Mini 732: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Mafia (Game Over!)

Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Megatheory »

confirm
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Vote Porochaz
because I want
two
OMGUS votes, not just one!
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Megatheory »

RAR! ME NO LIKE SELF VOTING! DIE STUPID SELF VOTING PERSON!
unvote Vote Gorrad
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Megatheory »

You're right.
Unvote Vote Gorrad
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Megatheory »

Unvote
I went with a random vote because that's what I've always done to kick off a mafia game. I've never played a smalltown game before, and since I didn't know what the standard procedure was, I just did what was natural.

I did not target anyone last night. I do not believe in vig killing on the first night. (I have toyed with a night zero kill list in the past, but this isn't exactly relevant because no one who would be on that list is in this game anyway.)
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Tonymontana put Danchaofan up for popcorn, so I'm fine with Dan going next.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Gorrad wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Megatheory
. I think I see what Fhwgwgads is getting at.
I don't know what you two are getting at. I voted Gorrad as a joke because I'm in another game with Plum and Danchaofan where... well, that game is ongoing, so I don't want to comment on it further. But both of them should have gotten the joke.
LINK REMOVED

I thought unvoting and then voting the same person for a different reason was funny, so I did that. Random votes are fun 'n' all that.

If you two want to cut us in on whatever you're talking about, I'd love to hear it.

Please, please, please. NEVER discuss (and especially never LINK to) ongoing games. The next person to do this will be modkilled without question or further warning.
--Glork
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Megatheory »

I'm not entirely sure what I think about the dan/Rishi situation. FL's choice seems to confirm dan, but that's assuming that Rishi and FL are telling the truth. (It's also making me think that I'm going to hate smalltown games.)
Master Ruck wrote:I didn't commute. I didn't see much point as, really, I'd only be protecting myself from being killed so I took the chance and if I did die, then I'd just be really unlucky.
Is announcing your choice in the thread the best idea? Telling scum when they have the maximum chance of killing you isn't the most protown strategy. (I mean for future nights, of course. I'd rather play WIFOM games with the scum if I had your role.)
hasdgfas wrote: no-killed N1
No killing does limit my liability if I am scum, but it also had a 2/3 chance of killing a town player. I'd rather be under suspicion in this scenario.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Megatheory »

hasdgfas wrote:
Megatheory wrote:
hasdgfas wrote: no-killed N1
No killing does limit my liability if I am scum, but it also had a 2/3 chance of killing a town player. I'd rather be under suspicion in this scenario.
sure, but that's almost the exact same argument as used for No Lynching in Newbie games. Why shouldn't we maximize the amount of town-aligned kills if we have the chance?
There is a massive difference between a lynch and a nightkill. For scum to lynch a townie, they have to either build a case against a player or vote for someone that is already suspected by the town. In either case, the scum have to put themselves at risk to get the lynch they want. The town benefits from having a lynch every day (barring some scenarios where no-lynching improves the odds for town) because you can analyze the players who voted for the lynchee. You might lose a townie, but you gain a useful benefit in return. No such benefit can be gained from a night one vig kill.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Megatheory »

hasdgfas wrote: should we be directing the vig's kills?
Yes, you should. When we get closer to the end of the day, I'll start taking a straw poll on who the town wants me to kill.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Rishi wrote: I don't think we should direct vig kills either.
Why? The collective judgment of a whole town is much better than a lone vig. I suppose this would reduce the effectiveness of scum protective roles.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Gorrad wrote:N1, we shouldn't direct the vig. Not yet. Later, we'll see.
I don't get it, but okay.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Vote Porochaz
Porochaz is a doublevoter. If he made the kill last night, his power is not working today. Unless Glork screwed up the last two vote counts. So...

Glork
are the last two vote counts correct?
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Danchaofan wrote:o wow, that would be an easy catch for scum then. If MT's theory isn't right (as it wasn't mentioned in the role pm and would be really mean for our mod to do to our scum (not that I care about our scum or anything)), then who would you all propose be lynched?
It would border on bastard modery if nighkills shut off day powers, but I think it's worth a shot for now.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Unvote
It was worth a shot. At the very least, someone could have blinked and said something telling, but I didn't see anything. Moving on...

Vote TonyMontana
Tony sending in the kill and then being jailkept is the best theory going so far. The scum would almost certainly have one of their non-nightchoice buddies send in the kill. I don't see anything to indicate who would have tried to nightkill someone who was protected, or that someone is lying.

