Mafia 88- Return to New Catania- Game Over!

GeorgeCarlin
GeorgeCarlin
Townie
GeorgeCarlin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:12 am

Post by GeorgeCarlin »

Hoopla wrote:
vote: no lynch

obvscum
Don't like this. Although the random voting stage isn't particularly vital, it can often help jumpstart conversation, get reactions going, etc. This vote provides no information to the town that can be discussed later, such as voting patterns, etc. In addition, it provides very little discussion or reacting by itself, while votes on a player can help create reactions, and start conversation.

In fact, I find that depriving the town of information, even information this small, to be somewhat scummy. Although it's more definately not a solid case, it's a start, and I feel that this has more potential to get the conversation going than simply ignoring it and random voting. Therefore,

Vote: Hoopla
GeorgeCarlin
GeorgeCarlin
Townie
GeorgeCarlin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by GeorgeCarlin »

Hoopla wrote:
GeorgeCarlin wrote: Don't like this. Although the random voting stage isn't particularly vital,
it can often help jumpstart conversation, get reactions going, etc
. This vote provides no information to the town that can be discussed later.....

(more words)
vote: GeorgeCarlin
Thank you for taking the comment out of context. Let's look at the comment that you quoted, while examining the entirety of the post.
GeorgeCarlin wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
vote: no lynch

obvscum
Don't like this.
Although the random voting stage isn't particularly vital, it can often help jumpstart conversation, get reactions going, etc.
This vote provides no information to the town that can be discussed later,
You quoted this, denoting ellipsis which states that the post continues, yet you cut my post off in the middle of a sentence, the rest of it being particularly vital.
GeorgeCarlin wrote:
such as voting patterns, etc.
In addition, it provides very little discussion or reacting by itself, while votes on a player can help create reactions, and start conversation.
By voting no lynch, what you did was make a vote that won't be able to really provide much information to the town, due to how obviously jokey it was. Although it's not neccesarily vital information for the town, random voting could help later on down the road. You are, therefore, depriving the town of information. Your vote, in fact, consisted of nothing more than half-baked OMGUS based on quote-mining.

Another important part of my post is the use of the phrase "by itself". Although your vote may start discussion due to others commenting on how scummy the vote is, and create reactions, by itself it does not give the town any information to analyze so that they can learn more about your alignment. And that is something that I feel, especially this early in the game, is extremely important.

The quote was clearly talking about the random voting stage in general, and was saying that your vote was the exception, when examined in context.
Sobeahero wrote:Bandwagons are fun! (That and I agree with the whole 'no lynch is bad' sentamant.)

Vote: Hoopla
Out of curiousity, what do you personally believe will come out of this wagon? Why did you choose to hop onto an avenue already being persued, rather than examine the reactions of other players by casting your vote in their directly?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”