Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1816 (isolation #200) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:13 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1805, Bingle wrote:
In post 1801, Radical Rat wrote: Do you perceive there as being a difference between your version of this and the one you accuse Umlaut of? If so, what is that difference?
No, not at all. It's not that having nuanced reads like that is inherently scummy, it's that as scum having a nuanced read like that is something you specifically want to do with a partner. The analysis here isn't whether Umlaut is scum or you are scum, but specifically whether it makes sense for you to be scum together. I don't think Umlaut or you are scum for having a read of "Rat is towny but maybe I'm wrong" but if Umlaut flipped scum and we had to continue the game it WOULD make me reconsider how town I thought you were.

This method of analysis is for shit for actually finding scum. It's all about removing people from the lim pool.
FTFM

Dropped a word that massively changed the meaning of the post. If umlaut flips town I wouldn’t think rat was scummier because they necessarily wouldn’t be partners.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1885 (isolation #201) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Bingle »

Wait, pooky repped in?

I was ready for this, gimme a minute.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1886 (isolation #202) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:41 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1474, Bingle wrote:
In post 1471, Merlyn wrote: I do not care about this game as much I do about being on a boat with beers rn
I read this as being on a boat with bears. Do not trust bears. They are wild animals and will fuck your day up.

In other news, I'm happy to give Merlyn a day or two to escape the large omnivores threatening her.
In post 1481, Bingle wrote:
In post 1475, Radical Rat wrote: I hope our next GeorgeBailey meme is the classic "bear with me" post
https://punpedia.org/bear-puns/
In post 1760, Bingle wrote:
In post 1756, Ausuka wrote: Wow datisi is lax on everyone else but for me he has the prod timer ready on hours, minutes and seconds
The key is to make your prod dodges like four lines long so they don't bother reading it and thus don't realize there's no game content there.

I absolutely have never done this. I would not, could not, with a bear.
Clearly, I am scum with pooky.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1887 (isolation #203) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1884, Radical Rat wrote: Actually this whole homework scheme was your (Umlaut's) idea.
In fairness, he did come up with it by watching me do it in Coalition to narrow down scumteams as town. :P
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1888 (isolation #204) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:46 pm

Post by Bingle »

Also, like 85% on this being a scum pooky rep in.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1890 (isolation #205) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:50 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1857, Invisibility wrote:
In post 1828, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: BRUH HE LITERALLY SHOT MEUH AND THEN BRAGGED ABOUT IT
wait so are you saying that Bingle made an oopsie by kablamming his purported scumread that was secretly a townread and then he decided to be a big mean evil jerk and laugh about it in the thread or what
I mean, Pooky is not wrong that I enjoy bragging about insane shit I've pulled off. But his narrative here is that I'm literally bragging about shooting myself in the foot. Other things I don't tend to do: hitting my genitalia with hammers and putting my arms in woodchippers.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (isolation #206) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1889, Doctor Drew wrote: Genius solve, clearly just self vote at this point.
Maybe if pooky gives me some Yamazaki.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (isolation #207) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by Bingle »

Also:
In post 1391, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: VOTE: meowth

I think Bingle is probably the best person at mech on the entire site and he enjoys solving mech optimal play for town regardless of his alignment. [as in he will literally as scum point out the best way for town to play optimally

I have given up on reading him because I've been basically wrong on him every time I have ever remembered reading him.
:D
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (isolation #208) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:13 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 50, Datisi wrote:
flavourImage
I’m playing black.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1896 (isolation #209) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by Bingle »

Pooky scum replace into this game thinking all like “I can lim me a Bingle.” But what Pooky didn’t count on was

In post 308, Merlyn wrote:
In post 178, Invisibility wrote: Bingle keeps a case on every player locked in a vault as a contingency plan for if any of them go rogue
I believe this, like Batman having plans to kill all the Justice League if they go crazy
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1908 (isolation #210) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by Bingle »

Your flavor leaf is showing, pooky.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (isolation #211) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1897, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1892, Bingle wrote: Also:

I think Bingle is probably the best person at mech on the entire site and he enjoys solving mech optimal play for town regardless of his alignment. [as in he will literally as scum point out the best way for town to play optimally

I have given up on reading him because I've been basically wrong on him every time I have ever remembered reading him.
nah i knew u were scum in that game thats why you shot me rofl
Lmao, your last reads list was about how town needed to sheep me and LLD. You died because you weren’t gonna be an easy mislim and that wasn’t true of literally any other slot.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (isolation #212) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:39 pm

Post by Bingle »

I don’t think you’re actually trying to kamikaze. I think you’re projecting that you will because you’re backed into a corner and going down, and if you’re going to go down you see my lim as the best bragging rights you can get.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1921 (isolation #213) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1747, Bingle wrote: Invisibility
Firebringer
Ausuka
Radical Rat
sheepsaysmeep
Doctor Drew
Merlyn
Umlaut
I am still here, for what it’s worth.

Pooky, why does me scum kill someone im pushing who isn’t pushing me back?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1925 (isolation #214) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Bingle »

Your argument presumes the other scumteam thinks I’m town, which is kinda fucking silly.

It also presumes that I don’t like to leave people I can tunnel alive to, yknow, tunnel on them. Like Cakez.

I had absolutely no traction on a Meuh lim, and was actually fairly widely suspected throughout D1.

Your narrative has no similarity to what actual happened.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1926 (isolation #215) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:04 pm

Post by Bingle »

Like, you’re arguing that I would shoot someone who wasn’t a threat while ignoring people who were threats and was at worst a convenient place to push as a show of solving in order to claim that I would clearly not do the thing that is a bad idea.

