Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (isolation #200) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Jacket »

In post 964, Jacket wrote:VOTE: Looker

Three sucks. Obnoxious player. Not dealing with them again.
In post 966, Jacket wrote:
In post 965, Nathann wrote:
In post 964, Jacket wrote:VOTE: Looker
Weren't you thinking the slot isn't scum? Is that for the hammer, or should I stop being lazy and actually read?
I was changing m mind toward the end of yesterday seeing as he was providing almost nothing to the game, and the hammer sealed it.

At least there was only one death.
In post 1017, Jacket wrote:Dragons as confirmed town makes me feel significantly better about my vote on Looker.
In post 1023, Jacket wrote:
In post 996, Scorpious wrote:Sorry, holiday weekend then returning to email hell at work.

RH9, and Nathann are my scum reads .
STD could be whatever. No ideas how one would read that.
Looker and Jacket are my towns.

VOTE: RH9
Why looker?
In post 1027, Jacket wrote:Scorp having me as town now is weird given previous days but don't see why he lets up on the read unless I'm stupidly pocketed.

Reread of Nathann says I don't have any great reason to townread him here, doesn't have anything anti-asociative with Galron. Posts are fine but nothing unfakeable. Still more confident on Looker, though.
In post 1077, Jacket wrote:
In post 1067, Looker wrote:No, the key piece I was suspicious of was the "A PR wouldn't be claiming VT here". I think that's the only difference in our initial approaches. Lol having to trust people's words is exciting. If it's not STD, then I think it's Jacket - coming for me for not contributing when STD previously had no justification for such a lackluster ISO is madness.
I said it was between you and STD. STD claimed PR. You also had the "accidental" hammer yesterday.
In post 1112, Jacket wrote:You should be voting Looker, or, failing that, Nathann. I' not sure about all of Scorp's case but the way he called out Galron a bit but didn't really push it does look like distancing.
In post 1135, Jacket wrote:
In post 1134, Looker wrote:Accepting STD's claim without scrutiny feels like TMI to me.
There literally has to be a vig, that's not TMI. Awful post.
In post 1136, Jacket wrote:Does
anyone
think there is a reasonable chance Looker is town? We have 5 non-clear people, 3 antitown in that group, no one has given an actual reason to townread him but people are dancing around giving a read on him and pushing elsewhere
In post 1154, Jacket wrote:
In post 1142, Nathann wrote:Kinda funny how Jacket sees me and Scorpious in a pretty much locked 1v1, and goes "we could yeet Looker tho". The fact that he'd sooner put me as Looker's buddy than Scorpious, even when that would mean that I have been bussing for no reason for The Whole Game, is concerning. If I'm wrong on Scoprious being not mafia, that's his partner right there.
FMPOV there's only one other town among you, why would I not want to go for my most confident read?
In post 1182, Jacket wrote:
In post 1175, RCEnigma wrote:Std's stance is known, my stances are known. There was an entire day for the two remaining town to move towards a resolution and instead it was spent with a back and forth between the two slots that the confirmed town don't want elimmed here.

SKs interest is to vote against scum. Especially if their BP was struck already but that's only a minor issue compared to losing town majority to scum who have agency with the nightkill.
and I'm sitting here fucking begging them to vote fucking Looker and neither of them budges. What the hell are you expecting to happen?
I literally never post all this if I'm mafia with Looker. Doesn't happen. Especially the last few posts. Especially when no one else seemed interested in voting him for some reason. Sucks that I miscleared Scorpious, but the odds were always going to be against getting it exactly right.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (isolation #201) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by Jacket »

If I were in your shoes I'd wait for the other person to respond. I halfway want to see what he comes up with given that he supposedly "randomly" voted me.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (isolation #202) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by Jacket »

In post 1467, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1431, Jacket wrote:I don't think you're scum.
If he don’t think I’m scum, and you are town, like you are..Just end this RH9..
Obviously I know you're scum now. Disingenuous as fuck to act like my posts before RH9 posted represent what I think now.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (isolation #203) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by Jacket »

In post 1470, Scorpious wrote:There is ZERO town motivation in his posts.
Lol, okay. So you post this implying you're not really sure:
In post 1428, Scorpious wrote:Fuck it. I almost flipped a coin.

VOTE: Jacket

YOLO and GG however it turns out.

And now there's zero town motivation in my posts. You're reaching.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (isolation #204) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:14 pm

Post by Jacket »

Scorpious completely ignored and because he's desperate scum who is incapable of coming up with a real counterargument so he's resorting to saying stuff like "I know I'm town". I have been wrong on a lot of stuff this game but this is beyond blatant right now.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (isolation #205) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:30 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1484, RH9 wrote:Scorpious, what do you think of Jacket's case on you in ? Explain which out of those posts you don't make as scum.
And Jacket, do the same for the case in excluding the posts you already said that you wouldn't post as Looker's scumbuddy.
Pretty sure those are all posts I quoted. And again, that all makes it really obvious I'm not mafia with Looker, and Scorp's only argument for it is that it's "uncanny" how much I bring him up, which makes literally no sense.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (isolation #206) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1485, RH9 wrote:By the way, guys, what do you think of SM's series of posts? The posts in question are 80, 122, 205, 324 and 624.
I don't have much to say about most of them. 205 looks like distancing although that's easy for me to say now with hindsight.
In post 1485, RH9 wrote:And what do you think of SF's 139?
Hadn't read her posdts before. Seems pretty obviously unaligned with Galron though given that bussing the only mafia PR day 1 would be a terrible idea.
In post 1485, RH9 wrote:How about this series of posts by Scorpious? The posts in question are 66, 72, 86, 87, 93, 95, 96, 102, 124, 223, 231, 235 and 239.
I'm not going to clim any of the early interaction stuff is really obvious. It fooled me, and it's not like my read on SM was much better. I guess the key is that there's never any real pressure on Scorpious from Galron, they snipe at each other a little but there's never actually a serious effort by either to get the other killed, it reads like a play-fight if anything.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (isolation #207) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:38 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1487, Scorpious wrote:dude, just vote.

