The Return: Rumble - Round 4, mod needs to write scene moar.

Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

The Return: Rumble - Round 4, mod needs to write scene moar.

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:32 am

Post by Wizardcat »

The Return

They have arrived.

It is just as I suspected; it has finally happened. Quite frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't occurred sooner than now. Our efforts, while valiant and tireless, just aren't enough for something of this magnitude. We prepared for this day, even though we knew it unlikely we would see the next. Not all is lost, however; I have made a wondrous discovery. It may be the very thing that will ensure our success. I haven't the time to say much, but rest assured I have already taken the necessary steps.

The bell rang. Finally! Swinging your backpack over your shoulder, you hurry out of the door to vacate the building. Falling drops of water greet you as you make your escape from hell. Dark clouds cover the sky, as in the last several days. It seemed like winter was coming to an end, giving way to early April showers. Umbrellas serve as shields as the students quickly sought shelter from the deluge, you included. It's only a few minutes until you reach home, surprisingly dry. Dumping the excess weight, you move inside, moving to your usual routine. Something caught your eye.

What was this...? It was a letter, addressed to you from a name you didn't recognize. Some Professor, apparently. Curious, you quickly tore the envelope open and exposed two sheets of paper. Removing the first and looking at it revealed it to be a list of names in alphabetical order. Your name is included, you notice. Why is that? Who are these other people? You don't recognize any of the other names. One bout of explanation seeking later and a second dive into the ripped envelope gives you your answer.

Apparently, you sent in some kind of application and it was handpicked by the same person who sent the letter in the first place. The text describes an event that you are to attend, calling it a 'once in a lifetime opportunity'. The application itself is included at the bottom. You look at it, entirely unfamiliar to you. It's odd, though. You swear you would have given the exact same answers.

You marveled over the document in your hands. You couldn't even recall even the slightest sign that you had ever filled this out and the supposedly famous person that handpicked you was a complete blank to your mind. Despite what your brain told you couldn't possibly be, it couldn't possibly not be, either. Your eyes scanned the list of questions and the answers given once again, more carefully this time. This was either the biggest coincidence ever, or you had written this yourself; these were the only solutions you could think of.

Still puzzled, you memorized the date. Like hell you were going to miss this!

The List:

Takin Aikoro
Ilya Aomori
Lynn Bishop
Fredrico Callahan
Red Carlisle
Eric Corvo
Macha de Dannan
Celia Derrin
Amelia Eagle
Bob Kadiddle
Steak Kirby
Nephenee Kiriyama
Durran Lucarost
Keiichiro Nagashima
Naryx Ravenhart
Kyriake Sige
Reginald Sock
Hans Vitali

The Lost:

No one.

The Late:

Liz Starreveld
Last edited by Wizardcat on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:12 am, edited 27 times in total.
[align=center][color=purple][i]"The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats."[/i][/color][/align]
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:32 am

Post by Wizardcat »

Game Rules

01: This is a game. Having fun is a requirement.
02: I am never wrong. Unless, of course, reality has warped, making me wrong. Please point this out to me so that I may kick reality’s ass.
03: Currently, there is no out-of-thread communication. Contact me if you need to talk to someone and I’ll try to whip something up. This rule is subject to change.
04: If you have any questions, ask them. You can send me a PM, or ask in-thread.

Sign-Ups

To sign up, you must complete and submit the following application to me via PM. I will look over it and add your name to the list.

The Application Name: (Last, First)
Birthday: (MM/DD)

1. What is your favorite color? Why?

2. What is your favorite animal? Why?

3. What is your least favorite thing? Why?

4. What do you want more than anything else in the world?

5. What is most important to you?

6. What is your greatest fear?

7. Choose one: Red, Blue, Green, White, or Black

8. Choose another one: Red, Blue, Green, White, or Black

9. Remove one: Red, Blue, Green, White or Black

10. Subsilver, mafSepia, or mafTigers?

Game Details

The mechanics of this game will be very similar to Natural Selection and Kingdom Keepers. The game will progress in story/narrative form. Battles will function like a Rumble game and your position within each will be a direct result of your submitted actions. Like NS and KK, your answers to the submitted application, as well as PMs to follow, will determine your initial abilities, which will change based on actions within the game.

