly think a hypo-Ether-scum could logically demand a top three from a hypo-you-town, a person she "suspects", and then once she receives that top three, automatically use your top three to drive her own "suspicions"?

Can you also link to a recently completed game where you've been town? I can't seem to find any.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:42 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I will have a real post later, but seriously, Yosarian2 and Patrick are scum, and there is no miller.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Incognito wrote:Can you also link to a recently completed game where you've been town? I can't seem to find any.
No, primarily because there aren't any. I've only started 2 games that have been completed on MS, in both of which I was scum. In all my other games, I've replaced in.
Show
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:I will have a real post later, but seriously, Yosarian2 and Patrick are scum, and there is no miller.
Pfffffft. (hand guesture)

Anyway, (aside from your total lack of a case on me, other then your weak mafia-theory "millers shouldn't do what Yos just did even though I apparently can't explain why not" stuff) I'm curious how you came to the conclusion that Patrick is scum here. His posts look pretty town to me.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by camn »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:

Mine =
Ether
skitzer
Xdaamno
Provide your reasoning.
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote: It's arbitrary. I mean, if you ask someone to name the top three ways they'd like to die, it doesn't mean they're ready to die right now.
This is my reasoning.
I LOVE top threes BECAUSE they are arbitrary.
I am not as bone-chillingly logical as you guys... I like to arbitrarily pick out scum, and start asking them questions, and see what happens.
And, if I may say, I don't do too bad with it.

THIS GAME, however, I am surrounded by awesome, and so far mostly I am taking notes on how to improve my game. Plus I am watching, waiting for the right time to go crazy.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Patrick »

charter, any opinion on the last 3 pages or so? I can see you've been around.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Xdaamno »

camn wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:

Mine =
Ether
skitzer
Xdaamno
Provide your reasoning.
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote: It's arbitrary. I mean, if you ask someone to name the top three ways they'd like to die, it doesn't mean they're ready to die right now.
This is my reasoning.
I LOVE top threes BECAUSE they are arbitrary.
I am not as bone-chillingly logical as you guys... I like to arbitrarily pick out scum, and start asking them questions, and see what happens.
And, if I may say, I don't do too bad with it.

THIS GAME, however, I am surrounded by awesome, and so far mostly I am taking notes on how to improve my game. Plus I am watching, waiting for the right time to go crazy.
I like that example Izzy, I'll have to remember it.

Looks like camn's going with a "If you can't join them, beat them" strategy.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anyway, now that the game's over, I can ask this question:

OGML, why is your reaction to a miller claim in this game so different then it was in Mafia 88 viewtopic.php?t=9775&start=1825? You were a pro-town vig in the game; Der Hammer claimed miller day 1, and you never attacked him, never voted him, never questioned him at all, and never used your vig kill on him all game. So why do you have this bizzare "MUST LYNCH ALL CLAIMED MILLERS" and "THERE ARE NO MILLERS" attitude in this game?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Dizzy, that example works perfectly - but not how you intend it:

If you ask someone to name the top three ways they'd like to die, it doesn't mean they're ready to die right now.
If you ask someone to name the top three people they find most suspicious, it doesn't mean they're ready to lynch them right now.

It's a gauge of feelings, not an ultimatum. I also don't know how it's arbitrary - it's someone's personal opinion of who is and isn't suspicious. Unless if you're trying to say that people can't figure out who they find to be more suspicious? Which is silly.

camn's 292 is suspicious. She says that she likes to be random in her scum hunt throughout the game. She also appeals to the "superior" company that is being kept, which is supposed to excuse her poor/lack of play, or something.

X ignoring the last bit of Incog's 279 does not surprise me.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Incognito »

I had like five other questions in my 288 that Izzy pretty much ignored. Nice.

Green Crayons wrote:X ignoring the last bit of Incog's 279 does not surprise me.
I noted this too, and he's been pretty consistent with his "ignorance" all game. Despite what he said, I really do get the feeling that he's not reading the thread, which is awful no matter his alignment. I'll need to do a meta-read of him to see if his self-described "always being lynched for looking scummy as town" matches up with his play here.

camn:
Post 279, Incognito wrote:
I took this out of context, but I did want a response about this. It reminded me very closely of something you did in a previous game where you were scum.

Yos2's find on OGML is pretty good. I definitely second the call for a response from him on why his reaction to claimed Millers differs so drastically between the two games. I'm also not crazy about the fact that he's once again ignored my question about why he checked me off as town so quickly after I linked to only one previous game where I was town.

And we need a shitload of posts from a lot of people.
Korts, skitzer, charter, Ether:
let's pick up the pace here.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:09 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Incognito wrote:I had like five other questions in my 288 that Izzy pretty much ignored. Nice.
I'll come back to them, I just didn't have time then. Whcih should have been on the end fo my last post, but I appear to have screwed up posting.
Show
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:08 am

Post by camn »

Incognito wrote: camn:
Post 279, Incognito wrote:
I took this out of context, but I did want a response about this. It reminded me very closely of something you did in a previous game where you were scum.
Well, Hypothetical if those are my only options.

Though I think a more IN CONTEXT version would be .. "If ETHER were scum, and ETHER runs up a townie......."

And I told you. I have no meta!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”