Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

KoC: you replaced in, so you probably missed the first part of the day where I went hard after Timeater. After he disappeared, I admit that I kind of lost my focus. I also got a little lazy in this game, and I'm sort of waiting for the day to end. I apologize for that, but that's the way it is. I have no strong scum feel from anyone, and I've been hoping that someone would slip up or start acting scummy.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

...Like you, maybe?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:32 am

Post by andersonw »

Hmmm... I could have sworn that I made a post here yesterday.
unvote

Fark: Could you respond to the bottom of my post 465?

Still considering Elmo's questions.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:39 am

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

MacavityLock (2)
- Tarhalindur, Flask of Pestilence
Grimmy (2)
- Rishi, iamausername
camn (1)
- MacavityLock
No Lynch (2)
- camn, forbiddanlight
Farkshinsoup (1)
- Knight of Cydonia

Not voting (4) - Grimmy, Elmo, Farkshinsoup, andersonw

Seven
votes to lynch.

The is about 3 days away.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

I just realized something else that's been bothering me. Fark's the only human model cylon without a name. Not happy about doing this, but it seems like the right time to say: I'm Natalie.
MacavityLock wrote:
iamausername wrote:Thinking about it, I'm very suspicious of the way KoC seems to know so much more about what's going on than the rest of us.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:I'm a Centurion allied to Natalies/D'Anna (forbiddan)'s faction.
Was anyone else given this much information about their alignment?
It was not indicated in my PM that there is a Natalie/D'Anna faction.
I worded that very specifically. Of course I knew that there was a Nat faction; I'm part/head of it. However, it was not indicated to me much of anything else, especially including the fact that D'Anna is part of it. (There's more I could say here, but I'd still like to hold some back.)

As of right now, KoC's actions still feel very off to me. I don't know why he claimed the way he did.

I'd be pretty happy with a Fark or a KoC lynch today, and for now
Vote: Fark
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

EBWOP:
Unvote. Vote: Fark
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

EBWOP again:
MacavityLock wrote:However, it was not indicated to me much of anything else, especially including the fact that D'Anna is part of it.
I would like to make clear that I still don't know whether or not D'Anna is part of it.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by camn »

Hmm.

Well, now we have day 1 name claims from all the cylon.

Unvote, Vote : Farkinsoup

I want to see a full claim from you.
and I want to get to the bottom of the whole you and Flask both claiming #2.
I know we shouldn't be lynching on claims alone... but I think we can actually get some info from this.
And this:
To be honest camn, I'd rather you lynched me than vote no-lynch, if that's what it comes down to
reads as a classic passive-aggressive scum double-back move. :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Grimmy »

Pressuring for a full claim

Vote: Fark

I will unvote once the claim has been posted.

Grimmy
thats vote number 4 out of 7, so anyone else voting should be careful
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Flask of Pestilence »

camn, in 526, wrote:Patrick... why is it obvious in post 398? I don't see it.
Our role PM mentioned that we believe humans and cylons can exist in peace with one another, and the theory that we brought up in post 398 stemmed from that - our belief that the members of the scum group are trying to get us to think otherwise.

I'm a bit confused by the quick wagon that's formed on Farkshinsoup. I mean yes, he's claimed to be a number 2, which is what I am as Leoben Conoy, but I don't understand the portion mentioned by iamausername as I thought his vote during the random vote "stage" was just random chatter. Why does his mentioning something about a centurion lead you to believe this is some kind of inconsistency?
MacavityLock wrote:None of us have claimed Final Fivers. Can you please clarify?
Again, this might stem from my limited knowledge with the theme but what exactly is a Final Fiver?

I don't entirely see the appeal of a KoC lynch either. Why would his early
role
claiming make him more likely to be scum? To me an early role claim from a relatively new player usually means said player is overexcited about his or her role and just wants to get it out in the open. Like "LOOK AT HOW COOL I AM GUYS!"

Would you still be fine with a camn lynch too?
Grimmy, in 558, wrote:I will unvote once the claim has been posted.
Why would you unvote immediately after a claim has been posted? Who would you be willing to lynch today then?

@camn and KoC:
Did the both of you ever complete your reads? Were you planning on posting some sort of a mini player by player before entering the night?

I'm still fine with a MacavityLock lynch.

