catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:04 am

Post by catboi »

Mad Scientist
26/04/21 catboi Chara The Binding of Isaac Mafia There were a lot of interesting roles in this closed smalltown setup, but I'm nominating this for the Eve role in particular. When eliminated, the Eve role opens a PT with the player of their choosing, designating them as her Raven. The game then enters a special twilight phase where a new elimination is chosen by the Raven. The elimination can be on Eve still if the Raven so chooses. he catch comes in that the Raven is not allowed to post in the PT. This created a fascinating dynamic where I had to read and evaluate the trustworthiness of the Eve player, Costello, while not being able to speak to them directly. We wound up communicating in veiled codes to get my intentions across. Having a one-way line of communication open was an interesting challenge and that it was tied to such a strong role, whose power was alignment-neutral, was a great invention that made the game a memorable experience.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by catboi »

I was actually told that role was tweaked by chara, it can be a co-nom, Idk
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by catboi »

I think the rules still only count stuff that ended within the calendar year, not the nomination period? which of course is kind of goofy given the game's timespan, but it is what it is
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by catboi »

Rising Star
07/01/21 catboi Roden In a very short time on site, Roden has assembled a very impressive resume as a scum player. In Newbie 2066, he took the game to 3p ELO and only lost there because he wound up cornered by experienced replacements undoing his work. SInce then, he's taken his team to victory 4 times, in Newbie 2070, Newbie 2073, Newbie 2076, and Newbie 2080. Twice he's endgamed after losing his partner on day 1. He's already able to write smooth, natural-sounding posts and rarely encounters suspicion, which is even more impressive since he came to the site with no mafia experience. Normally learning how to post well as scum is a hurdle most new players take some time in overcoming, and he's already surpassed it.

I have less experience with his town game, but from what I've seen it's solid and he frequently ends up as a nightkill target for scum. Again, for someone with no prior mafia experience, he's good at making logical arguments and has decent instincts, often voting scum. I expect his town game is only going to get stronger with more time.

edit: changed to use the proper form
Last edited by catboi on Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:44 am

Post by catboi »

Don Corleone
07/01/22 catboi PookyTheMagicalBear Not one, but TWO utterly improbable come from behind wins where he survived losing his entire team early to win in F3, first in Gensokyo (as Sanae), then in Pokemon Large Theme, where pulled off a risky gambit by vigging his teammate on night 1 and rode the cred from that to endgame. A single one of those games would be a signature win, two in the same year is absolutely remarkable. Additionally, was part of the scumteam that bullied their way to a sweep in TENET.

"Pooky is very good at not getting limmed no matter how scummy he seems" - Infinity 324, Micro 1005: Help Isis, Scholarship Student at Noon
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:54 am

Post by catboi »

In post 130, Cephrir wrote:SCP upick belongs in that roden nom too.
wasn't as familiar with the game, saw you giving him credit in postgame but GIF hasn't released the scum PT *COUGH* so I can't see the planning that went on

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”