Wow... harsh

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Do you know that mafia is funner when you don't get lynched for small mistakes?

Yes. (reasons here)
55%
No. (reasons here)
45%

Total votes: 38

SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:56 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

I've gotten lynched for something similar, and it sucked very hard. Wrong game :P, IN THIS GAME,I referred to a lynched mafia tracker as a mafia watcher, being the noob I am. The mod realizes that the tracker was indeed a watcher and proceeds to change it so. I get lynched for the impression that I knew more info even though I really accidentally used tracker and watcher interchangeably. It was too little too late though, and there was no undoing it. I got lynched for a semantic mistake that uncovered a mod mistake that framed me. :(
Last edited by SilverPhoenix on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:02 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

animorpherv1 wrote:
SilverPhoenix wrote:I've gotten lynched for something similar, and it sucked very hard. In the game,I referred to a lynched mafia tracker as a mafia watcher, being the noob I am. The mod realizes that the tracker was indeed a watcher and proceeds to change it so. I get lynched for the impression that I knew more info even though I really accidentally used tracker and watcher interchangeably. It was too little too late though, and there was no undoing it. I got lynched for a semantic mistake that uncovered a mod mistake that framed me. :(
This is what I am talking about. Stupid little things like this, get us lynched? That is too far.
My situation was just unfortunate for me. I didn't do much to help myself though, as I was already a candidate for scumminess by some. I kept insisting that I made a mistake referring to them as the same, but the others thought I was not being genuine.
Sorry to refer to an ongoing game, but it was a very frustrating one for me. EDIT: Thanks Ether!
Last edited by SilverPhoenix on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

TSQ wrote:There is a very strong propensity on this site to be afraid of what Vollkan has described as "the mafia boogeyman" aka a speedlynch misslynch, which is something which I have never seen happen in my 30-50 odd games on this site.
There are some, however, who would say that a speed mislynch would actually be
beneficial
to town, and that is why I oppose speed lynches of any kind early game. Because lynching someone that quickly makes no sense whatsoever to me. Because these people exist that think speedlynching is a-ok, I will continue to actively be against it. I would say the main reason it hasn't happened as much is because of the strong propensity against it, but that is probably overreaching.
Glork wrote:Also, more mods need to institute faster deadlines. I am a big fan of two- or three-week days, maximum. It makes people make decisions and play more quickly.
Agreed. Many more games are doing this now, and the game I was in that this was instituted turned out great. I will certainly do this when I mod my first game.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

TSQ wrote:You miss my point. I call speedlynching the mafia boogeyman, because despite the fearmongering that people often cite it for, I have never ever seen it happen. It's not a legitimate harm, because chances of it happening are so remote.
Oh okay. Their is only one gametype where it is a legitimate threat, and that's the Lover's Mafia being run in open. But you are right about people in other games using it as a fearmongerer in early game. It is just that the Lover's Mafia fiasco is still pertinent in my mind. :)
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Thestatusquo wrote:Seems like quicklynch would be more hazardous to scum than town in that situation, which enforces my point. Let me guess, one of the scum got quicklynched d1?
No, a townie got all hot and bothered when I refused to quicklynch d1. Said townie semi-selfdestructed and hammered someone who he "knew" was town. And then the scum quicklynched him d2 because I voted for him. And the scum team had 10 posts
combined
out of 6 pages or so.
[/i]

Return to “Mafia Discussion”