Mini 773- Welcome to Lynchville! Perfection! (Over)

LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:43 am

Post by LesterGroans »

/confirm
[b]"Let's get one thing straight, kid. The only reason you're still [i]conscious[/i] is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van."[/b]
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:01 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Vote: AndyTony

We want answers, dammit!!
[b]"Let's get one thing straight, kid. The only reason you're still [i]conscious[/i] is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van."[/b]
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by LesterGroans »

Anyway, I'm gonna
unvote
my fake nonexistent vote and ....

Vote: ChiefSkye4
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by LesterGroans »

No, not at this point ... I probably wouldn't have chose Chief if I knew that he had a vote on him(same post time), but I'm fine with it where it is for now. Pressure on a couple of players gives us more information.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:03 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Alexhans wrote:You wouldn't vote for someone who already has a vote? why? you think it can lead to a bandwaggon to fast or what
No, I don't think anyone this early is going to be lynched because of a bandwagon, but it was just an arbitrary vote and I probably would have chosen someone else if I knew there was a vote for him right above me anyway.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:01 am

Post by LesterGroans »

KublaiKhan wrote:BTW - What's with the over-aggressive questioning during the random vote phase?
I don't think there's a problem with it, it's really the only way we're going to get out of random stage.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:50 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Kublai wrote:Yeah, but random stage is going to happen. Mind as well let people get it out of their system. Since PieIsPopcorn is starting the questioning in the opening 2 pages where people are still going to pop in with their random vote, all he accomplishes is sewing confusion and chaos into the opening procedures.

Better to let everyone show up, say their hellos, make their jokes, etc.., and then leap in with pointed questions. I just don't see the benefit in breaking with convention.
Fair enough, I just don't see why it matters. If I showed up and there was actual content to work with I wouldn't feel the need to throw in a jokevote, I'd actually comment on what was going on.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:05 am

Post by LesterGroans »

EDIT Generally I don't mind the random stage. Unless there is a reason to develop conversation as Alexhans seems to have given us. Now we can talk about stuff and don't need the random.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:53 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Sorry, been trying to catch up, was away from the internet for a bit, but for now:

Unvote
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:02 am

Post by LesterGroans »

RedCoyote wrote:Anyone want to discuss the idea of a ppp policy lynch (a p-p-p-policy lynch if you will, lol)?

I'm being serious.
This. I don't make a habit of lynching people who are anti-town but not necessarily scum, because any town is good town, however I also don't play meta. So, based on this game, ppp is coming off really scummy. I don't know if it's inexperience or what, but voting for a No Lynch on day 1? Are you kidding me? i really don't like it. All the other cases seem to be based off of whether we came out of RVS too quickly... I don't know. I haven't seen a more compelling case than PPP's, but I'm definitely open to more.

Vote: ppp973
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:02 am

Post by LesterGroans »

I'm happy leaving my vote where it is for now, but:

Light-Kun wrote:Can we move off the novice discussion and move more on the KK versus Pie discussion?
I agree that moving off of bickering over experience is a good idea, but narrowing it down to two choices that early? It just seemed like you were trying to get people on either side instead of exploring more options.

Light-Kun wrote:On PPP: Policy lynches can be good assuming people, in the time of discussing whether it should be followed through with or not because those who were going out of their way to defend him might be scum. This has happened though, so
I wouldn't really suggest policy lynching ppp at the moment

Secondly: Hm... excuse randomness:

People not voting Kublai Kahn: Do you think he's scummy, yes or no?
Why are we letting ppp distract us so much that Kublai's accusations are no longer being pursued?
Bolding is mine. The first part sounds too convenient... buttering up the idea that a policy lynch is reasonable, maybe in case you need to push one later? Especially the last bit where you seem to say that we shouldn't now, but we should put it on the back-burner. Weird.

The second bolded part: no, I don't really. Aggressive maybe, but no more so than you. This whole post feels like you really want a KK lynch, but if it falls apart you'll settle for a ppp one instead.

-your percentage explanation seems weird and a bit of a cop-out
-your defensiveness at being called scum was also odd

I also want a replacement for Pie, as earlier actions were questionable and I want to see how the replacement plays.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:22 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Cateraction wrote:@Lester: The only accusations brought against KK were by Pie and I think KK dealt with them very acceptably. Do you agree? Expound on why you think he’s scummy and any scummy behavior you see since if not.
Actually, I said I don't think he's as scummy as some are portraying him.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by LesterGroans »

Light-kun wrote:Hm, it appears I miscued. At post 84, after rereading 81, I should have proceeded to attack Pie, who was very defensive when I doubly attacked Pie and KK. Also, KK shows superior logic and makes sense.
Okay, I find this a really suspicious backtrack ... if I'm making a case -- especially one as vehement as yours against KK -- I usually make sure I'm talking about the right person.

Unvote

Vote: Light-kun
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by LesterGroans »

Kublai Kahn wrote:Forget ppp973. Archon makes a much, much better policy lynch.
I hope this is a joke, or I'll have to seriously re-eavaluate my position on KK.

