Micro 1030: I tell you what I'm doing | Mafia Wins!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:44 am

Post by toxictaipan »

I was wondering how long it would take to get me dragged into this before posting.

Save the Dragon, I'll go on strike with you. What are we striking against?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:43 am

Post by toxictaipan »

VOTE: DkKoba
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:57 am

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 27, DkKoba wrote:
In post 25, toxictaipan wrote:VOTE: DkKoba
mad cuz bad
Solid come back. You're the one with a vote still up for a "conftown" player per your own statement. I would have expected an unvote if you weren't scum.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:10 am

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 30, DkKoba wrote:VOTE: toxic
Explain your intentions/thoughts process - HONESTLY - now. If you dont I'll consider you scumslipped.
Sure, but you first since you're projecting.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:24 am

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 32, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 28, toxictaipan wrote:Solid come back. You're the one with a vote still up for a "conftown" player per your own statement. I would have expected an unvote if you weren't scum.
why an unvote instead of a vote for enchant, if they're the only person not covered by the conftown statement? were you aware of this part?
Fair point, but I will argue that it was a mis-play either way on DkKoba's part.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:37 am

Post by toxictaipan »

In all honesty the only thing I was trying to accomplish was to end the P1 randomness posts. I despise it, but understand why it happens. I hate when it drags on for 2 or 3 pages. I would like to point out how I managed to get us on track drumming up some actual discussion, so I'm content now. That being said, I still don't have a better hunch on scum at this point.

I left myself open with a self-admitted hint at lurking in my first post which would have been low hanging fruit for an actual scum hunter to glean a read from, but Dk went another direction. My vote stays for now.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:54 am

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 43, DkKoba wrote:hey toxic - regardless of your alignment - most people at this table have meta on me - and they are saying what i've said so far is NAI (correct) - if you THINK you know better than them, you are big Wrong and a clown.

now dialogue with me instead of pretending like you're better than me
I've never been a huge fan of meta, but ok. I'm playing this game not the last game. That's just a personal opinion, though.

How do you feel about Hockey's vote on Save The Dragon?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 46, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
toxictaipan wrote: I've never been a huge fan of meta, but ok. I'm playing this game not the last game. That's just a personal opinion, though.
is that why you didn't give out anything from ?
i
try
to use meta well earlygame in the absence of information and it's only failed me once in my wonderfully short history
To be perfectly honest, I'm not 100% tracking with what you're getting at in 37.
In post 47, DkKoba wrote:
In post 45, toxictaipan wrote:
In post 43, DkKoba wrote:hey toxic - regardless of your alignment - most people at this table have meta on me - and they are saying what i've said so far is NAI (correct) - if you THINK you know better than them, you are big Wrong and a clown.

now dialogue with me instead of pretending like you're better than me
I've never been a huge fan of meta, but ok. I'm playing this game not the last game. That's just a personal opinion, though.

How do you feel about Hockey's vote on Save The Dragon?
I think its a bit silly but is NAI for hockey from my vibes because of personality.
Okay. I appreciate your response. I'm not knocking anyone for using meta although I personally don't, but I would like you to understand that I can't just take your word or anyone else's for everything because you've played with these people before and I haven't. You're going to need to start referring to this game at some point.
In post 49, Save The Dragons wrote: but i don't know if i like the energy toxic is giving off.
That's okay. I'm not asking you to. I don't mind stirring the pot as town at the start of the game to drum up some actual discussion. If I die a martyr then at least we've got the game going and have some info to go off of later. I win with town regardless.
In post 64, Save The Dragons wrote:many of the best mafia players have cheated? :lol:

i'm really unlikely to read a game, much less one off site
Seriously this. Like, I've been disinterested enough that I haven't played a game in almost a decade. If anyone thinks I'm about to go read a bunch of past games to study each player, I have a bridge to sell ya.

I kinda have this mental image of Dk playing this game through a pair of binoculars from 50 yards away referencing a jumbled note pad of how reads should be read based on
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

....past games. Sorry hit submit on accident (on mobile).
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

Dk, I was describing my mental image of your playstyle, not directly accusing you of anything. Also I haven't claimed once that I have more experience than you or alluded to my start date. I'm rusty, so what? Feel free to keep calling me a clown. Maybe you and the handful of other active players on this site can meta-jerk each other enough to run off any other returning players from having fun at the game too.

