Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4226 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i find my voice and vote much more powerful than a supposed "power" role >:)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6020 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:24 am

Post by DkKoba »

im sorry that shining a spotlight accurately on your play thus fwr tilts you but it doesn't make you town.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6208 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:37 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5900, schadd_ wrote:

vote count 3.7 !

Enchant (3):
catboi, Galron, Mare
catboi (2):
Enchant, Kaiji
no execution (2):
Alyssa The Lamb, Something_Smart

not voting (2):
Datisi, skitter30

9 are alive, and it takes 5 votes to reevaluate someone's considerations. day 3 ends in (expired on 2022-01-30 12:30:00)

other ideas
  • galron replaces andante
    - set the deadline 48hr after this post
  • did you know that skitter30 is vla on fridays and saturdays?
  • did you know that datisi is vla on tuesdays and thursdays?
  • and kaiji is vla until sunday
Oh deadline expired
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6209 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:38 am

Post by DkKoba »

I think enchant might do well to check SS here btw.
Would be very a useful check
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6210 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:48 am

Post by DkKoba »

Ok wrong account again but:
Mare and galeon on enchant or ur throwing
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7037 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

skitter pulling this arguement after calling me scum for how i treated enchant is actaully kinda hmm tho
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7158 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:21 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4650, schadd_ wrote:

vote count 3.1 !

Menalque (2):
Andante, Alyssa The Lamb
Andante (1):
Mare
Alyssa The Lamb (1):
skitter30

not voting (5):
catboi, Menalque, Something_Smart, Kaiji, Datisi

9 are alive, and it takes 5 votes to reevaluate someone's considerations. day 3 ends in (expired on 2022-01-30 04:45:00)

other ideas
In post 4900, schadd_ wrote:

vote count 3.2 !

Menalque (1):
Andante
Andante (1):
Mare
catboi (1):
skitter30
skitter30 (1):
catboi

not voting (5):
Menalque, Something_Smart, Datisi, Alyssa The Lamb, Kaiji

9 are alive, and it takes 5 votes to reevaluate someone's considerations. day 3 ends in (expired on 2022-01-30 04:45:00)

other ideas
In post 4898, schadd_ wrote:
In post 4841, Something_Smart wrote:
@mod do you allow mafia members to submit actions for their partners
yes
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7172 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

my go to when pressured btw is not to respond when scum - it's to ignore. even in lategame -> here is an example:

retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7485 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:26 am

Post by DkKoba »

skitter, i'm not sure what I did in the realm of the game of mafia that was "deeply unpleasant" to you that is unacceptable to play with, other than the fact that being tunneled sucks in general. If you can point me to any examples of where I crossed a line, feel free to and I will try to improve in the future as I have been trying to over the past couple of years.

anyways, to catboi: i had you fucker

to alyssa: was nice to work with you, we had a piece of the puzzle each by the end and almost had it, just had our 1 shared piece incorrect

to SS: >.> i should have forced your lim on d2

to sircakez: sorry for being hasty and getting u mislimmed :(

to andante: ik its tough when we're TvT but you did well. someday we will find eachother as town and mess things up!!

to datisi: give me trust >:(

to mwb: sorry for pushing you, it was a dead game and hard to find concrete foses lol

to mare: *twirls hair* shame we couldnt be neighbors :(
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7503 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:44 am

Post by DkKoba »

imma be honest and say that some of the early pushes i made were strategic in removing inactive low effort people that i just had low in my PoE with less critical thought on if theyre town because like .. even if we mislim a couple times its better to have actives alive then inactives
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7504 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:45 am

Post by DkKoba »

thus explaining that post hammer moment of "oh cakez was actually towny as fuck lol"
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7510 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:07 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 7506, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7500, Kaiji wrote:
In post 7495, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7485, DkKoba wrote:skitter, i'm not sure what I did in the realm of the game of mafia that was "deeply unpleasant" to you that is unacceptable to play with, other than the fact that being tunneled sucks in general. If you can point me to any examples of where I crossed a line, feel free to and I will try to improve in the future as I have been trying to over the past couple of years.
Spoiler:
I found you refusing to interact with me because you scumread me to be quite unpleasant, demoralizing, and basically the point where i recognized the game would be a loss

