Scummies 2008 Nominations! (Deadline: 1/15)

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by destructor »

Nominate:
Awesome Pants

Award:
Funniest Role Claim

Game
: Newbie 516

He got caught as scum after claiming to be doc who protected himself, but it was his admission that had me laughing out loud.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by destructor »

They definitely don't deserve an award, but that was hilarious because it was so bad.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #2) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:31 am

Post by destructor »

I get a feeling AP's got a good chance of taking this one out since he was nominated, seconded, thirded and fourthed once before. So what's the count now? I think it's up to being tenthed. Nice.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:13 am

Post by destructor »

Second Guardian for Best Replacement

Even thought we didn't win, it took a lot of work to turn things around as much as he did. He revitalised the game, as least for me, and like Bab said, I think it was his play that bought scum so close to a win after being so far from it.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by destructor »

Incognito wrote:
Nominate:
Elmo, destructor, and farside22.
Award:
Leonidas award.
Game:
Mini 664 - AoaDA

Details:
farside22 pretty much had two of the three scum nailed on Day 1 upon replacing in. Elmo-Cop and destructor-Vanilla Town collaborated during Day 2 to further pursue the case against the two scum and eventually seemed to bring their way towards discovering the third scum as well through excellent scum-hunting tactics, good questioning, and imaginative thinking. The game went sour only when Elmo counterclaimed thinktank-Cop during Day 2 after initially contemplating the possibility of a double cop set-up due to the game mechanic (he was right though he didn't know it at the time, obv). During Day 3, Elmo had a guilty on one of the three scum, but the town didn't buy his explanation of there being a double cop set-up, and he was lynched costing the town the game. farside22, Elmo, and destructor seemed to be in a mind-meld the whole game and did a nice job of demonstrating what good, concentrated scum-hunting and strong pro-town play can do to completely break a game open for the town.
No disrespect to farside, but I think Elmo deserves this more than either of us. He was right about 2/3 scum and 100% correct about everyone he thought was town, which is what I think set his play apart from the rest. The way he was going, I'm sure he would have caught the last scum too.

Second Elmo for Leonidas Award
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by destructor »

Nominate:
Adel

Award:
Most Enjoyable Game (Large [free market/normal])

Game:
Crakers! Mafia

There were never any real periods of inactivity, the pacing was great, the setup was stimulating. I think we all had a lot of fun.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by destructor »

I should also mention that there were only two replacements. One of them was ZazieR, who requested replacement from the mod early in Day 1, and the other was SensFan, who was replaced due to inactivity in Day 3. Both replacing players - populartajo and forbiddanlight - were active and involved.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by destructor »

I've IC'd one Newbie game, and that was with Mirth, who was awesome. If she played other Newbie games to a similar standard, I think she would definitely deserve the Scummie for Best IC.

Nominate:
Mirth

Award:
Best IC

Game:
Newbie 606, etc.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”