Depending on the current situation within the plot, all players may be taking part in a single Rumble, and then at times the group may be divided into two or more Rumbles. This will change as the plot advances. Each player will be in one, and only one of them. Each player will receive a PM detailing any powers they have for that Rumble as well as the appropriate flavor to explain the battle. Each Rumble will have its own thread, which will be locked. Those threads will only be posted in by me. I will post the results of each round, and you will submit your actions to me by PM. Player names will never be revealed, only character names. As always, in-thread posting is allowed in the main thread (this one).

Major credit goes out to both kloud1516 and Cybele.
[align=center][color=purple][i]"The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats."[/i][/color][/align]
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

If you'd like to, you can send in descriptions of your characters. Physical characteristics and the such, even into personality if you like. It would be helpful for flavor and also gives me more PMs to make my database from.
animorpherv1 wrote:BTW, I commemerate Wiz for findding a way to have:

The L_ _ _ in every single List
I try.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

Pre-Game will be starting soon. Soon is being defined as 'Whenever I actually get to typing the damn things up'. Sign-ups are still welcome and will be accepted until the game itself starts.

Also: As players, one of your duties is to amuse the Mod. You have succeeded thus far.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Wizardcat »

I'm incredibly sorry for the wait.

I was almost done with all of them when the computer decided to restart itself. Working on re-making them now... I hope you'll forgive me if they're not up to kloud levels of awesome from the hurry.

Sign-ups are still open, though. =>_>=
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

I have finally sent out all the initial Pre-Game PMs. My apologies for the wait; I will try to send replies as quickly as possible.

Feel free to talk in the meantime. I could do with some amusement. :)
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:13 am

Post by Wizardcat »

Goddamnit. People have obviously been breaking Rule 3 like it isn't even there, but now actual PM quoting? Sorry, putting a stop to it.

Also, some of you are revealing way too much than is good for your life span in this game. =^_^=

All first wave responses went out yesterday. I'll be sending more as I get the group's. For those that this applies to, anyway.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Wizardcat »

To answer recieved questions:

No, (most of) you currently do not have powers.

Yes, if you have tables with names and Energy values, then you send in orders.

No, (most of) you cannot speak with the other combatants.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Wizardcat »

Cybele wrote:
Wizardcat wrote:No, (most of) you cannot speak with the other combatants.
Is coordinating an attack in-thread okay?
Of course.

Thanks, by the way, for above hitherto unseen happy birthday wishing.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

Takin Aikoro

Red Carlisle

Macha de Dannan

Amelia Eagle

Durran Lucarost

Kyriake Sige

Actions or Lurker Stick.
Last edited by Wizardcat on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Wizardcat »

http://www.khextreme.co.uk/site/avatars.php

Anywho, all actions are allocated. Proceeding PM production...
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

Ugh. I'm officially sick. PMs are still coming, just more slowly. *braces for inevitible 'They can be sent out
more
slowly?!' comment*

I think... 8/18 have been sent?
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Wizardcat »

...Aaaaaaaand done with this wave. Finally! Hopefully they're not as horrible as I think they were, and I get to look forward to the next batch of PMs. Woohoo!
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

Takin Aikoro

Red Carlisle
Durran Lucarost

Kyriake Sige

This is the current list of people who suck. Also known as the ones who are holding up the game. Go go mob justice!
Last edited by Wizardcat on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Wizardcat »

Something has just occured to me. I won't need the last set of actions; working on PMs now!
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Wizardcat »

Okay, I'll be trying to get this going on/by the weekend. *discretely moves 'The Dummies' Guide to Necromancy' out of sight*

While not back to full access, my situation is a lot better than expected. We'll see if it's enough. Here's hoping, anyway.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Wizardcat »

The Beginning, Continued

With a gasp, you awoke from your slumber. What...? Where...? Weren't you just...? You flailed in your panic as your surroundings seemed entirely dark, wrestling with whatever it was that pulled at your limbs. You found an edge of the material before throwing it off of yourself, freezing when you realized it was merely a blanket. You looked around, recognizing the dim outlines of your room. How? A quick glance at the clock upon the bed stand revealed the time to be 2:00 in the morning. Springing from the bed, you realized how exhausted you felt. It wasn't that you were tired; you were wide awake from the shock of it all. Your limbs felt as if they've been performing exactly what your dream had entailed. Had it been just a dream, though?