- Incog.
[ooc][color=black]Don't let the cute, cuddly avatar deceive you.[/color][/ooc]
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Flask of Pestilence wrote: I'm a bit confused by the quick wagon that's formed on Farkshinsoup. I mean yes, he's claimed to be a number 2, which is what I am as Leoben Conoy, but I don't understand the portion mentioned by iamausername as I thought his vote during the random vote "stage" was just random chatter. Why does his mentioning something about a centurion lead you to believe this is some kind of inconsistency?
The reason I am voting for Fark is because he is the only cylon who did not have a name. You (Leoben), me (Natalie), Grimmy (Sharon Agathon), and forbiddan (D'Anna) all have names. The way Fark said it, he was Number 2, and he had to look up the fact that his name was Leoben. That sounds like an inconsistency to me.
Flask of Pestilence wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:None of us have claimed Final Fivers. Can you please clarify?
Again, this might stem from my limited knowledge with the theme but what exactly is a Final Fiver?
The final five cylons are cylons who were hidden from everyone (including the rest of the cylons) up until a recent reveal. We only know four of them at this point: Saul Tigh, Galen Tyrol, Sam Anders, and Tory Foster. So, wait, was this stuff about five cylons flavor, or game knowledge? If game knowledge, is it possible that the Final Five are our scum?
Flask of Pestilence wrote:I don't entirely see the appeal of a KoC lynch either. Why would his early
role
claiming make him more likely to be scum? To me an early role claim from a relatively new player usually means said player is overexcited about his or her role and just wants to get it out in the open. Like "LOOK AT HOW COOL I AM GUYS!"
The fact that he didn't want to wait, and was under no pressure, seems like he wanted to widely publicize the fact that he has an information role. But it's also not a very useful one, given that it's one shot and doesn't actually tell us whether the cylon is scum or not. It's also easily fake-able as scum, since we've now all model-claimed. I really don't like it.
Flask of Pestilence wrote:Would you still be fine with a camn lynch too?
I'd prefer a camn-lynch to a No Lynch.
Why would you unvote immediately after a claim has been posted? Who would you be willing to lynch today then?
I agree with this question. What's the purpose of declaring the fact that you'll unvote?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Ok, here's the full claim: I am Number 2, a toaster who is allied with the cylons. I choose a player during the day (it has to be before we get to night), and that night, I confuse him with spiritual thoughts and mysteries so that he can't do anything. I assume I'm some sort of roleblocker. (this was another reason that I was confused about exactly whose side I was on). I win when all enemies to my side are dead. (I've been careful to paraphrase here, don't want to get modkilled)

Anderson, I'll try to answer your question tomorrow (I don't have time right now).
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by camn »

Flask of Pestilence wrote: I'm a bit confused by the quick wagon that's formed on Farkshinsoup.

It's only quick because we don't have a lot of time.
@camn and KoC:
Did the both of you ever complete your reads? Were you planning on posting some sort of a mini player by player before entering the night?
No, and no.
I am not going to do anything other than skim the early pages at this point.
I always end up rereading once we start to get info about alignments.. so I will save myself the time.. . .I told Destructor I didn't have time to come in on this game.. but he sucked me in with the Awesome Theme.

Now, regarding Fark.
This claim doesn't set my mind at ease about him.. Roleblocker is a scum role, too.
BUT.. I am generally against lynching claimed power roles day 1.. unless they are particularly scummy

So..
UNVOTE
VOTE: NOLYNCH

I still think it is the smart move.

Regarding the Five.... if the flavor follows the Show.. than ONE of the 5 ended up pretty PRO-cylon (Tori).. and the other 3 were pro-human to varying degrees... with Col Tigh being the most pro-human IMO. So if the game follows the flavor, I would doubt that the 5 are even all on the same team, much less all scum. I mean.. Tori killed Galen's wife. How could they be scum together?
But this is pure speculation at this point. For all we know. . there ARE no Five.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Post to avoid prod. Sorry for lack of detail.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by camn »

wow.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:35 am

Post by Rishi »

Elmo wrote:My argument isn't anything, at the moment. By default, an action isn't scummy. There needs to be some reason as to why it is; I can't think of one, and I don't believe you've put forth one. I don't see this as particularly useful, but I'll answer as long as you're asking.

The problem was also in the degree of the reaction. Tar's post was pure hyperbole. I would definitely look more favourably on "Elmo, that's scummy" rather than OMG MUST KILL. There is also the fact he latched onto what FL was saying, which is part of the reason I wanted to lynch him over her.
Okay, I can see your point now. You’re not saying that your posts didn’t deserve some scrutiny. But there’s a difference between my initial reaction (pretty much “WTF?”) and Tar’s reaction (pretty much “diescumdie”). It’s made worse by a fact that you pointed out earlier – that Tar has played with you before and should have an idea of your playstyle.