You had a variety of posts on day4 that were almost mocking, rude, and were almost trying to piss me off
Spoiler:
i recognize the refusal to interact is a thing i still fall back on when frustrated making a push and thinking im being manipulated to look scummy. I know you're the archaetype of scum player to absolutely make someone twist their words and use them against them as scum and I was afraid of the scenario where you'd use that to make me a game ending mislim. I did not mean anything mockingly/rude, I apologize if it came off that way. I'm still working on that kind of stuff, which I've very majorly improved on the past year alone since I was banned last year.
Spoiler:
i mean sure, if i'm scum i probably would, but if i' town (and i was town!) it meant to me that if you were town it would be a loss (and it was) since i:

- would have a very, very, very hard time recognizing town-you
- would have no oppurtunity to change your mind on scum-me, since you wouldnt let me

And being unable to do anything about that for like two weeks since you wouldnt even entertain what i had to say was more than a little bit frustrating.

I had ro get alyssa to ask my questions for me to get you to even acknowledge what i had to say at some point. I find this to be against the spirit of the game, and just unpleasant to play with, and its not something i want to do again

I also *hate* being strongarmed into voting

I also found these sorts of posts to be inceredibly distasteful, dismissive, mocking, and rude. It was pissing me off, and other people told you that it was unpleasant, and you continued:

In post 6701, Kaiji wrote:Scumcase against me: I pushed catboi over enchant

i've seen better scumcases in newbies, and the players presenting this have BoP :)

i do love when scum tell on themselves.
In post 6709, Kaiji wrote:
In post 6703, skitter30 wrote:You're frustrating me greatly rn

And that's a gross reduction of what i've been saying
I'm sorry that your scum tricks don't work against my slot - I sympathize since in my recent completed games I had to deal with a few slots that didn't fall for some of my tricks myself. But remember, you just need to convince *2 townies* and catboi is already convinced mostly so gl gl :)
In post 6717, Kaiji wrote:
In post 6710, skitter30 wrote:
In post 6707, Kaiji wrote:Note - not a shred of analysis of why. Just repeating "awful" multiple times.

This is not a player trying to solve my alignment. This is a player trying to gaslight the other players into believing their narrative.
Note - not a shred of analysis of why. Just repeating 'skitter is scim' multiple times

This is not a player trying to solve my aligbment. This is a player trying to gaslight the other players into believing their narrative

~

I can throw this right back at you, stop acting all holier than thou like you've got a great scumcase on me that's more than just 'skitter is scum' because that's apparently conveninwnt for you to push rn

You're ignoring that i've already laid out my issues with your play today (which you've never addressed), and are curiouslu not calling dats or catboi scum for making the same exact points as me, for no reason other than it doesnt fit your agenda apparently

This reads like baseless nonsense
Please keep instigating me - I've lacked the WIM to go through your ISO and case you for a while and it's been itching at me. :lol:

The scumcase is more of things you *lack* in your posts which is hard to quanitfy - something players who aren't straight up garbage as scum are able to do, lie by omission - and my main case is that your ISO *lacks* analysis and critical thinking that you display as town. I have no issues with my play and you know very well I'm well within my townrange (:

Also - I do please invite you to give proof of catboi and datisi making the same posts as you. (meanwhile I am seeing what alyssa is seeing now from datisi). Catboi is approaching this with honesty and has ceded lack of confidence after I provided counterevidence(he won't argue back and forth with me beacuse last time we were both town and I tried to argue myself into why I was town he just kinda dug himself deeper into the conclusion I was scum rofl). You can claim something different is the same by removing nuance and critical thought but it won't change reality <3
In post 6729, Kaiji wrote:awe need to kill me before night kill analysis starts pointing against me and towards you, cute <3
In post 6732, Kaiji wrote:remember when skitter said that if the vig is confirmed scum then that means I slipped non-TMI? good times ;)

i remember things people say dw
In post 6733, Kaiji wrote:
In post 6731, skitter30 wrote:*deep breath*

*deep breath*

*deep breath*
hey i did this exact type of performative nonsense in my last scum game hahah

its funny how we have similarities in our scumgames i like it.
ok ngl i did forget i was like that and thats my b

i'll work on it.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7522 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:39 am

Post by DkKoba »

re: people talking about not being able to keep up as town :

try to just focus on the recent activity strictly and then go from there. i myself did this when replacing in, and then referenced the content i missed over time when needed by doing ISO searches.

you dont need the whole game, you just need the meaty part of the conversations.
at worst, if you say something that is wrong/out of date, they can correct you and you'll be able to have a specfic area to reread to update yourself.

