GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Vote: RBT
for not waiting to correctly place that vote on Xtoxm when he showed up.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Okay, sorry. Got a bit distracted with this game, and since I was rather... restricted in my access to the internet recently (I am involved in entirely too many activities), I couldn't get a good read on this game. Just read over it. A lot has already been covered, but I want to look at a few things in a recent post.
dejkha wrote:How do you know you're still my suspect? You have no idea if the information I'm withholding concerns you and nobody else knows if it concerns them. FYI, being scum, I'd like to think they're always on there guard, so I don't worry about that.
Alrighty, let's start here. This is clearly you just BS-ing. How could he NOT be a suspect for you? He was a suspect before, and what has he done differently then before? Nothing. He's still a suspect, and if he isn't, then you really DO need to explain that one. However, since you clearly point out that what you claim he is doing by calling attention, yet again, to your lack of actually helping the town, for fear of "helping the mafia", (which is complete bull, by the way, since we start off blind and need all the help we can get), is scummy. If we're looking in the wrong direction, then telling how and why. Don't just stand there absent-mindedly telling us to aim elsewhere, while you paint a giant bullseye around yourself.
dejkha wrote:
Spolium wrote: That aside, your refusal to assist in the scumhunt (i.e. active participation;, asking questions, discussing points instead of inventing amusing metaphors for throwing them in the trash) does not help at all; you say it doesn't matter when you post it, but I contend that it is quite important. What if you don't start presenting a case until, say, a week before deadline? If you are the primary lynch candidate at that point, for example, and your case is good enough to make people think you're town (but not good enough to unanimously follow it), the town is suddenly forced into a position where they're under pressure to collectively decide on another candidate. What good can come of this?
You mean what good can come of selecting to lynch one of two suspicious people? What bad can come of it? The case either persuades you or it doesn't or we're both equally scummy, in which case it shouldn't matter who you vote for. But if they're that under pressure, then they don't have to vote. Town is always under pressure to lynch the right person.
That definitely not what I read from what Spolium said. You make it seem like he's just talking about asking the town to pick between two people. That's not the case. He's saying that if you keep this up, and the town continues to focus solely on you, only to have you whip out some kick-ass, whambo-jambo that proves we might be wrong the week of the deadline, then the town is stressed to produce a solution within a ridiculously short time, and to hope we get it right and don't kill the wrong person. Hell, for all we know, it could not be you, and also not be the people you point at. But your case could show you to be a strong scumhunter, worth keeping around, despite being a little off this time.
dejkha wrote:Well, then if I'm lynched you'll get a good chance to see who exploited it the most.
No, no, no, no. This is probably the dumbest thing for a townie to say, when being persecuted in a way they can prevent. I have watched it happen way too many times, to townie and scum alike. And do you know what happens when it's a townie? It's not always their attackers. Especially in cases like this. You are not doing anything spectacular enough to stop everyone from believing it to be an honest mistaken miskill if you are lynched and flip town. Even after me posting this. Hell, I'll even believe it. Why? Because you refuse to cooperate within the town's best interests. Don't assume that we'll see it as scum opportunist pushing a lynch. Town can just as easily push a lynch that seems right, while the scum hop aboard for the ride. You can't assume that your death will prove a damn thing, other then the fact that you are dead, and sometimes, game mechanics don't even allow you to assume a dead player is dead. So don't you dare use that as an argument, and still claim that what you're doing is in the best interests of the town.
dejkha wrote:
Spolium wrote: Also worth noting: the #1 scum objective (besides winning, obviously) is to deny the town an accurate read, or any read. This seems to be just what you are doing.
Things aren't always as they seem.
Except right here, right? After all, how can we get an accurate read on you, or your scumhunting methods, if you deny us the right to see them? By denying us the full list of who you currently suspect (I had to word it that way, since, you apparently might not still suspect Spolium, though we all know you do), and listing the reasons on
why
you suspect them, then you deny us an accurate read. By denying it, you cause yourself to look scummy.

