The Apprentice: MafiaScum - Someone Hired!

Who would you rather work for?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm

Donald Trump
32%
ShadowLurker
68%
Blackberry
No votes

Total votes: 207

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:06 am

Post by Korts »

Cybele wrote:I nominate myself as Project Manager, but I'm fine if someone else wants the job.

I can't believe I made the old team. Am I really that old?
vote: Cybele for project manager
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Korts »

ZazieR wrote:
Farside wrote:I know how old Kmd is so I'm curious about how young, young actually is.
This. Kmd is only a few days older than me.
I don't understand the objections/surprise. It's clear the line had to be drawn somewhere, and the MS crowd is pretty young (mostly around 16-20). With a group like this the difference is bound to be minor.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Korts »

I'm willing to volunteer for Project Manager.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #83 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Korts »

animorpherv1 wrote:Spamming is bad. That's why I never spam unlike some people
*cough*JDodge*cough*
You voted for the other choice then.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #100 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Korts »

animorpherv1 wrote:
farside22 wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:@ farside; I meant this post:
PokerFace wrote:<<Was pmed or imed by 7 different scummers who asked PF to vote for their slogan.

3 supported one slogan 3 supported another and 1 just suggested I should choose whichever I think is best nicely.

<<Is not voting for any of them in order to disrespect the spaming actions equally.
I'm talking about the aim stuff that JD just posted
Sure, we got people that AIM/PM PF. You guys did to. I did not, because I find spamming is BAD.
You have much to learn, young one.

Also, lol @ reverse psychology failing so hard. With JD, dahill
and
Eteo.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #103 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Korts »

Name calling is really lame.

Seriously JD, you're much better than to resort to kindergarten tactics.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #118 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Korts »

ShadowLurker wrote:Korts, what went wrong? who do you think were the best and worst advertisers on your team?
I will answer when I make my choices.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #125 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Korts »

Korts wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:Korts, what went wrong? who do you think were the best and worst advertisers on your team?
I will answer when I make my choices.
Mr. Trump, I think what went wrong is that I made a hurried decision when I realized there was a 24 hour deadline. The creative process wasn't exactly complete, not to speak of the fact that in retrospect going for humour over corniness was something we shouldn't have done. But I thought the deadline was stricter than it apparently was, so I submitted what we had there and then.

As for the second question; Panzer I know helped
spam
advertise, and farside, Kmd, Cayke and PEG put the link in their sigs; the worst was possibly SensFan purely based on the advertising of the slogan--I am not aware that he helped in that aspect at all.

To the
boardroom
I'm taking farside, Cayke and SensFan with me.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #137 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 pm

Post by Korts »

Korts, who do you think should be fired and why? Why did you choose the three people you did? Is there a reason you did not choose Panzerjager after he admitted to not liking the slogan but not doing anything about it in thread?
I think Cayke or possibly farside should be fired. Cayke because I talked to her about the leak, and gave her multiple chances at telling me how much she leaked (on purpose or not), with a promise of no retribution, and she denied telling JD anything--but I eventually had to find details out from JDodge, details that directly contradicted her denial. In denial she also tried blaming multiple other team members, and I don't think that's something that is good for the team chemistry.

farside possibly because both the team name and slogan's final forms were suggested by her, and while I appreciate the effort we're playing the game to win.

Cayke and farside I chose for reasons listed above; SensFan I chose because he pitched the xyzzy idea originally, getting us started on the wrong track.

I didn't choose Panzer because I shared his unenthusiastic stance on the matter.
Lord Gurgi wrote:Korts: Why did you not wait for better ideas? Why did you go with what seemed to be popular rather than trust your own sensibilities? To what extent do you feel that you acted as a team leader?
Like I said, I thought the deadline was much stricter than it apparently was, so I made a hurried decision and picked the slogan that had actually been worked on and complimented on by multiple people. I went with what seemed to be popular because I trust the judgement of the individual members of the team enough to override my own when I'm in minority. As a team leader I tried to organize thoughts, made suggestions and offered constructive criticism. I feel I did a mediocre job of being team leader.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #140 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:08 am

Post by Korts »

ShadowLurker wrote:
Korts wrote:farside possibly because both the team name and slogan's final forms were suggested by her, and while I appreciate the effort we're playing the game to win.

Cayke and farside I chose for reasons listed above; SensFan I chose because he pitched the xyzzy idea originally, getting us started on the wrong track.
The point is brainstorming is to get ideas out on the table, good or bad. As project manager, isn't it your job to weed out those bad ideas? Also, the main point of this task was not the slogan, albeit it did contribute to your loss, but advertising, which is how the other team won.
I am not infallible, Project Manager or not. I thought that if a majority deemed something good, it was worth submitting regardless of my own opinion. Like I said, I trust my teammates' judgement.

And while advertising was a major part of the task, successful advertising also needed a good slogan, which is why I am approaching this situation from the creative perspective.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #143 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Korts »

Cayke wrote:[01:08:13 AM] jdodge1019: what is the
real
name
This is where your story is flawed, Cayke. Sorry.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #162 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Korts »

Heh, I like how Eagle Eye pretends that their willingness to accept JD as PM mattered at all and it wasn't already decided.

Also, bah go town.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #231 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by Korts »

Drench wrote:
Eteo wrote:So while you were goofing off, and I was managing the task, Jath kept me updated on your status and I checked back a few times to see that you were indeed ignoring me and continuing with the fake challenge.

My iPod is void of massive amounts of functionality. I have explained this already. You did see that, right?
Um didn't you claim a moment ago that you were sleeping? Even trying to sleep doesn't encompass doing a (fake) challenge in another game.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #589 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:39 am

Post by Korts »

[Korts ] adds [ 4261 ] on [ Drench]'s bid on [ Virgo 1 ] bringing the total up to [ 4485 ]
scumchat never die

Return to “Social Game Archive”