Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

iamausername (1)
- andersonw
Elmo (1)
- forbiddanlight
MacavityLock (2)
- Tarhalindur, Flask of Pestilence
Grimmy (2)
- Rishi, iamausername
camn (1)
- MacavityLock
andersonw (1)
- Farkshinsoup
Flask of Pestilence (1)
- Knight of Cydonia

Not voting (3) - Grimmy, Elmo, camn

Seven
votes to lynch.

The is about 4 days away.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by camn »

Elmo wrote:A certain detail tugs at my mind.....But I am wondering precisely how a centurion would be able to gain information about a humanoid cylon..
A Cylon Raptor did some kind of Iris scan on one of the Final Five. . . maybe it's one of those type deals.
Flask of Pestilence wrote: Also, I'm a cylon who wants to join with humans; hopefully that's fairly obvious from Post 398.
(Patrick)
Patrick... why is it obvious in post 398? I don't see it.

Oh, and I am usually against this, but
VOTE: NOLYNCH

a) There is an even number of us. You guys know the odds.
b) We have little idea as to whats happening. We would practically be guessing at this point..
c) I don't even see a good INFO lynch...
d) The deadline is sneaking up on us.
e) I am perfectly willing to switch if someone brings a dynamite case. I might try, but I am still getting a feeling for you maniacs. :)
f) with all these replacements, it would be like a delayed night start...
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I think camn has a good point at the moment.

Unvote, Vote No Lynch
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I'm not liking the no lynch, I'm interested in what KoC has to say about recent developments. As encouragement,
unvote, vote: Knight of Cydonia
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:43 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Elmo wrote:A certain detail tugs at my mind:
battlestarwiki wrote:Furthermore, the Centurions are unable to distinguish one copy of humanoid Cylon from another.
I don't understand KoC's distinction between "make" and "model". But I am wondering precisely how a centurion would be able to gain information about a humanoid cylon.

His ability is confirmable, though. Hmm. What would that even mean?
I said I was allied to Natalie's/D'Anna's faction because in my role PM, it stated that I sought the peaceful alliance of humans and cylons - and the only cylon faction that has wanted that is Natalies/D'Anna's faction.

By "Make" and "Model", I assume that would mean I can differentiate between the Significant Seven, The Final Five (if any are present here), and between the various copies - which might suggest that there are multiple copies of some numbers.

Why did I claim? I felt it would be best to get my ability out in the open, so that I might have more information from people's reactions about who to use it on - I don't want to waste it, because it's one shot.

unvote; Vote: No lynch
because Grimmy has finally turned up, Flask has gone some way to explaining what I initially thought was a conflict of claims, but could be possible, and I see no other case that merits a lynch.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:07 am

Post by destructor »

I forgot to include it in the rules, but yes, voting for No Lynch is allowed.

Edit: I've added it as Rule 7.1.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Grimmy »

Im against a no lynch on the principle of it alone. It seems like a waste and gives the scum the first move. Id rather take a chance at lynching someone and learning what we can from there.

On another note:

General question for everyone who has not answered this:

Do you think it is possible to have more than one copy of any given number of a cylon? We have Fark and Flask claiming the same person, and in any other game, this would ring a number of alarms pointing to one of them being a lying scum. so,
Yes: it is likely to have multiple copies of number 2
No: one of them is lying.

Right now I beleive Im the only one who thinks that this is not likely. And I beleive we have two votes saying it is possible. Id have to go back to get an exact count, and I have some RL work to do, but I wanted to put this Q out there.

grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:42 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm actually not sure if they are the same person or if they are interpreting their roles too far. I wouldn't think it likely there is a copy, but I think those two are distinct roles, even if storywise they are the same person.

Kinda like Magic The Gathering, where a couple legendary creatures have two forms (i.e. Kamahl, Pit Fighter and Kamahl, Fist of Krosa (or something like that))
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:21 am

Post by iamausername »

I just thought of something interesting.
Farkshinsoup wrote:
Vote: Channeldelibird

unvote

vote: iamusername

Dude, your centurion is showing.
Fark, if you are a town-aligned cylon, why would you make this random vote?

Gonna go back and look for any more inconsistencies like this, since up until FL's claim, it seemed like everyone was assuming we had Humans = Town and Cylons = Scum, although maybe that was just me interpreting things this way because that was my assumption. And it doesn't make sense for town-aligned cylons to think this, wheras it would make sense for scum-aligned cylons, so if any of our claimed cylons were clearly making this assumption pre-claims, I think that may be a pretty big scumtell.

Obviously, this rests on our assumption that the scumgroup is Cavil's cylon faction being correct, but I can't think who else it could be that fits with the theme at all.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:48 am

Post by Elmo »

Iam, can you really not think of any good reason why he might post something like that?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:32 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Flask of Pestilence wrote:However, after Grimmy's rather surprising claim, I'm pretty sure at least of the cylon claimers is scum, because my PM suggests there's only five cylons in the game. Interesting indeed.

(Patrick)
Typo here, right? I assume you're saying here that "at least
one
of the cylon claimers is scum," yes? Given the multiple copies we now might be seeing, I'd like to ask how this particular clause of your PM was worded (don't get modkilled). Were you told that there are only 5 cylon players? Only 5 cylon models? Only 5 cylon human-form models?

Right now, again depending on what Grimmy is, this does not necessarily contradict the "only 5 cylon models" reading: 2 (FoP, Fark), 3 (forbiddan), 6 (ML), Centurion (KoC), Grimmy (Grimmy).
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Grimmy »

MacavityLock wrote:
Flask of Pestilence wrote:However, after Grimmy's rather surprising claim, I'm pretty sure at least of the cylon claimers is scum, because my PM suggests there's only five cylons in the game. Interesting indeed.