Your mind quickly rejected the notion. Something that vivid and realistic... Never before had you such a dream. You recalled the sensations, remembering how you'd felt everything in such detail, from the scents in the air to the textile sensations of everything your hands had touched. Pondering the oddity, you started pacing. It was only then that you noticed the places you had sustained an injury during the 'dream' pained you. However, despite a thorough inspection of the affected areas, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Annoyed now and increasingly restless, nothing seemed to make sense. Perhaps fresh air would help? The window was just over there, over all.

When it opened, an impossible sight was revealed.

The entire sky was a deep crimson color. The stars shone a red light instead of the familiar color they once did. Looking like blood in vapor form, clouds idly drifted pass as you gazed upon the unearthly scene. A full moon, looking fairly like the planet Mars, hung in the sky like a lantern heralding the overnight changes. The wind rippled the surroundings, drawing your attention to them. Aside from the ruby-colored illumination, everything on the ground retained its normal appearance. Buildings, trees, roads and everything else visible to you were still identical to the ones in your memory. That, at least, was comforting. Unconsciously recoiling from the window, you stumbled on something in the darkness of the room. Your eyes now averted from the outside, you noisily gulped a large amount of air. Apparently you had been holding your breath without realizing it.

You hastily tore from the room, anything to avoid looking at the now-hidden image. You didn't look where you were going and, quite frankly, you didn't really care at this point. This was wrong. How was something like this possible? You really didn't need something like this, especially after the 'dream'. Wait. Were they connected somehow, the dream and the sky? You couldn't really see how, but it was a potent possibility. The two strange events occurring at the same time on the same day would be an extraordinary coincidence if they weren't. Did they mean something? Probably, but you hadn't an idea as to what.

The minutes slowly ticked themselves away as you sat in worried silence, too on edge to go back to sleep. You watched as the digits counted up to 59 before resetting back to 00, marking yet another hour as having passed. They passed by with excruciating slowness from your perspective, yet you were too nervous to do anything more than idly flip a few pages of a book to ease the monotony. Eventually throwing it aside from sheer irritation as to the sound produced by the action, you stood. You took a deep breath, summoning all the courage possible. The window was still open, a portal to hell. Slowly, but with eyes firmly closed, you moved forwards. When you felt the windowsill beneath your sweating fingers, you did the impossible and looked out once more.

Shafts of sunlight seared your eyes, forcing you to raise an arm as a shield against the painful illumination. Eventually, your eyes had adjusted enough to withstand the invading rays, and you looked up. Relief immediately filled you. The sky had reverted back to its blue color and the sun's punctual appearance helped wash away misgivings and anxiety. Seeds of doubt remained, but for now, you had survived. You hoped the night's events was something you only experienced once in a lifetime. ...Oh, you just remembered! Today's the date mentioned in that letter you received!

Unknown to you, it would be something you would remember to the end of your life.

You arrived at a magnificent mansion later the same day, courtesy of a jet completely paid for by the mysterious Professor R. Katt who had sent the letter. The massive front doors opened seemingly of their own accord, revealing the entrance hall. The inside was as marvelous as the outside and full of other people about your age. They were all enjoying themselves talking and moving around the burdened buffet tables. That wasn't what drew your attention, though. At the very end of the hall was a great crystal that reached the ceiling, emitting beams of light that were every possible color that one could consider. Even black and grey were found amongst the other colors, which you found odd. A decent number of the other guests had crowded around it, marveling at the spectacle. A tall man wearing a black jacket and matching hat stood on the platform in front of the giant gem. He held a microphone, but stood motionless, waiting for the rest of the guests, you supposed. It was only ten minutes later that the microphone sent the man's voice throughout the room, halting all conversation.

"Ladies and gentlemen,"
he began.
"I promised a 'once-in-a-lifetime event' and you'll get it. If you'll kindly redirect your attention to the crystal behind me..."
He never did get to finish that sentence.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Wizardcat »

As a few of you noticed, the Rumble has been posted: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10901

Actions, please. To answer a question, yes, as of this round you currently do not have any powers. This will be remedied soon.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

The Last:

Fredrico Callahan

Red Carlisle
Amelia Eagle

Durran Lucarost

Naryx Ravenhart

Liz Starreveld
Hans Vitali
Last edited by Wizardcat on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

I posted, as some of you have noticed. The three not strikethrough'd in the list above were idle and set to half auto-Defense. This will only happen a set number of times per player, finally ending in Modkill.