Also, welcome Archon.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by LesterGroans »

I am convinced that Archaist is anti-town. The post by KK I myself was suspicious with, but it seemed to be confirmed by both Archon and KK as a joke, yet Archaist seemed to use it as fuel to ignite this lynch. Am I 100 per cent convinced that KK isn't scum? Maybe not, but these baseless attacks sure are putting me in his favour.

Unvote

Vote: Archaist
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by LesterGroans »

Yes, I do ... it still gives him a chance to answer questions and I don't think anyone's going to hammer. Even if they did -- and I do find Archaist scummy, so it's no nevermind to me -- they would have to be ready to answer questions. Either way, I don't think putting someone at L-1 at this stage is that bad ... Archaist -- in my eyes -- is the scummiest of the people I'm suspicious of. Why not a little more pressure?
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:59 am

Post by LesterGroans »

RedCoyote wrote:Lester, what has Light-kun/Archaist done to make you switch your vote?
I am still very suspicious of Light-kun, but Light-kun's answers to questions asked seemed well-thought out and ceded some points raised. Can't fault him for that. I have some doubts about Light-kun, but the only real doubt I have about Archaist is the WIFOM-ness of over-analyzing/under-analyzing the joke KK made(and whether it was a joke or not). Other than that...
Archaist wrote:Obviously. My goal is to lynch the people I find scummy. It's kinda hard to do that when I'm the only one that sees something wrong with what they post. All three of you are suspicious to me, so I would gladly lynch any.
This is sooo scummy it's ridiculous. It's basically Archaist trying to convince people that anyone who questions his actions deserves to be lynched because he's always right? What? The whole game is about voicing suspicions and answering questions, not following the leader.
Light-kun ignored my questions again. And three people posted after him and no one else called him out on that? Come on guys, when a someone blatantly ignores clear questions and a vote, something is up. The rest of you three (RedCoyote, LesterGroans, ppp973) are either not paying attention (anti-town) or letting it slide purposely (anti-town, suggesting scum team).
I believe KK said it, but this stinks of guilting people into a bandwagon and casting doubt on anyone who doesn't immediately jump on.
And, to the post that seemed to start it,
I don't like this statement. If you're serious then you're scummy for wanting to lynch a player before they even really post anything.
Of course, you could always hide behind your statement by saying you were just joking. Either way, it's not pro-town.
Bolded is the part that really irks me about it. I was suspicious of KK's claim too, but it could very obviously have been a joke. When it was cleared up as such(at least cleared up in most of our eyes, not yours obviously) people let it go, however the bolded part seems to show you saying: "If he's serious he's scum, if he's joking he's scum. MUST LYNCH!"
There are only two options: (1) you were serious, (2) you were joking (unless you can think of any more). Your comment is scummy in either context.
This is just not true. Bull-headedness and tunnel vision are scummy, a joke to an incoming player is not.
___
In regards to my vote: I don't see anything wrong with it. PPP has given little content anyway and Cream is barely active, I don't need to wait for their input to place a vote, especially one that is definitely not a hammer. I'm not jumping on a bandwagon, I'm switching over after reading arguments and reading -- what I think are -- very scummy posts by Archaist.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:02 am

Post by LesterGroans »

It's just Archaist's whole attitude of "I'm right, you're wrong, everyone follow me and anyone who stands in my way/questions me should be lynched" that really gets me. It's the epitome of anti-town.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:44 am

Post by LesterGroans »

@Alexhans, quick question about the list. Asterisks mean? People you're most suspicious of?
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:24 am

Post by LesterGroans »

I missed this, so just clearing it up:
Alexhans wrote:
Lester wrote:
but the only real doubt I have about Archaist is the WIFOM-ness of over-analyzing/under-analyzing the joke KK made(and whether it was a joke or not). Other than that...
So that was enough for your L-1 vote?
The doubt I meant was doubt in my thoughts of Archaist as scum ... sorry, it is phrased oddly, what it meant was that I think he's scum save for this small doubt.

Now, in light of recent events:

Unvote

Vote: Light-Kun

My previous thoughts regarding Light-kun being scum are still relevant, and he's my next candidate besides Archaist.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #20) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:04 am

Post by LesterGroans »

This keeps sticking in my craw:
Light-kun wrote:I said earlier that you've answered enough today (to qwints). However, since someone just completely shot down my thoughts on Looker, I moved my attack back to you.
This quote just feels wrong (besides the obvious mention of someone who isn't even playing the game). It feels like he was trying to start a wagon and it didn't take, so he tried something else. Shouldn't we be looking at people and making cases based on behaviour/actions? Not "attacking" someone else (who you admitted answered enough of your questions) once a lynch doesn't take-off.

I'm happy where my vote is.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #21) » Wed May 06, 2009 7:21 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Unvote

[vote: Cateraction[/b]

More to come later, but trying to beat deadline.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #22) » Wed May 06, 2009 7:23 am

Post by LesterGroans »

^
Vote: Cateraction

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”