Mafiascum Film Group: thestatusquo

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I rather liked "Bonfire of the Vanities", "Fight Club", "Shawhank Redeption"

And "Identity" is a very good suspense horror film.

Suspense Horrors focus on fear and plot while Gore Horrors focus mostly on the violence, blood, and dumb victims

And this thread wouldn't be complete with out mentioning the "Godfather" movies and "Good Fellas"
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #81 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by PokerFace »

What exactly do I have to do when my turn comes? I seen parts of the original slueth and saw almost all of royal Tenebaums last time it was on Comedy Centrel. Not sure which movie I'll suggest later sine there are 2 I really like that I think should get more exposure.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #104 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Thanx for the pm simenon. Sorry I ain't be following along as well as I should have. There are 3 films that I like that have been arround for awhile and need more exposure. Do I need to get in line more than once? Can I say them all at once or can I only ever do one. If I can only pick 1 I think I know what I'll pick and let you know in my next post.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #107 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well if you look at my earlier post in thread I suggest 2 of the three there ("Identity" and "Bonfire of the Vanities") those 2 are reall good. But the one I don't suggest there that should be for the film group is something I saw more recently then both of those. Its a movie about a very well calculated bank robbery.

"Inside Man"
http://www.moviefone.com/movie/inside-m ... psis?flv=1
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #109 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

You're still next after me, I think Shea. Checked the first post. Doesn't looklike you are being skipped.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #121 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I like some of his stuff but not all of it.

I also liked "Inside Man's" side plot involved with nazi stuff. Gave me almost noble impression of the bank robberies since they didn't do it just for cash. There were good jokes, alot of action, a good smart scheme crime, and an interesting side/back story. Nothing I didn't like in the film. I believe all of us here likes it when a good plan comes together with their team. We all like fooling the town somtimes
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #123 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

Interesting side/back story was my poor way of describing how they/you found out about the nazi stuff and that bad guys ties too it. And how that did end up be3ing part of their heist.

I get what you guys are saying. It wasn't necessary. Bad guys who just steal things do captivate audiances. And yes that aspect of their plan was more awesome and the more greater appeal. I did enjoy the robbery more. I just have no qualms against the nazi stuff and felt it was a nice touch.

When you eat a cake what's your favorite part? Mine is the ice cream if that's there or the actual chocolate dough or filling. Frosting is not something I really need on a cake I can usually take it off. If involving the heist of the nazi stuff was the frosting I wouldn't of taken it off. I enjoyed it all with the rest of the cake. Only frosting I ever find edible is the kind that is also ice cream or just chocolate icing
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #128 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

Where's Kison when you need him to photoshop in a good chocalte, ice cream, or cheese cake with sexy glass...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

I still think its an awesome film with or without that part.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Awesome choice right there
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #175 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

I caught this film awhile ago. Great Acting, I like how the plot flowed and successful showed
how the man became racist, went to prison (curb check was sick good violence), Expeirenced prison and its hardships where his only friend through it all was the black guy he cleaned the laundry with which helps cure his racism. Then the guy gets out of Jail, all the while his younger brother had fowlloed in these bigot tendencies. He has to take a very unique "history" course for his bad grades and his bro has to set him straight. Yet with everything people go through there are still troubles. The younger bro is shot by a black kid he previously stood up to/against. Its a rough life. There are good and bad people of all cultures and you can't change everbody. But you still have to try.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #184 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rofl has good in game and out game knowledge. Except this time I hope his oppinion of it not changing in the next 50-60 plus years is wrong.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #190 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

<<Not taking over thread
Whoever does take over the thread should prod FlameAxe then.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #230 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

I would like to interrupt this thread as it has become rather silly!
Nothing wrong with being silly. :)

I'm too busy to organize this thing by myself so I say somebody makes a new thread with a link to this one and starts signups for it.

Return to “General Discussion”