UNVOTE: DkKoba. Maybe you're not scum as much as you're just an unpleasant com​pa​tri​ot. Now that you're hopefully done stroking your ego can we maybe not rant so hard?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 74, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 72, DkKoba wrote:you need to first have S tier level scum games
No one knows what that means
Right?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

VOTE: Emberbloom

I'm kinda feeling Ember/Hockey team at this juncture. I too got buddy-up vibes from his defense of me at first read through.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 141, cowsloveSushirolls wrote: do you have a preferred way of solving? the way you do it seems pretty reminiscent of older games i've read (which ofc checks out) but i don't know where exactly the pushing is taking you rn
(i think this would've been significantly more useful a couple of hours ago since you've made yourself clear + there's a lot more information i need to chew on but that was what i was thinking at the time)
Not in particular. Since age, experience, and time since last played apparently are the only interesting things about me, let's clear up a little of that. In my total career I can probably count on my two hands the total number of games I've ever played. I don't consider myself an expert, or even good necessarily. I take each game differently based on the situations presented and try new things. I haven't trademarked a style per se. I put feelers out, try to gather reads, and deduce what I can early game based on who bites on what. Later game when we have more content, I can and will dissect into things more.

I think one of the biggest challenges is that being bad at being town (essentially what Dk was trying to say about me I think?) doesn't equal scum every time. In my experience it seems people kind of forget that and just scum lock on small stuff early game.
In post 138, DkKoba wrote: no hard feelings? :oops:
Nah. I just didn't want to get the game stuck on being told I suck the whole time lol. But hey, we got folks talking (well, at least some of them) so there's that.

Does anyone else think Hockey intentionally skipped over me scumspecting him without any real reasoning given to hopefully not draw further attention to it?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 146, HockeyFan wrote:idk, im finding it hard to make reads with this playerlist. tempted to say hero solve is like Cows+Ember? Not sure about that. Im mainly sring cows because of im not getting town pings from then rn/ I dont like the way they're interacting with toxic
Wait, am I conftown?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:22 am

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 151, Galron wrote:
In post 137, toxictaipan wrote:VOTE: Emberbloom

I'm kinda feeling Ember/Hockey team at this juncture. I too got buddy-up vibes from his defense of me at first read through.
You're talking about Hockey trying to pocket you, right?
Both really
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 155, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 149, toxictaipan wrote:
In post 146, HockeyFan wrote:idk, im finding it hard to make reads with this playerlist. tempted to say hero solve is like Cows+Ember? Not sure about that. Im mainly sring cows because of im not getting town pings from then rn/ I dont like the way they're interacting with toxic
Wait, am I conftown?
When did I ever say you were conf town? if you want to take a TR as you being conf town then ok ig? You "suspecting" me was saying I was partners with Ember, which tbh, I couldnt care less cuz we both think Ember is mafia. Intrested to hear why you think we are paired tho
Well. Ever since 96 you've been singing my praises as town. Which, if you have a town read on me, cool. But 146 feels simultaneously like distancing from Ember and trying to pocket me. Also you are agreeing that Ember is scum in words but your vote hasn't moved from Save The Dragons even though you've also casted some shade towards Cows since your vote on Save The Dragons. So to me your words aren't lining up with your actions 100%.

I have my vote on Ember because I feel more strongly right now that she is scum. You'd be my second choice for eliminating based on current feels.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

Galron, when I ISO you I see about a million questions and not hardly a lick of conclusions. You're countering every answer you get with two more questions. I get that town has to keep one eye open, but I'm starting to get the sense you're trying to scumhunt the scumhunters. I want to see more content from everyone besides basically me, Dk, and Hockey. Can you sum up your current thoughts on the game so far and current reads from there?

Any wild guesses on who might be target for scum N1? This question is for everyone.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 182, Galron wrote:
In post 178, toxictaipan wrote:Any wild guesses on who might be target for scum N1? This question is for everyone.
This seems scummy. It's like pre-NK wifom.
How is scum me going to benefit from this discussion? I can't ask a question out loud that every town player is inevitably going to think to themselves at some point?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 251, Save The Dragons wrote: 5. toxictaipan

why do you unvote koba?

why did you vote ember? and shade hockey?
1. I felt like I pretty well summarized that in the post. I came in hard and fast on Dk to get things moving. Towards the end of our back and forth I came to the realization that their position on me at the time wasn't scummy, just loud and abrasive. "Time to look elsewhere."

2. Again... I stated what I felt at the time when I did it. I later addressed Hockey directly. I'm not sure if you're expecting me to make some huge, awesome case for my early game votes and feels, but I will say as the game has developed I'm still comfortable with where I'm at. I can't really go back and apply what I have felt/seen since then to reason for it, which is kinda what I feel like you're trying to get me to do.

