Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:38 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

I did a bunch of testsetups on the bot today. I found cult setups with 3 mafia with 0, 1, or 2 survivors. I also found one with 3 werewolves. I didn't see a setup with cult + two scumgroups, but I did find a setup with 2 mafia groups and a werewolf group. So I think there are lots of possibilities here.

One question I have - I found a "mafia-ally" that pops up every now and then. I saw a mafia-ally cop, gunsmith, role cop, and witch. These were all in addition to regular mafia and town groups. I didn't know that could actually be an in-game faction. How's that different from a regular mafia?
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Vir4030 »

This is the first time playing with Tar, but I was surprised by his ranting. He came across to me as a bit crazy. He explained it as it being his random voting strategy, and it certainly has started conversation. But there seems to be something more here. I couldn't put my finger on it until Xtoxm mentioned Jester. Then it all makes sense - Tar *wants* to get lynched. I absolutely agree with this. The question is - why?

URoE asked if Jester appears in wacky. I didn't see one in the testsetups I ran, but that doesn't mean anything. One thing that Xyl seems to want to keep in his bot is a level of unpredictability. Given that this is wacky, I would not exclude any role from appearing. So I believe it's possible that we could have a jester in this game. Additionally, keep in mind that Xyl did manually approve the setup. He could have decided that a certain role would appear in the game and added in no matter what the bot spit out. This is not simply a generated bot game - it's moderated based on the bot's Wacky setup.

But I guess the real question is - does it matter? If Tar's a jester, I think we should lynch him anyways. Let him have his win, and let's move on. We'll be able to focus a lot more on the game at hand without a jester in the town. If he's not a jester, and he wants to get lynched for some other reason, then let's do it. Either way, I consider his behavior very anti-town and disruptive.

Something concerns me more than this, though. I'm concerned about how many of you are getting pulled into this and totally distracted. Mass claiming? Do you realize that is the dumbest idea on the planet right now? Next thing you'll be suggesting we nolynch. It's ridiculous.
Phate wrote:We need a massclaim.

Trust me on this.
!vote Phate

In IRC, it's typical policy to not mass claim until LYLO. Sometimes we do it before when someone has a good reason, but on Day 1 with 18 alive and perhaps 4 scum? This is a completely free lynch, and Phate knows much better than asking town to trust that we need a mass claim in this situation. He's played a lot of IRC games, and is one of the highest-rated players.

Town, if you mass claim, you're only going to be telling scum where the power roles are. I would strongly suggest you stop right now before you give away too much information. If you're lying, then that's only going to look worse later on if you claim something different. Either way, I don't see the benefit to town at all at this point. If Phate's role or role-related information is so vital for town to know about, then he can just tell us. Or he can ask for the specific person in question to claim. We don't all need to claim just because Phate said to.
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

I think zwet is doing a very poor job of being town, and I don't like URoE's question about him being drunk or stupid. That makes me think that they're scum buddies.

I do agree with URoE though about Kevy and Tar as I'm not going to get caught up in accusing them of being scum for their fight. I've seen town-on-town fights early in games before, and this seems like it could be one of them. It's not to say that I'm convinced they are town, but there are better people to lynch.

I'm still up for lynching Phate. I think he's done an excellent job of posting, yet saying nothing. He's the expert on IRC, yet he wanted a nolynch. He took the time to write a post explaining IRC mafia to us, but didn't take the time to do any scumhunting.
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

We need to make sure that we don't push people to L-1 and lay off when they claim. This is no different than a very slow mass claim, and it's bad for town. Generally, the reason to ask someone to claim before you lynch them is so that you have their night results if they die town. We have URoE's night results, and there's nothing in his claim that should be reason for halting the lynch. His claim of a power role isn't enough because it's likely that a majority of town is composed of power roles in this setup.

Tajo and DGB both unvoted quickly in response to URoE's claim. For the reasons stated above, I consider this to be an anti-town move. DGB's situation is complicated because URoE did claim her results correctly. I don't think that's enough reason to unvote, but I can see where DGB might.

URoE basically asked for the L-1 vote so he could claim, as if he was anxious to do it. The problem is that his claim doesn't represent that he's anyone special that shouldn't be lynched. Now that he's claimed, I think we need to finish the lynch. Let's find out if he's scum.

!vote URoE

Tajo: Did you finish pondering about URoE's claim? What did you decide? Are you going to re-vote URoE or do you no longer think he has to die?
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

Mass claiming is bad for town. It gives scum the layout of the players and lets them know who to target. This game is loaded with power roles, so night is like one of those "Black Box" games. Kills and protects are flying around, they're getting redirected and copied, or not. This is a "wacky" setup, so there are lots of possibilities. The more scum knows about what roles exist, the more they can kill who they want and manipulate the town.