And this argument isn’t useful. This will be my last post on this subject for now.
forbiddanlight wrote:I don't like KoC's assumptions. You aren't playing mafia, you are playing "outguess the mod", I think.
OMFG (Oh My Frakkin Gods). I agree with forbiddan, here. (As she can tell you, it doesn’t happen too often.) With so many claimed cylons, we have to figure that some of them have to be town-aligned. Some of the humans might be scum as well. I think the whole cylon/human thing is probably a null-tell.
Frakshinsoup wrote:Ok, here's the full claim: I am Number 2, a toaster who is allied with the cylons. I choose a player during the day (it has to be before we get to night), and that night, I confuse him with spiritual thoughts and mysteries so that he can't do anything. I assume I'm some sort of roleblocker. (this was another reason that I was confused about exactly whose side I was on). I win when all enemies to my side are dead. (I've been careful to paraphrase here, don't want to get modkilled)
Hmm. Town-aligned cylon. Do you know who your fellow cylons are? Can you communicate at night?

I don’t think that No Lynch is a good move here. I hear what camn is saying about an even number of players, but we need some information that'll come out in a lynch. Plus, we don’t know that there’ll be exactly one kill every night (could be zero, could be two some nights).
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Grimmy »

Unvote

more when I get some time. I left this up overnight and just refreshed before starting work

Grimmy
Show

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Rishi wrote:Do you know who your fellow cylons are? Can you communicate at night?
Again, I want to be careful here, don't want to violate general rule number 3, but let's just say that I asked myself these exact same questions and before we started Day 1, I was satisfied that the answer to both of those questions is: no.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Grimmy »

I only put my vote on him to give a bit more pressure for a full claim. I do not have any strong suspects at the moment, but the whole "two people claiming the same person (#2)" bothers me. The more I read about BSG on the Wiki makes it seem more and more possible, but with the limited amount of people in this game, im wondering why the mod would do so. It could be a mindf*ck on the mods part to make this game harder, or one of you is lying and hoping that it just falls by the wayside (which is seems to be doing)

-IncoGrimmytrick
Show

Rishi wrote:

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:38 am

Post by camn »

Happy Birthday, Fark.

And why, pray tell, did you have to ASK yourself if you knew who the other cylons were?
Did you get SOME names of other players.. but it wasn't indicated if they were cylon?

Me.. I got NO names of anyone... so it was pretty clear that I didn't know who anyone was. I didn't have to ask myself anything.

I don't get it.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

I certainly didn't get any details about other Cylons - I just have to go out and find one.
Fark, your seemingly dedliberately obstructive language is just mindfucking, and it's getting annoying. Please stop.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

camn wrote:And why, pray tell, did you have to ASK yourself if you knew who the other cylons were?
Did you get SOME names of other players.. but it wasn't indicated if they were cylon?

Me.. I got NO names of anyone... so it was pretty clear that I didn't know who anyone was. I didn't have to ask myself anything.

I don't get it

Sorry camn, I'm not being as clear as I would like because I don't want to be mod-killed. I need you to extrapolate a little here.

I also got "no names of anyone", but because I was a cylon, I thought there may have been an oversight on the part of the mod. Let's just say that I received clarification, and that answered my questions. The same questions that Rishi asked me in post 565.

(Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'll be eating cake later. And drinking. Not necessarily in that order.)
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Elmo »

Grimmy wrote:The more I read about BSG on the Wiki makes it seem more and more possible, but with the limited amount of people in this game, im wondering why the mod would do so.
Mostly to punish people for being dumb, I'd imagine. As someone said, "There are many copies".
Minor FoS
: Everyone who jumped on Fark, especially Grimmy. This wagon sucks. Also, he's town, so no.

No lynch means we have one less cardflip to work with for the remainder of the game, relatively. This is why people generally no lynch as late as possible with an even number of people alive. I don't think it's disastrous, but I would prefer lynching someone to a no lynch. Albeit there seems to be a decent reason to keep like half the game alive, right now. Meh.

Macavity seems to be stepping it up a bit. Huh.
KoC, I remain curious as to why you'd complain about the breadcrumb being passed over.
One thing that bugged me about Tar was, as someone said.. that was bread. Why would you post that obviously if you wanted to keep it hidden? In my experience, power roles are usually more concerned with keeping hidden than breadcrumbing.
Rishi's recent movement is a little odd. I wonder if he's been using me - FL as a way of avoiding comment on other matters. I haven't really reread with an eye to that, though. Meh, day 2.
I would not be remotely surprised if KoC was scum at this point. Not the play, though.

I would strongly suggest that Macavity and/or Grimmy think about claiming. I do think one of them is the lynch, right now. I'll probably flip a coin tomorrow as to my vote.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Elmo »

Oh! This double post wishes you a happy birthday, Fark.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by destructor »

Bumping vote count to next page.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”