If everyone did this, it would make players who struggle to keep up help raise the overall townplay.

tl;dr: use the iso tool and only read recent stuff to stay at least somewhat relevant. it also helps when youre town to show you are trying to stay engaged and are helping contribute to a solve. if you have a part wrong because you didnt read it, another player in the game can always quote you and correct you.

that being said, there should be a tool to only see posts where people quoted you. that would be cool.

I have been doing this in games i replace into that have significant content and it's worked well (i was 2/3 correct on scum most of the game and even reached a proper PoE at the end without ever reading much of day 1)

Highly recommended.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7529 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 7526, Prism wrote:I have a few postgame comments.

1. It is astounding to me how the first reaction of the postgame is for all 4 players to discuss how it wasn't really their fault, it was everyone else's.

Generally this speaks for itself. It is impressive to me that the loss was no one's fault, especially with such a passive scumteam and two losing votes from town players. Building coalitions is one of the most crucial elements of the game. If one of your 450 posts suggested the right team or close to it, congratulations, may it comfort you til your dying days.

2. Cakez's inactivity was a detriment to the town and elims like his were good for the game.

Cakez had the single best set of reads in the game. He's Cakez but he was better this game than you, whoever you might be. He gave plenty of content and is a tough read but is absolutely not the party responsible for losing the game.

3. Town's draft phase was terrible.

Town had the top 7 picks. The two best roles (cop and vig) went undrafted. Andante had a fundamental misunderstanding, Mare wanted to have fun, but collectively we failed massively. Speaking a bit for my own choice, I put a lot of thought into it. I intentionally aimed for the middle with the idea of grabbing a niche role. I wanted a low-power but decisive PR to both
dodge
a night 1 kill and force a kill later in the game, and by "dodge" I mean "heavily disincentivize". By going after a claimed low-power PR, scum leaves PR, tracker, JK, etc. on the table, but by saving the shot for later day I become essentially a forced NK.

4. That Pooky strategic replace-out was garbage.

I already took him to task for this in the dead thread but I stuck to play and that replaceout was 100% salt over getting caught. Townreading the replace-out over treating it as null as my own mistake, but I remain salty over replacing out because you are upset at getting (correctly) pushed.
i literally admitted i had blame in rushing but sure.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7536 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

next time there will be no fear on n3 vig or venge, just straight up pretend they dont exist in those situations lol
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7537 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:56 am

Post by DkKoba »

thats the biggest thing that as a collective would have bought enough time(a mislim) to win the game.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7539 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

we should have collaborated more once we townread eachother :P
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7541 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

except uh not in the skitter voting way which we ended up doing
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7545 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by DkKoba »

solving alyssa as town and cross referencing that with d1 EoD wagons was how i reached my PoE at the end so yeet
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7547 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

yeah actually finding alyssa town was the key to solving the entire game lol
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7560 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

oh no you will be able to get away with it again, I know from experience LOL
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7562 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

he literally did this same shit in a large normal on the account bloodhail like last year

its repeatable and works.

i probably should have brought that game up
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7565 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 7564, Ydrasse wrote:no content no gods just vibewaves to victory
neighbor me next time >:(
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7569 (isolation #23) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:37 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 7568, catboi wrote:
In post 7562, DkKoba wrote:he literally did this same shit in a large normal on the account bloodhail like last year

its repeatable and works.

i probably should have brought that game up
1. that was an alt

2. that wasn't apathy, that was playing to an uncaring troll meta, and i did that for a day, then rode off a bus of T3 to shove eliminations on save the dragons and you (admittedly, I thought you were one of our traitors that game and I was bussing you)
similar enough parallels of using slank to avoid scumreads
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7578 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

well shit if scum actually killed skitter or me liked they discussed town might have actually won off of that

killing me makes alyssa look better because .. killing your main supporter when if you're scum youre in deep shit looks terrible

killing skitter well, that just resolves my own PoE and I basically hardshove catboi

ah well. lowkey SS mvp of the scumteam
retired

Return to “Completed Open Games”