Unbalanced mafia games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Would you consider playing in a mafia game that was unbalanced but was not wieghted in either scum or towns direction?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:08 am

Yes
42%
No
16%
Depends on theme
42%

Total votes: 31

roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Unbalanced mafia games

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:08 am

Post by roffman »

I'm currently creating a themed mafia game where, do to it's nature, balance is nearly impossible to achieve. This is not to say the game is wieghted to scum or town, merely that a sequence of choices could resut in day 2/3 endgaming and the game is more about experimenting a new design area and scum hunting than powerroles.

I'm just wondering a few things about the viability of running this game, namely whether it will get enough interest to even bother to post in the queue. The game won't be ready for running for probably a few weeks, but if people are even vaguely interested and would consider playing in it, could you just vote yes here just so I can gauge whether or not it will work, or whether or not to run it as a mini or a normal.

On a related issue, if I do start the game, should I post it in the theme queues and state it is not balanced, or should I start a seperate sign up area for it? Any information regarding this would be appreciated.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:44 am

Post by roffman »

Ok then, it's a very swingy game. Is there an accepted etiquette for running one of those?
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:30 am

Post by roffman »

Been in transit for a couple of days and want to clarify some things. The game i'm planning scales to as many players as you need, the main thing i was concerned about is stacking of power roles night actions. For example, in a 12 person setup, it is possible for scum to get 4 kills in night one, and 4 other random people dieing. This would only occur if 10 of the 11 people made a mis-target, including the scum, so i considered it highly unlikely.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1

Return to “Mafia Discussion”