So either I think it’s a bad idea to shoot Meuh there and am desperate enough for towncred to make that kill despite thinking it’s a stupid kill to make, or I don’t think it’s a stupid kill to make and yet come into the thread and try to fake thinking it’s a stupid kill to make for towncred while bragging about having shot myself in the foot.

The mental Olympics involved in this narrative are just wow, man.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (isolation #216) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:02 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1933, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1892, Bingle wrote: Also:

also now that I think about this response to me where he points out the part where I said "I've misread Bingle every time I've tried"

This is entirely incongruent with a game state where he thinks I'm mafia - because mafia don't need to make reads. He's trying to sow doubt on my read because he knows I'm
town
Exactly the opposite, in fact. That’s what makes this a scum push. You know, and have demonstrated recently as town, that you’re for shit at reading me. When confronted with that, instead of actually reading or reevaluating, you’re doubling down on what should be a low confidence read. When presented with evidence contradictory to your narrative, you straight up ignore it (rat pointing out that what you’re accusing me of instigating as a scum tactic being your own slot’s last contribution to the thread met with idc, for example) and you’re doubling down on “I’m fine being eliminated” when you, me, and probably sheep’s grandma can all tell those are empty NAI words. Of course you won’t just lay down and take the lim tomorrow if you’re town who manages to mislim me. Because just laying down and taking the lim would be playing antiwincon. Kinda like you’re not actually looking to be the lim here today.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1937 (isolation #217) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:08 am

Post by Bingle »

Lunch break is almost over, but pooky doesn’t trust a read based on evidence he’s been told is wrong on a player he knows he isn’t good at reading in a game that he literally hasn’t read most of enough to actually wager the game on it.

And I almost certainly would have shot vizzy. Possibly fire. There were strong reasons not to shoot most other people and the whole point of the night one scumkill is to avoid hitting scum.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1948 (isolation #218) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:27 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1947, Ausuka wrote: if i have to give a reason, the 'bragging rights' line from bingle rubbed me the wrong way.
In hindsight, 'bragging rights' is probably the wrong way to say it. My last game with Pooky was election, where, despite the fact that he jokingly called me a cheeky scumfuck in a PT once despite hardtownreading me pretty much all game in spite of his own insecurity in reading me and was shot because he was a threat to Alisae, who is notable for complex setups and not being named Bingle. I 100% believe that scum pooky comes in with a desire to get me limmed specifically. Call it ego, but it just makes sense to me.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (isolation #219) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:32 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1938, Firebringer wrote: Why would u shoot vizzy
Because vizzy was the towniest player at the end of D1 and would have been a lower impact loss for scum if I was wrong than the other v towny players (sorry, viz, but you don't strike me as very powerwolfy).

Basically the only important criteria for a N1 kill in this setup is {unlikely to be scum}. A cross kill is fine, because both teams now have a conftown they can shoot at that isn't a confirmed town voice should their cop result not give them the ability to kill someone safely. Missing a kill is >>>> hitting a buddy.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1955 (isolation #220) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1954, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Tbf most of ur post applies from pooky’s POV in the form “a bingle townflip forces me to reevaluate the game whereas anything else leaves him in the exact same place he is now
Other things that would force pooky to reevaluate his reads: reading the thread.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1956 (isolation #221) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by Bingle »

Oh sorry, I meant to put reads in quotes.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1957 (isolation #222) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1954, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Tbf most of ur post applies from pooky’s POV in the form “a bingle townflip forces me to reevaluate the game whereas anything else leaves him in the exact same place he is now
Actually this kind of bugs me. Why are you assuming pooky town here?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1958 (isolation #223) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:10 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1928, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: the whole point is to claim he didnt do it
This also doesn’t make sense, btw.

If I killed Meuh to say “I wouldn’t have killed Meuh” then I would have had to have foreknowledge that Meuh would flip scum leaving only one unaccounted for nightkill. So pooky isn’t really arguing “Bingle shot someone solely to be able to claim he wouldn’t have shot that person.” Pooky is arguing “Bingle intentionally shot his scum partner to be able to claim he wouldn’t have shot his scum partner.”

Putting aside all of the games I’ve ever played where I did in fact not shoot my scum partner for towncred, I’d also be doing this in a setup where an entirely unrelated lim would lose me the game.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2261 (isolation #224) » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:06 pm

Post by Bingle »

The only change I’d suggest is to let scum holster. I don’t think they need a n0 cop if they’re allowed to just not shoot if they’re not sure on a kill. I do think killing a lurker is just a bad plan N1, regardless of who it is because of pretty much exactly what happened here.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2262 (isolation #225) » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:10 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 648, Bingle wrote: Radical Rat
Firebringer
Invisibility
osuka

The Bulge

Black
Doctor Drew
Umlaut

Bellaphant
Skygazer

Ausuka
Cook
Merlyn
Meuh

This is roughly where I'm at. I wish I had stonger reasons for most of these reasons, but it actually strikes me as significant that I don't really have strong reasons to feel the ways I do about most of these people. I really only feel confident about the top four names, and the rest of this list is very much a matter of gut.
I’m honestly really happy with how well this readslist aged.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (isolation #226) » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:11 pm

Post by Bingle »

Also lol at ausuka being wk’d by both scum teams.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2265 (isolation #227) » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:14 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2254, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: gg thanks for modding Datisi

I have a bottle of whisky for you Bingle hit me up!
Honestly I’d be more psyched to just hit a bar with you for a night than to get the scotch. If I’m ever headed onwards NY I’ll let you know ;)

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”