I'm not doing homework,I've made more than enough reasoning why Jacket is scum. If you haven't made up your mind yet, flip a coin.
He has absolutely nothing and is dodging answering to try to rush your decision. This is beyond blatant.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (isolation #208) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:16 am

Post by Jacket »

He probably was killed due to being the serial killer.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (isolation #209) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:29 am

Post by Jacket »

Nathann did say he was going to aim for scum. I assume scorp took him at his word. Possibly he was afraid Nathann would kill him.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (isolation #210) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:03 am

Post by Jacket »

Sorry y'all.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (isolation #211) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Jacket »

And apologies to Three and RCE - didn't really mean that stuff I said. Was just trying to look the part.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1537 (isolation #212) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Jacket »

In post 1526, RCEnigma wrote:nothing good comes of being IC lol. especially if most of your game is reading off interactions and gambits.

i feel bad about semi throwing endgame but i was on tilt.

also feel bad letting that elim go through on three, i knew he was town and should have steered that wagon off a cliff.

gg to all though.
It's not really your fault. You could have stood to act sooner, but the same goes for the whole town, and you had a correct vote on me, just that no one followed. (sorry for getting nasty. Just wanted to scare people off from voting you). Having the deadline be on a holiday really was pretty unfair for town.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1543 (isolation #213) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:28 pm

Post by Jacket »

In post 1540, Galron wrote:GG

Gj jacket and looker & strange matter. Looked did a good job of disassot with jacket.

I really wa not expecting to get chopped N1. It was a good setup and I wanted to play.

Thanks for the game Cook. Good modding.
Yeah, Looker kept it cool while I was getting a bit on edge. Felt bad I wasn't around when we had the opportunity to hammer Nathann (Nathann played a great game, by the way - probably would have won if we hadn't shot him for being too townie).

I wasn't expecting you to die either. Really messed me up because I was playing around the possibility of you being the one going deep.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1544 (isolation #214) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Jacket »

Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (isolation #215) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:17 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1546, Three wrote:Sigh. Just another game where I catch scum but get voted out instead, and town let's the caught scum endgame because they threw a fit for a literal straight month and nobody wanted to deal with it. From now on I'm just going to policy elim anyone who does this because it's getting kind of old.

GG, and thanks for modding Cook.
I will be blunt: You had a correct read, but for entirely incorrect reasoning. Don't forget that your entire basis for the initial read was that Scorpious and I were distancing from each other, which was untrue. Have a little humility and remember that you weren't exactly perfect. Take a look in the mirror before blaming others here.

Your logic was absurdly poor, and it made it incredibly easy to argue against you and get you eliminated. Having correct reads is only part of the game. The other part is convincing people, and if you make weak/fallacious arguments, scum are going to focus on debating those points to make you look bad. Demanding I disprove your argument that I was scum with Scorpious was laughably bad and I would've trashed you as town too. If you'd kept your points simpler and less outlandish, it might have been more persuasive.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (isolation #216) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:56 am

Post by Jacket »

I tore you apart, you had a meltdown, selfvoted, and got eliminated. I endgamed because you're bad at arguing and no one cared about your opinion. You lost pretty hard.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (isolation #217) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:57 am

Post by Jacket »

If you can't discard your overblown ego you're going to continue to fail in exactly the same manner. Any skilled scum player is going to run circles around you in an argument.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (isolation #218) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1555, Three wrote:
In post 1551, Jacket wrote:I tore you apart, you had a meltdown, selfvoted, and got eliminated. I endgamed because you're bad at arguing and no one cared about your opinion. You lost pretty hard.
You literally do anything? I self voted to take us both out but town refused to follow through. You end gamed because you threatened to scream at and blacklist anyone who voted you.
In post 1552, Jacket wrote:If you can't discard your overblown ego you're going to continue to fail in exactly the same manner. Any skilled scum player is going to run circles around you in an argument.
Literally what ego. I proved you were scum and town ignored it because you made OOG threats. The revisionist history here is appalling but I don't expect anything different after seeing how you acted this entire game.
I played up my frustration at RCE and called him a bad player who I didn't want to play with. That's not the same as threatening a blacklist (and he was already voting me anyway), and I didn't do it to anyone else. Faking that frustration is a valid tool. Maybe went a little over the top but I don't think it was a deciding factor.

You lost, because you played very badly. You don't have bad instincts (well, maybe) but your charisma is virtually nonexistant. I'm just trying to help you out. Self-improvement starts with recognizing where you went wrong. But if you want to be a spoilsport and cry about how it's everyone else's fault, go ahead.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (isolation #219) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:38 am

Post by Jacket »

Anyway, I'm done. No more ranting from me.

Thanks for the game, Cook. Although I wish it hadn't taken me several hours to actually get my role PM.

Return to “Completed Open Games”