In IRC, it is very common to scumhunt and lynch based on pure scumhunting until LYLO, and then mass claim and try to break the game. Because of all the power roles, this works. I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but Phate knows it, and he's jerking us around. I think Phate should explain why he wants to mass claim.

!vote Phate

Kevy, Tanarin, and Phate are three of the most-experienced IRC players in our town. They have each played over 1,000 games. Do not underestimate any of these guys.

Before we get too many votes going here, I want to comment about claiming at L-1. If we're going to do that, I think it's important that the person getting lynched doesn't claim until at L-1 and
told to claim by someone not voting
. Make sure that the lynching vote is there before you claim, and don't do it if you don't have to.
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

Kevy, I can't really comment on if I think you're scum or not. My scumdar on you has never been reliable, and that was in IRC. This is the forum, and I feel like I'm getting the same unreliable reads. If you're scum, then you have an advantage over me on this one.
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Vir4030 »

Tajo, don't you think it's a little hypocritical to come back from a week of break asking the mod to prod the inactives? Your V/LA ended five days ago. As someone who takes the time every couple days to read the thread and put together some sort of thoughtful post, this rubs me the wrong way.

You listed six people that you don't have a clue what they think. Is this because they haven't posted much? Tubby has posted a lot and he was on your list. Do you still not know what he thinks?

You also did not list Phate as someone who you don't know what they think, although he has barely posted at all, except for calling for his mass claim. What does he think, from your opinion?

Shadow Knight and Tubby, I think you should lay off each other for a bit. Look at some other people. Your focusing is doing nothing to help the town, and is getting big enough to be quite a distraction. Nevermind each other -- who else do you think is scum and why?
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

I think the evidence of one mafia group with no other scum is pretty solid. About a week ago we had a conversation on IRC where I was told pretty definitely what Tanarin said above, that the Cult and SK use the same slot in the bot. We definitely *had* a cult in this setup, so that nixes that.

Additionally, with only one kill in each of two nights, it's hard to believe that we have more than one scumgroup. So we're looking at 3 or 4 scum in one group from my reckoning.
Tar wrote:I'm calling it now - there's a missing kill N1 and N2, there are two scum factions (either Mafia + SK or 2x Mafias), DGB is from one faction and tubby is from the other.

Either order works for me. We'll worry about larger threats when we're closer to endgame.
What do you mean "missing kill"? Like, it was blocked or protected or something? I find that hard to fathom. While there are a lot of power roles in this kind of setup, there are lots of them that can't actually prevent a kill. I think the odds on a kill being prevented with this many players on both nights is pretty slim.

What are these "larger threats"? That seems a very odd phrase. If indeed DGB and tubby are scum, what could be a larger threat than mafia?

Also, just to clarify, the two nights were n0 and n1. Since the first night takes place before the first day, it's called n0. Just to make sure so we're all on the same page.

[quote="KaleiÃ
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Vir4030 »

My father died yesterday. I spent a majority of the last week in the hospital with him. It never even crossed my mind to stop in and declare myself V/LA or anything. Please do not post condolences in the game thread.

I've only done a quick catch-up read, but I don't like DGB at all. Running people to L-1 and then having them claim and backing off is scummy. Tubby didn't even wait until L-1, instead claiming at L-2. That's also scummy. Do you guys want to just mass claim? Personally I think that's a bad idea and I felt that was the general town consensus. So I think this kind of backdoor mass claim is very anti-town.

My vote is still on Phate.
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #746 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

It's the newest rage, hasd, we run you up to a vote away from lynch, get you to claim, then DGB declares that you are town and she won't lynch a power role.
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #834 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm not hinting, I'm just talking in code to roflcopter. He's the only one that really understands me. We're on the same wavelenght. His posts are short but that's only because his mind works too fast for anyone to catch a glimpse of it but me.
How do you know roflcopter is town?
DrippingGoofball wrote:I thought the biggest slam dunk case against me is that I participated in the run up of players to claiming, then when they claimed something believably townie, I backed off from lynching them. I'm getting flak for it, but I don't care, because I'm right.
Could you give me an example of a claim that wouldn't be believably townie?

Fakevote: DGB
for the final vote.
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #875 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:41 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

DGB, could you give me an example of a claim that wouldn't be believably townie?
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #876 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

DGB, could you give me an example of a claim that wouldn't be believably townie?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”