Now, you claimed you wanted open-mindedness from the town when you give your case. dude, it's mafia. EVERYTHING has to be taken with a grain of salt, including this case built on you. So why not just tell the case, and attempt to clog some arteries? Don't give that bull on the mafia getting help. That's crap. If it's a case on them, then that's a good thing. It's not like you can secretly send it to all the town players, and rally them for a secret lynch. Put the case out, let us do with it as we will. If it's good, it's good, and will be listened to. If it's not, then you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place. Either way, you can't just sit on it, because the longer you do, the bigger the case against you will grow. And then you'll probably die with it, and if you flip town, and if it could've helped, it'll never be told.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

You never know, Nonny. We might get bored and decide to do something else. Like vote(for those of us not voting him already).

Also,
Unvote.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:06 am

Post by GhostWriter »

dejkha wrote:Ghost: "That is all BS and stop playing scummy."

Dej: Opinions, opinions.
Opinions? Well, in a game controlled by the general opinion of the masses, I think you should beware the opinions of the majority. I dare you to argue about it not being the majority. Now stop screwing around. because, yes, you are screwing around.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:34 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Is L-2 a good enough time for you to feel like maybe you need to start talking about who you suspect, Dejkha?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:51 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Holy crap, you're right! I forgot... Thank you!
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:52 am

Post by GhostWriter »

caf19 wrote:@ GhostWriter: despite dej being your top suspect, you haven't voted for him at any point. Why not? Fair enough, he was at L-2 some of the time, but not all the time.
Yes, he was my top suspect, something I implied, though didn't actually say. He was, however, not to the point where I felt the need to vote him, or to even add the pressure of my vote. I'm not a person who likes to throw votes around a lot, excluding random votes, which I love and find hilarious. I also wanted him, more than anything, to explain himself, because I'd recently had a game where a town player died for similar reasons, and it weighed in my choices.
Spolium wrote:GhostWriter - Do you consider it beneficial to reveal a
full
list of one's suspects? Why?
That depends. What it depends on is how much one finds a person scummy, how much the town finds a person scummy, as well as whether or not the town has caught on. If you find a person really scummy, then mention it. If you find a person scummy, who the town does not find scummy, bring it to there attention, same as if the town hasn't noticed a scummy action or message of a person (scummy person or not-currently-seen-as-scummy person). If it's something minor, or simply a gut feeling no need to mention that.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

caf19 wrote:Fair enough. So, now that dej has started to explain and/or expand on suspicions more, what do you think of him now?
It feels like this could just be a disgruntled townie, however, the amount of circular logic being used is making me look towards the scum side for this.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:16 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I have been gone for a while. Check my sig. I just read through... And on posts 291/292, Spolium already knew what I thought. That giving up, "leave-it-to-my-death-to-prove-such-and-such-is-scum" ideal makes me fine with hammering it. Actually, the fact that no majority = no lynch makes me fine with hammering it. This won't prove a damn thing about Emp. Here, I'll show you:
Vote: RBT
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I am in fact incorrect, I went back and looked closer at RBT's post and she claimed vanilla. I missed that on first go around, apologies.
I don't think that's nearly as bad as you attempting to set up Empking on something weak like this:

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Empking wrote:Her full claim suggests she thought I was pushing for a full claim.
Empking wrote:She didn't claim her Power Role.
Wasn't really a full claim if she didn't claim her power role now is it?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:15 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Empking wrote:
EsoMonty wrote:
And with this post my Town Read on Spoilum has gone bye bye. Mod confirming a PR is a scum power role not a town power role.
I am honestly not sure I am following your logic on that one. Could you explain more?
The mod would not confirm a town post restriction.
I'm not following you with this. Are you saying that the mod wouldn't jump on a player for not sticking to their post restriction, unless said player was scum? And I've never really considered a post restriction as a power, more like a... well, a restriction. It's nothing that really does much, and it can be given to players with actual powers just as easily as it can be given to those without powers.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

DDD, other than what you said in post 349, is there anything else to separate me, who you had leaning towards town, from her?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 am

Post by GhostWriter »

It'd be awful nice of them to show up.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I was asked to analyze DDD, and, honestly, I'm getting more of a town vibe from him than I did before he and Emp started their back-and-forth. I just like how it's being handled.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”