Scummies Nominations 2024!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:48 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Ego

I may already have some nominations in mind.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:17 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 4608, fferyllt wrote: Is there still a Post of the Year Scummies category?

I don't care if it's two posts. 4599-4600 should be a nominee.
Bloop
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:41 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Post of the Year
2024/01/29
DragonEater70 lucca261
I mean, read the post. It's just the most well crafted post I have read so far in 2024. Creative, funny, makes an actually solid point, and beautifully formatted on top! The fact that three separate people in that game / spec chat were totally awed by that post really sells it for me.
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:50 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Kodak Moment
2024/01/29
DragonEater70 Hu Tao, Guillotina, Roden (honorary mentions: Enchant, Broccoli Quest 2) Large Normal 246: The Complex
In this game, no less than FIVE different players fake claimed Doctor:

Hu Tao
, a Vanilla Townie, was run up to E-1 on Day, and after having explicitly claimed VT earlier, decided to fakeclaim Doctor to live another day (which resulted in her being cleared later on and being pivotal in eliminating scum).

Additionally,
Guillotina
crumbed doctor which was spotted by two town players.

On Day 2,
Roden
(a Mafia PR) was also being run up, and fake claimed Doctor.
Broccoli Quest 2
, a Vanilla Townie who had seen Guillotina's breadcrumbs, decided to fake CC Roden, believing that Guillotina was the real Doctor and that he was covering for him.

Shortly afterwards,
Guillotina
, a mafia Doctor, fakeclaimed Doctor with fake modifiers, and CC'd his own partner Roden, voting him.

At around the same time,
Enchant
(VT) replaced in and ALSO decided to fakeclaim Doctor in order to be NK'd in Guillotina's place!
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:58 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I am also planning to make a nomination in February!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 17, DragonEater70 wrote: I am also planning to make a nomination in February!
Oh look, here's the nomination (I felt so evil saying this while the game was still ongoing, lol):

Goodfellas
2024/02/14
DragonEater70 usesPython, Black, Save The Dragons Open 902: Frienemies Blitz
This was an extremely impressive scum win, where the scum team played perfectly and with impressive cooperation. While at a glance it might seem that this was not a "perfect" scum win because usesPython was eliminated Day 1, this does not detract from their play at all. The scumteam was townread by virtually everyone for most of Day 1, and the only reason usesPython was limmed at all is due to extremely unlucky and unpredictable (by the scum) circumstances, namely focusing their efforts on mislimming a Mason, and also one of the only two people scumreading Python around the middle of Day 1 being a Mason who convinced his buddies to vote with him, and the other being extremely tunneled (resulting in 4 unmovable votes on the wagon and in the counterwagon being impossible to push through due to being on a mason).
However, this scum team did not let this setback be a setback at all, and instead used it to their advantage in a brilliant move, where usesPython "desperately tried" to counterwagon Black in order to "save themselves". The result was that both Black and Save The Dragons were virtually cleared by VCA.
Of course, Black and StD did not just sit back on that towncred. They executed some of the smoothest distancing I have ever seen by scum, so that when Black eventually came under fire in the day before ELo, it was impossible to identify Save The Dragons as her partner. Combined with his masterful performance of a tunneled town mindset, he was able to defend her smoothly and without looking partnered at all, and they managed to force through an elimination on the only person who at that point was seriously pushing either of them.
As an additional note, the scum showed excellent mason-hunting skills and pinpointed the entire masonry by early Day 2.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:13 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

This post is a reminder for myself to post a Prism nom. Someone please pinch me really hard or ping me on discord or quote me 5 times in a row if I don't do it by Sunday or something.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:18 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I would like to nominate fireisredsir and hellbooks for best scum PT. So first of all why is there no award for this, and second of all what would happen if I try to nominate the entire PT under post of the year award?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:19 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 24, Gypyx wrote:
In post 22, DragonEater70 wrote: This post is a reminder for myself to post a Prism nom. Someone please pinch me really hard or ping me on discord or quote me 5 times in a row if I don't do it by Sunday or something.
get pinched
Ouch that hurt!

Okay I promise I'll do my write-up on Prism's game THIS Sunday.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:45 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

You did in fact format it correctly.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:52 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 23, Gypyx wrote: -
Paperback Writer
2024/02/17
by Gypyx to Prism for
When one thinks of flavor, especially award-worthy flavor, it is very easy to picture yourself an immersive Theme game with tons of developpement and a concept baked into every little detail that it has, Open 899 was a story about a private joke between prism and implosion with basically no planning to how it was gonna end at the end of it all

and yet, with that little, i think it acheives just as much if not more thanks to Prism pushing the idea to it's full extent without holding back on the ever-rising wackiness of the plot, it got me spectating and rooting for the scumteam just on the grounds that they were the good guys in flavor, i think this serves as proof that any game can be improved massivly by the right kind of spin to it and i'll definetly think about that game if i ever stumble upon a chuck e chesse
PRISM NOM ADDITIONVery late, but I wanted to add that this game's flavor was incredibly fun, so much so that I actually enjoyed making the wrong choices on Day 1 just because I got to read the flavor detailing it in funny yet dramatic and gory detail. The flavor turned town's loss, to me, from a sour experience to a rather fun one, and that speaks a lot about how good it was.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”