Micro 1077 | True Love at Grandpa's House | Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:47 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 46, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 40, chad thunder wrote:
In post 39, Bub Bidderskins wrote: Wait,

UNVOTE:

Didn't really register with me that this is a mini game so that would put Vander at L-3 already.

Gonna:

VOTE: Andante

I'm torn on the idea of openly discussing theory like that. On the one hand the Mafia inherently has an information edge in general, but in this game there may be some edge the mafia can gain if everything's out in the open.
This kind of post seems indicative to me that Bub is trying to put on the appearance of looking pro-town rather than actually being pro-town.

L-3 is like nothing. Like how can you even apply pressure if you're too scared to put on a second vote. I feel like Bub worrying about putting a player at L-3 by adding *just* a second vote shows he's worried about optics here.

And I think schadd_ once said "first unvote is always a wolf."

VOTE: Bub Bidderskins
Reasonable take
yep VOTE: Bub Bidderskins
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:44 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 87, biancospino wrote: UNVOTE:

There something weird going on here for sure. I don't like Andante just going hard bull here.
Thou
FoS: Bub
still
Why do you think that Andante is going hard bull?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:10 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 90, biancospino wrote:
In post 88, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 87, biancospino wrote: UNVOTE:

There something weird going on here for sure. I don't like Andante just going hard bull here.
Thou
FoS: Bub
still
Why do you think that Andante is going hard bull?
"votes going my way prove I'm t/t, but even more votes going another way under similar circumstances are not ai", like ????????
I don't understand what you want to say. Can you give a more detailed assessment, with quotes, please?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 126, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 109, chad thunder wrote:
In post 101, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 98, Vanderscamp wrote: The problem with these nondescript chat townreads is that you guys are basically asking us to just trust your read with nothing for us to judge, which is not something I'm going to do.
This.

I think it's a move to try and control the narrative in an unverifiable way.
counterpoint #1: There is literally another person in the lover's topic that knows what I'm referring to. If I were scum trying to control the narrative, then my lover would have to be town due to the setup. They could, in turn, point out if I'm throwing them an unearned townread or saying something publicly that doesn't align with our private topic. That's not quite "unverifiable."
Yeah, but humans will still human. It's just natural that if someone chums up to you and thinks your town then you'll wanna take their side. From your point of view, you are town and everything you do is townie!
I do know that not everything I do looks town....
and competent players should know that as well!

Now, yes, there is strong motivation for scum to buddy up their lover and get them townread.
There's also strong motivation for town to get their lover townread if they townread them; so it isn't an ironclad piece of AI content(it is still scum indicative by a bit).

There's also strong motivation for scum to break up potential lover pairs townreading each other, or get them eliminated.
You clamped down right at the spot when you saw someone with an early townread. Not all townreads will come from scum; you can certainly question such scumreads, but hunting someone like a laser here looks more like scum trying to punch through instead of town hunting.
Plus, you have pivoted from voting your lover when you realized they were your lover.

I think you are scum here.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:20 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 132, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 127, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 126, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 109, chad thunder wrote:
In post 101, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 98, Vanderscamp wrote: The problem with these nondescript chat townreads is that you guys are basically asking us to just trust your read with nothing for us to judge, which is not something I'm going to do.
This.

I think it's a move to try and control the narrative in an unverifiable way.
counterpoint #1: There is literally another person in the lover's topic that knows what I'm referring to. If I were scum trying to control the narrative, then my lover would have to be town due to the setup. They could, in turn, point out if I'm throwing them an unearned townread or saying something publicly that doesn't align with our private topic. That's not quite "unverifiable."
Yeah, but humans will still human. It's just natural that if someone chums up to you and thinks your town then you'll wanna take their side. From your point of view, you are town and everything you do is townie!
I do know that not everything I do looks town....
and competent players should know that as well!

Now, yes, there is strong motivation for scum to buddy up their lover and get them townread.
There's also strong motivation for town to get their lover townread if they townread them; so it isn't an ironclad piece of AI content(it is still scum indicative by a bit).

There's also strong motivation for scum to break up potential lover pairs townreading each other, or get them eliminated.
You clamped down right at the spot when you saw someone with an early townread. Not all townreads will come from scum; you can certainly question such scumreads, but hunting someone like a laser here looks more like scum trying to punch through instead of town hunting.
Plus, you have pivoted from voting your lover when you realized they were your lover.

I think you are scum here.
I agree with much of what you say but the 2nd last line is pretty interesting.