First powers go out after recieving all of the PMs.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

Powers are now being sent out. I may not be able to get all sent by the end of tonight, however.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

They are
finally
done! Game'll be getting on track very soon.

I am so sorry for the wait.

I kinda forgot what some of the powers did, 'cause I only kept the power names in my Excel. =>_>=
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #22) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

New stats are up, I've temporarially omitted the flavor.

Round 2 is now, send in actions.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Wizardcat »

Done waiting on actions.
Last edited by Wizardcat on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:10 am

Post by Wizardcat »

I'm now starting on the scene. If yours actions aren't in by the time I'm done...?

Needless to say, there will be blood.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #25) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Wizardcat »

I've accepted all normal actions that I will. I waited longer than I should've.

Waiting on a person with a special Power.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #26) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Wizardcat »

Don't need to; the scene cometh!
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #27) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Wizardcat »

animorpherv1 wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:Guys some of you need to check your energy, some got hit and are now down to 45...even thirty.....Hitting F w/ 40 defending w/ rest.
but, on the first one,everyone started at 40. I'm confused, how'd that happen? I'm probably going to Attack D 20, defend with rest.
Everyone got an extra twenty Energy upon recieving their Power. For most people, this meant 60, but Bob and Kyriake had 45 and 30, respectively.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #28) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Wizardcat »

kloud1516 wrote:
Korts wrote:
Hybris wrote:
Korts wrote:My power is badass.

I am finishing E off. (twenty on attacking it,
twenty on Cerberus,
twenty to defend)
No. No. Bad. Very, very bad. Nobody attack Cerb this turn, I mean
nobody
too late
I don't think so. I'm not sure if Wiz has this rule, so I should probably check, but
actions usually aren't final until the last person has submitted
This is true. Just try not to change them every 5 minutes.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #29) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Wizardcat »

A_Squirrel wrote:Oh hey...Im currently afraid.

So since others may be wondering,

Wizcat, if we're affected by the fear status, can we shake it off and use the remaining energy to attack in the same round? Or do we spend an entire round getting ourselves together?
Note to Self: Include statuses in Excel.

The removal of the Fear status occurs at the end of the round once the action to remove it has resolved. Attacking is not possible until the round after removal.

Sorry.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Wizardcat »

While I have been receiving actions at a startling rate, I'm still going to put up the list. It's a good way to encourage getting actions in. Behold the names upon it and the dishonor they have incurred upon themselves!

Takin Aikoro, Fredrico Callahan, Macha de Dannan, Steak Kirby, Kyriake Sige
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

My fault, past couple of days I've had absolutely no creativity.

I'm going to just put up the table and put in the flavor when I can, as I did manage to calculate the results. Feel free to discuss/speculate/complain/et cetera.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

A_Squirrel wrote:-.-

someone hit cerbie.
The Energy lost was a direct result of the Burn statuses, the Poison statuses, and Beast's Fang.

Speaking of which, the list of powers has been updated.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #33) » Sat May 09, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Wizardcat »

The scene is finally done!

I'll now start doing stuff for the next round, such as actually reading your actions. Will edit this post with all those who haven't sent me anything, yet.

Edit: A lot more than I expected:
Nephenee
Keiichiro
Hans
Reginald
, Steak,
Durran
Red
, Kyriake,
Naryx
, and
Lynn
Last edited by Wizardcat on Tue May 12, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #34) » Tue May 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

I think I found a suitable battle music for this Rumble: This!

Also, bump for the last two people to send actions.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #35) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

Steak Kirby and Kyriake Sige still haven't sent in actions. Skip'd.

Eric, it's your turn.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #36) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Wizardcat »

Korts wrote:bump, bump against the dying of the thread
I have been working on it, but this week and next are finals for me.
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #37) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Wizardcat »

...Aaaaaaand finals are done. Cue scene writage!

Return to “Social Game Archive”