[Planning] Mafiascum Site Championship Series

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:01 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i think the idea sounds cool and well thought out and i think it should happen

i agree that demand for playing might make things tricky if more people want to play than there are slots. maybe an early gauge of how many would want to participate might help guide things, and/or a lower priority in sign-ups given to people who have reached the minimum, as suggested

i also was really excited to play and then noticed the money thing. i don't really think i have a solution for that. but also expressing i guess some feelings of weirdness around that and i wouldn't really know how to handle the situation and might rather just not play. i don't really think you should change anything either though since it probably adds to the fun/excitement for most people and it is a generous offer to the community
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

the scoring system might affect how people play

specifically, incentive for being on a correct elim (and no negative for being on a wrong one) may make people more likely to want to be on the wagon of whoever is being limmed

i don't really think this is the end of the world? but it probably changes the shape of games at least a little bit
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

$100 meaning vastly different things to different people is imo both part of the stickiness around it, and also going to contribute to people putting greater or lesser weight on it when considering the planning of the event, which may come across as overthinking

Return to “Mafia Discussion”