Do you think that Bub didn't realize I was his lover when he voted me?
Because I can tell you that's not true.
Well, it looked like it to me. Thanks for the correction.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 149, Umlaut wrote: Kind of agree with Andante's solve, tbh. (Incidentally, since we're close to end of day I'm going to come out and say I'm Andante's lover. Would appreciate others following suit, though really we only need one more to know the full set.)
In post 128, Bub Bidderskins wrote: NK15, with all due respect, I don't think you understand the case against Andante or the setup of this game. The case isn't about Andante townreading their lover...or even so much them making it public. It's about trying to yoink control of the game at the start:
In post 65, Andante wrote: vander also lean town. bam! leaves scum in 4 people. I'm too good :)
This kind of overconfidence based on totally unverifiable info leads me to think that Andante is trying to guide the town down a certain path.
In post 127, Not Known 15 wrote: Plus, you have pivoted from voting your lover when you realized they were your lover.
You understand the setup right? I knew who my lover was from the jump.
I don't know how to justify it but this post put Bub at hard town for me.
That doesn't really make sense(for reference, I thought there was a momentary memory lapse when Bub forgot who the partner was, but yeah....)
This does apply for scum too(they know their lover) so no this is just NAI.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

And the Andante thing is just... easy to come at? I mean... could scum write it like that? Is it likely? Both yes! What if Andante is part of a town town pair? Scum needs to get one of these eliminated, and an obvtown townpair is the end for them. Scum has a very high interest in not letting early correct ideas become entrenched.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:45 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 166, Vanderscamp wrote: No, but I townread myself, Chad, and (I think) Andante
Why do you townread Chad?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:05 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 196, Umlaut wrote: You can kill NK15 now by voting bianco.
My lover is chad...
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:06 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Biancos partner is Enchant!
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:12 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 156, Umlaut wrote:
Lover reference

Vanderscamp :blue_heart: Bub Bidderskins
Enchant :green_heart: biancospino
Umlaut :purple_heart: Andante
Not Known 15 :yellow_heart: chad thunder
Yellow and Green are voting Bub
Blue and Purple are voting Bianco
Hmmm....
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:36 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 210, biancospino wrote: VOTE: NK15

/game
Rofl no.
VOTE: Umlaut
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:40 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

That's sooo obv Umlaut.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

and beyond is just scum/scum. Look how weak this whole exchange is!
In post 63, Umlaut wrote: I said "specifically" twice which is kind of awkward, oh well
Quite self-aware.
In post 100, Umlaut wrote: Quiet game.

I like Andante for town, she's being proactive and provocative. Though I also don't understand .

Chad posts are reasonable and solvey, townlean for now.

My vote on bianco is not actually random, it's based on which bugged me because I don't think it's reasonable to just immediately sheep "I think my partner is scum" from Andante when she doesn't even believe it enough to be voting there herself at the time, and it seems like a way to put down a vote down for an ostensibly defensible reason.
Protecting partner.
In post 149, Umlaut wrote: Kind of agree with Andante's solve, tbh. (Incidentally, since we're close to end of day I'm going to come out and say I'm Andante's lover. Would appreciate others following suit, though really we only need one more to know the full set.)
In post 128, Bub Bidderskins wrote: NK15, with all due respect, I don't think you understand the case against Andante or the setup of this game. The case isn't about Andante townreading their lover...or even so much them making it public. It's about trying to yoink control of the game at the start:
In post 65, Andante wrote: vander also lean town. bam! leaves scum in 4 people. I'm too good :)
This kind of overconfidence based on totally unverifiable info leads me to think that Andante is trying to guide the town down a certain path.
In post 127, Not Known 15 wrote: Plus, you have pivoted from voting your lover when you realized they were your lover.
You understand the setup right? I knew who my lover was from the jump.
I don't know how to justify it but this post put Bub at hard town for me.
Yeah not possible...
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 168, Umlaut wrote: I'm good with Bianco, agree the couple has more joint scum equity than Chad/NK.

VOTE: bianco
Setting up consecutive T/T lims
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 156, Umlaut wrote:
Lover reference

Vanderscamp :blue_heart: Bub Bidderskins
Enchant :green_heart: biancospino
Umlaut :purple_heart: Andante
Not Known 15 :yellow_heart: chad thunder
In post 196, Umlaut wrote: You can kill NK15 now by voting bianco.
Oh, right, why would town make such a blunder? Town is very interested in pairs... yet scum knows two pairs from the onset. But this is one of the few errors scum could actually make if Umlaut is scum with bub.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:46 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

It's just Chad.
VOTE: Chad

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”