Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Isis »

This is not normal even if it is publically 4:9 because of the possibility of extra deaths night one.

I feel a passable 4:9 setup would need to be both publicly 4:9 and unable to produce extra deaths at any point in the game (no babysitters or weaks either).
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Isis »

I don't think informed addresses the heart of my concern. It's highly plausible the informed goes unclaimed and is nightkilled night one or night two, resulting in a <normal> game with strong incorrect assumptions about the timing of eLo that are too far from current player expectations.

That's stricter than implo's stance but I'm primary
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Isis »

You can create ambiguity with "Town can lose before day 4", maybe, suggesting the warning might just be about lots of weak and vig when it's actually about lots of scum.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Isis »

Oh I was ninjaed
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #10 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Isis »

Is post 7 for public knowledge of 2 traitor 2 groupscum or public knowledge of 4:9?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #12 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Isis »

I think that's prolly fine since players should expect wonky once they know it's 4:9, but needed to know
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #13 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Isis »

This is really hard to evaluate for balance but I think it's what you want? It seems like town can win, jk and follower are 50% effective correctly targeting "that person no one seems to want to lim"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #14 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Isis »

By what you want I mean, "what one wants for 50% win probability"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #17 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Isis »

How would you feel about changing the goon to a watcher enabler for antiswing and calling it a setup

I'm loathe to remove hard-hitting prs from a four scum setup
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #19 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Isis »

Cool
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #22 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:04 am

Post by Isis »

"action type" would be a smidge better for follower.

The BP wording is raising some questions I don't have the answer to lol. I kind of think the word successful does more harm than good but not sure. As written it would be expended even if the mafia says "I can't get into prison, therefore you don't die", because there is no reason to regard jail confinement and BP saves as different reasons for unsuccess?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #24 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Isis »

Mafia rules engines have sucked for eternity, it is never improbable that the roles pulled from the whitelist are themselves the source of the problem.

The proposed wording is probably good enough and I consider it passed although I think it is still susceptible to certain ambiguities.

If I had a free canvas I'd want to copy umbralogic and use "the first time you would be flipped and removed from the game due to a kill attempt at night, if you're a 1-shot bulletproof, instead you will be converted to a 0-shot bulletproof. You will not be informed of this. Once you are a 0-shot bulletproof this ability is furthermore ignored." That unambiguously resolves doctor+bulletproof in favor of the bulletproof with regard to early expenditure of the vest when a doc save occured during the first attempt, even though it's internally consistent and very balanced to just have early vest expenditures concurrent with doc saves.

I think I implo would urge the importance of wordcounts that don't run off the reservation and prolly say just to use your second proposed wording. It doesnt use the word "successful" which I appreciate since there can be a parade of horrible a for misinterpreting the word successful given the wrong readership.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #29 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Isis »

Wow

Gonna go with what implo said.

To drill down a bit, formatting is one thing but attribution is critical here. "Anonymous" means you'll use some kind of formatting that indicates a player sent the message but not which player. The FN trick only works if the communication is being attributed or possibly being attributed to the mod. That's not what mailman does, mailman makes it clear an anonymous -player- wrote the message.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”