Micro 1062 | Divide and Conquer | Postgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by Somnus »

Who put me at the kid’s table for Thanksgiving???

VOTE: cake because hungry.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:50 pm

Post by Somnus »

I'm going to try and get all annoying setup spec out of the way in one post and then just focus on scum-hunting.

I don't particularly care which neighborhood we eliminate in today. Before signing up for this game, I did some brief research on the setup. It's been run 3 times, and a certain scum!magical bear appears to have been eliminated on Day 1 the first time it was run, ending the game mechanically, since he was in the bigger neighborhood. As was mentioned, the next 2 times it was run, scum won and the Day 1 elimination was in the smaller neighborhood. Not much of a sample size to go by. I'd rather just scum-hunt.

Thoughts?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:07 pm

Post by Somnus »

See? You do have some thoughts after all!
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:28 pm

Post by Somnus »

I'm temporarily awake. It's probably not gonna last long though.
In post 27, Radja wrote:
In post 17, Cephrir wrote:My first scalding hot take is that Radja would not have divided the hoods like this and is therefore town

I feel like this is the work of someone up on site culture
Can you elaborate on this? Why wouldnt I divide it like this?
I was thinking I would lock you as town if we were in different neighbourhoods, but that didn't happen.

Also hi Cakez, I remember you too!
I'm assuming this is from some prior history?
In post 28, Radja wrote:I was also thinking we should eliminate from the smaller hood before the game started, but I think I changed my mind about that now. Eliminating from the big hood seems like it could be more rewarding.
Kinda rhetorical but kinda not: Did most people go into this with a preconceived plan of which neighborhood to eliminate in Day 1? I sort of figured we would just end up eliminating the scummiest person Day 1 and go from there.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:04 am

Post by Somnus »

I had something come up yesterday that required my immediate attention, and by the time I got caught up, I desperately needed to sleep. I'm town, but I don't think it's the end of the world if I get eliminated here:

Both the people in my neighborhood want me out for uhh...questionable reasons at best (a too long post that was 5 sentences long and apparently I'm performative. I don't know. I always post like this, including when I'm spectating a game, which is something Lucian should know from a couple months ago). Apparently my 4-post ISO from when the game had barely started is awful. Ok. I can live with that. I know one of them is just wrong town though.

Here's where I'm at: If I end up being the elimination today, after I flip, you've got a 50/50 shot at hitting mafia between Lucian and Scared Bear. Even if it's wrong tomorrow, you'll have a confirmed mafia Day 3, the entire small neighborhood wiped out, and in that absolute worst case scenario, guaranteed to at least get to eLo. So even though I'm not celebrating my potential mis-lim here and would have preferred a slightly longer cameo in this game, like...go for it, I guess? It's amazing how silly this setup appeared to me once I actually started going through the scenarios in my head. :lol:

(Yes, this post was too long. Scum confirmed.)
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:53 am

Post by Somnus »

1. Eliminate small hood
2. ????
3. Profit

Would prefer if you went with ScrrrdBear over me, but I won't hold it against anyone if I'm the consensus. I haven't brought anything of value to this game, unfortunately, and that probably wouldn't change for another week. Sorry about that. Timing just ended up unexpectedly terrible for a mafia game. That's my problem and not yours though, so I'll leave it at that.

I thought some of the early analysis by Lucian was the kind of stuff that's easy to fake to look like busy town, but I don't have that thought anymore. There's clearly no consensus scum-read in the big hood, so throwing a dart and hoping to hit 1 out of 6 in there on Day 1 doesn't seem like a good play.

VOTE: ScrrrdBear

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”