(Patrick)
Typo here, right? I assume you're saying here that "at least
one
of the cylon claimers is scum," yes? Given the multiple copies we now might be seeing, I'd like to ask how this particular clause of your PM was worded (don't get modkilled). Were you told that there are only 5 cylon players? Only 5 cylon models? Only 5 cylon human-form models?

Right now, again depending on what Grimmy is, this does not necessarily contradict the "only 5 cylon models" reading: 2 (FoP, Fark), 3 (forbiddan), 6 (ML), Centurion (KoC), 8 (Grimmy).
lets just get that part out of the way.

Im Sharon Agathon, series 8. From what ive read on the wiki, im a hot asian chick. Woo hoo. Im SO attracted to myself right now its not even funny...well yeah it is..but still...

Grimmy
testing his hot asian chick parts...this may take a while
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:48 am

Post by Flask of Pestilence »

Skimming quickly, I don't really understand the sudden attraction of no-lynching.
Macavity wrote:Typo here, right? I assume you're saying here that "at least one of the cylon claimers is scum," yes? Given the multiple copies we now might be seeing, I'd like to ask how this particular clause of your PM was worded (don't get modkilled). Were you told that there are only 5 cylon players? Only 5 cylon models? Only 5 cylon human-form models?
Yes, I meant to say at least one. My reason for thinking that is the reference to the final five cylons.

(Patrick)
[ooc][color=black]Don't let the cute, cuddly avatar deceive you.[/color][/ooc]
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:54 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Flask of Pestilence wrote:Skimming quickly, I don't really understand the sudden attraction of no-lynching.
Macavity wrote:Typo here, right? I assume you're saying here that "at least one of the cylon claimers is scum," yes? Given the multiple copies we now might be seeing, I'd like to ask how this particular clause of your PM was worded (don't get modkilled). Were you told that there are only 5 cylon players? Only 5 cylon models? Only 5 cylon human-form models?
Yes, I meant to say at least one. My reason for thinking that is the reference to the final five cylons.

(Patrick)
None of us have claimed Final Fivers. Can you please clarify?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:54 am

Post by camn »

Grimmy wrote:Im against a no lynch on the principle of it alone. It seems like a waste and gives the scum the first move. Id rather take a chance at lynching someone and learning what we can from there.
I am usually against it, too....

BUT..
a) statistically, a night start is more favorable to the town in a straight 12-person game than a day start. I know there is no reason to think that this is a straight game... but there it is.

b) Learning what? I am all for an info-lynch.. or a good scum-lynch.. but WHO? I am against lynching a claimed power role right now.. but we hardly have time to make a case, lay on some votes, wait for a claim, and assess its validity at this point.

c) the scum's night action will give us SOME info as to who is who, I think. At least as to what teams are actually playing!
Given the amount of replacements in this game.. and the general confusion regarding roles... I am for it this time.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

iam wrote:Fark, if you are a town-aligned cylon, why would you make this random vote?
Remember, I was uncertain at the start about exactly what team I was on. I didn't deliberately place that vote to seem "anti-cylon," if that's what you're implying. There wasn't a lot of deep thought there, it mostly just seemed amusing to me that your av is an actual centurion, so that's where I put my vote during the random stage.

I will say that it did not seem like a good idea at the time to proclaim my cylon status - I wanted to wait and see.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

oh, and
unvote
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:50 am

Post by camn »

Iam... that is a pretty awesome catch.

That, combined with the double #2 claim...
FOS: Fark.

It is like, racial-distancing.
Plus he got counterclaimed.
I'm not ready to lynch him just yet... but that IS suspect.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

camn, if I was a non-cylon deliberately trying to mislead back in my first post, why would I fake claim as a specific cylon model when I had no pressure on me, and no reason to do so?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:52 am

You did have pressure on you. I specifically stated I would take it as a big scumtell if a Cylon DIDN'T claim make and model. And that was your reason to do so - to try and avoid a Centurion iris-scan.
unvote
for now until I can think properly - I'm spitting out a mouthful of blood from my wisdom tooth breaching my gums as I type this, and it's a little distracting.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

You're right, I misspoke. The second part of my claim (model #) came after you called for that info. I answered not because I was worried about being caught in a lie, but because putting that info out there seemed innocuous enough. So let me re-phrase my last question to camn: if I was a non-cylon deliberately trying to mislead back in my first post, why would I originally fake claim as a cylon when I had no pressure on me, and no reason to do so?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:17 am

Post by camn »

Who is saying you are a non-cylon?

You could be Cavil, and fake-claimed #2 because you figure everyone would think Cavil is scum. Or, you could be cylon-aligned-scum-human.. like Balthar or someone.

It's the distancing that is scummy. The details are up to you.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:26 am

Also, Fark - it seems like you've gone through the whole day so far just putting votes on to get people to talk, or putting them on and taking them off pretty damn quickly as soon as even a mild retort looks like coming your way. Explain?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Ok, I see your point, and I see how my vote for the guy with the centurion av could be seen as a strategy to appear non-cylon. I wasn't really thinking about any of this when I voted him. I can't really defend it.

To be honest camn, I'd rather you lynched me than vote no-lynch, if that's what it comes down to. Of course, I'd much rather we lynched someone else entirely, but you know, if it comes to that, I'll fall on my sword.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:32 am

Okay, I'll bite on this.
Vote: Frakshinsoup

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”