Abandoned games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:25 pm

Post by Stewie »

Just a backup mod would be fine... I used one for all my games, with the exception of newbie games. I only had to use it once, and it worked. Nanook was able to finish modding while I was in sanhetgochasitakeiusar helping the needy.

We could also do this:

The mod writes the setup in a way such that eveyone can understand it. He prints a hard copy, then puts it in some kind of box. He installs 12 locks on the box (this box is reusable) and gives one key to each of twelve people, and places it near the top of the CN tower. I the moderator goes missing, everyone with a key flies to toronto to retrieve the game setup and give it to a new mod. If you already live in toronto, you fly out, then immediatly in again, for security reasons.

Or we could also do this:

With word, there's a feature that lets you put a password on files. The moderator sends the game setup inside a password protected document. Then, he or she sends the document to co-ordinator A and the password to co-ordinator B. Since neither of them has access to the what's inside the file, they can both play, and send the file and the password to a third party if the mod happens to disappear. One thing is that if they are on the same side, they could use this to their advantage, but this can be prevented by chosing AFTER you give out the roles, and if not initially on the game but willing to replace, do so only if not in the same team as the other one. And keep them secret to prevent metagaming.

Tada!
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:02 pm

Post by Stewie »

jeep wrote:Word's password feature has been broken. So if you don't trust a person to have the file unencrypted, this won't work.

I think every game with a co-mod is fairly safe. Fuldu was able to handle my trip to China quite well.

-JEEP
Broken? Please elaborate, because I use this quite often, I cannot afford to have it broken.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”