Danchaofan has suggested pursuing this theory, Malyss has speculated on it, and I know others have thought about it. What are you waiting for? Do you need permission first?
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Megatheory »

Malyss wrote:
hasdgfas wrote: What is your rush? What do you think about the other possible theory that I brought up in post 124?
There has been little if any actual scumhunting so far. Theories have been thrown out without anyone really pursuing them much. I'm getting more aggressive so the theory talk can be supplemented by actually playing Mafia.

And which theory are you asking me about? There are several in that post.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Megatheory »

Awww, damnit. Why didn't I preview? I was quoting Malyss.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Malyss wrote:I find it interesting that hasdgfas would bodyguard a player based solely on the player being more experienced and not apply his ability to protecting a player with a more helpful night action such as the doctor or the jail keeper?

Perhaps hasdgfas and Porochaz could be two of the scum players? There could be some logic to having Porochaz make the scum night choice while hasdgfas bodyguards him to protect Porochaz from potentially being offed by the serial killer or the vigilante.

I'm still learning some of the intricacies of the game and this may be a stupid question. Theoretically speaking, if the scum player who is sending in the scum team's kill action to the mod is killed during the night, would the scum team's kill still go through?
Using a power on a player based on their experience is just as valid as using a power based on a player's role, especially in a game where (almost) everyone has a powerrole and any of those roles could be anit-town. Nothing suspicious about that.

Now, if hasdgfas and Porochaz were scum together, they don't gain anything if one bodygaurds the other. If one scum is targeted, you still wind up with a dead scum. In fact, a scum bodyguard should not use his power at all. If they were scum together, it would be very risky to claim one protected the other as that would be evidence for a link between them.

So I don't think either of them is scum unless hasdgfas is lying.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Megatheory »

TonyMontana wrote:I was making blatantly obvious satire of porochaz.
This does not mean what you said is not a scum slip.
TonyMontana wrote:I think the fact that I'm not mentally disabled should imply that I was not speaking for myself.
As far as I know, being intelligent does not make one immune to slipping on occasion.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Megatheory »

TonyMontana wrote: I know what a scumslip is. :roll:
So why would you admit to making them if you were town? Using the word "scumslip" in the manner you did suggests that you are scum because it is literally impossible for a townie to make that kind of mistake.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Megatheory »

I just completed a reread. I'm pretty sure Tony Montana is the lynch today, but I want to look at other things so I have some idea of who to kill tonight and to give us a leg up for tomorrow.

When Danchaofan was deciding on who to use his power on last night, he chose randomly out of a list of people without a night action. He listed Plum, Porochaz, and Tony Montana as his candidates. He left out Gorrad, who also had no night action last night. This was probably a simple mistake, but its worth noting.

Something interesting: hasdgfas voted me for not killing night 0. I explained my reasoning (high likelyhood of killing a townie with no info), which he seems to disagree wtih. Yet, he bodyguarded Porochaz, a player of unknown alignment. As Plum pointed out:
Plum wrote:Nothing. Howerver, on a slightly different note, unless I recall incorrectly, you have the choice to
not
take the bullet for someone N0. Hypothesize that you're town. You know Porochaz is a pretty good player and someone you'd want to have around, assuming he's a Townie. From your perspective, he has a %73 or so chance of being Town, however, while you know you're %100 likely to be Town. You only have an effect if Porochaz is targeted to be killed. You are, in that situation, sacrificing a %100 certain Townie for someone with a lower chance at actually being Town N0 (albeit a player who's a useful Townie), when you have no info beyond the above. Maybe a bad choice.
What makes no-killing suspicious while essentially random bodyguarding okay? hasdfas protected Porochaz because of his experience, but is there any deeper reasoning than that?

FoS FuzzyLightning
Fuzzy has posted nothing of substance outside of his action last night and roletheory. Granted, we've only had one serious wagon so far, but staying under the radar is a common scum strategy and that's definitely what I see him doing.

I get the same impression from Master Ruck, but to a much lesser extend. I don't have a good read on him ATM, so we'll see.

FoS Malyss
She posts lots and lots of theory (and sometimes the same theories multiple times), but there is a distinct lack of action in her play. Her latest post says she is still considering Tony, saying the argument over satire is "muddying the waters." Sorry, I don't buy it. By the time she posted that, I would expect everyone to have a clear opinion on Tony's slip.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by Megatheory »

fuzzylightning wrote:Hey everyone, I apologize for not posting much, my computer has been down, so I only have limited access. I am not trying to stay under the radar, it is just a product of my circumstances. I will be posting as much as I can though.
You might be having computer problems now, but that does not excuse your history in this game. You have posted no real content. I suggest you find a way to do so.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”