The "I hate being scumread for this" thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:46 am

Post by kuribo »

I always hated being scumread for not being mean enough and for "asking too many questions." I always hated the early game anyway, so the questions phase was me trying to wade into the waters and find someone to tunnel on. The real catch is that some people will also scumread you for being angry and say you're "faking emotion." This never happens and would have zero scum equity because people haven't read anger as town in over a decade.

Also always hated, hated, hated being scumread for "lurking" if I wasn't posting fifty times a day. I work 60-70 hours a week, leave me the hell alone, I'll post when I post.

Oh, and some people scumread you if you mention your personal life, thinking you're trying to get "sympathy." This isn't a thing, and actually infuriates me. I've been on this site for nearly SEVENTEEN years. I'm closer to some people in this community than I am to my own family. Mentioning your personal life isn't a scumtell, nor is it an "excuse to not post." Sometimes the poster's mom just happens to be on her deathbed and the poster has more important things on their mind than spending twenty minutes telling you how ashamed your ancestors must be and would you kindly go eat a sack full of bees.

God I'm glad I don't play anymore. Just typing that up brought back memories that pissed me off lol.
Last edited by kuribo on Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:47 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 36, Doctor Drew wrote: It's almost like I am a human who isn't exactly the same every game

what about that time I scumread you because I was townreading you?

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:25 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 42, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 41, StraightFlush wrote: Explicitly saying you're not 100% sure about a read or opinion on someone. Qualifying your thoughts somehow doesn't always have to be "hedgy", very often it's just good practice that will avoid bigger misunderstandings later.
Nah if you can’t fully commit to your read and be completely sure of yourself, you’re scum lol
Yeah I always avoided that by picking a scumread and then screaming at them until they were dead... even if I was starting to doubt my read. If you couldn't talk me out of my tunnel, you were scum. If you tried to talk me out of my tunnel, you were flailing scum. If you didn't try to talk me out of my tunnel, you were resigned scum. If you somehow managed to talk me out of my tunnel, you were manipulative scum.

If that didn't help, there was always the whiteboard and the cough syrup
Last edited by kuribo on Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:27 pm

Post by kuribo »

The above post is slightly tongue in cheek btw

Return to “Mafia Discussion”