Relating to Hockey: Another thing that bothered me was how easily he townlocked me, because I can totally appreciate that my posts haven't been the most popular or screaming town. I responded to you earlier explaining that I don't care about consciously beaming townie vibes early game as much as I rather get discussions going. If I gotta poke the bear a little, then so be it. It helps me form town reads just as much as it helps flush out scum. I knew 178 wouldn't be popular either. But in my eyes Galron reacted in a town-like way, so that helped clear up my concerns on him a bit.

I'm neutral on Cows, STD, Enchant (though I would like to believe scum can't be getting away with this level of lurking). Still like Ember & Hockey for scum. Townie feels on Dk & Galron.

@Mod: Can we have a list for people not voting included in the Vountcount posts, please?

I'm having a hard time understanding why everyone at this point in the game doesn't have a vote sitting on someone they want gone or at least pressured. Enchant & Cows, can you please speak on this some more?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:37 am

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 260, DkKoba wrote:fwiw cows im fairly sure enchant hates voting early if iirc - might be mixing him up with someome else so dont quote me-
not sure about cows but they have a chat mafia background which also can default to not wanting to vote
Hates voting early as in waits until final hours of D1 or as in we shouldn't expect to see a vote from Enchant D1?
In post 262, Enchant wrote:When i am not voting i apply pressure on all players equally.
Cute, but I'm not seeing it.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:01 am

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 276, Galron wrote:
In post 268, Galron wrote:
In post 266, Galron wrote:
In post 251, Save The Dragons wrote:2. Galron

92 why did you say this

112 you have koba as town but you're wary because of meta, can you elaborate why you had them as town here at all? can you tell me what's changed?

What's your thoughts on toxic rn?
1) I liked the pressure being applied.

2) DkKoba gets scum read a lot because of their aggressiveness. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. It seems like they upped the aggressiveness, and I haven't seen anything that looks like any more than "You're scum and I know this because I know this."
And I don't know about Toxic. I need to think about that. I haven't been super into any games right now because of time. I need to do the work.
I still don't like , but looks okay. He says he's not played many games and taking that at face value, he doesn't appear newbscum.

Toxic have you been scum before?

And wrt your asking about who we think is going to get NK, it looks like fishing for NK ideas. Any answers to that are just going to create wifom for Day 2. I don't even understand why you would ask.
Yes. I have been scum before. I actually prefer to play as scum because I suck as VT and I'm not cool enough to draw a power town role.

I asked that to see who would have a problem with it. I never expected a serious, deep discussion to come of it.
In post 277, Galron wrote:And I still don't see your case on Ember. I understand if it's a POE read, but I don't think you said that.
Admittedly, at first I didn't have a great one besides I got weird & scummy vibes from the attempted buddy up. Again -- because I understand I'm not the epitome of town in this thread. Since the game has progressed I feel Ember has done nothing but dig her grave deeper. I think she will flip scum, but if not I think we still get valuable information on where to go next. Can't say the same if we lim Dk, cows, or even you at this point.

Honest question: If I were to be lim'd/NK during D1/N1 and flip town, where you looking first then?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

I'd rather get lim'd myself before we no-elim.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

Why Dk more than me?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

VOTE: Hockey
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

I wanted to see one of Ember/Hockey flip. If I made a mistake, my bad y'all.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 403, Enchant wrote:Galron said line about "I would shot DkKuba" and i realised he probably town because of that.
cowsloveSushirolls and Save The Dragons tried to give "i would never do that strange nk lol" impression, so i think mafia hiding here, because my read kinda worked with Galron. But i am not sure, both or Ember is partner with some (That E-1 speedrun vote was really horrible). Either way, i am not voting Ember today, even if she could be partner with some.
So who will you vote for?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 416, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 411, toxictaipan wrote:So who will you vote for?
i hate this upon reflection

it's kind of like egging enchant on to vote players that toxic knows are town without providing any content
No it's more like trying to get enchant to commit to
something
since the vote hesitancy D1. Read it however you like, though.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:37 am

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 434, Enchant wrote:
In post 429, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 420, Enchant wrote:You calling Cows town is kinda hell. Can you explain why?
enchant, does ur scumread on me have anything to do with ? i posted a response to that but got no feedback
... Yeah. Maybe stupid reason to think on you and STD for that. But i think this day gives plenty info who could be who.

I planning to vote soon, because this is stagnating and yeah, i have part of guilt in this. I wait before Ember be replaced though.
Same.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

VOTE: N_M

Figures you would replace Ember.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”