Open 827: Dead Silence III - Game Over!!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #76 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3, Ydrasse wrote:VOTE: cephrir

never again.
Is what you swore
The time before
In post 4, Enchant wrote:Hello, i didn't read setup yet, can mafia daytalk here and how many mafia members here?
LAMIST
In post 5, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Almost50
He’s always scum
True that :lol:
In post 6, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
S
u
p
n
e
r
d
s
I
'
m
t
h
e
J
e
s
t
e
r
a
n
d
I
'
m
h
e
r
e
t
o
t
r
o
l
l
t
h
e
s
h
i
t
o
u
t
o
f
t
h
i
s
g
a
m
e

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Imposter
In post 9, Cephrir wrote:Hello. Let's all be very mindful about the information we give away, please.

VOTE: Almost50
Fail
In post 14, Morning Tweet wrote:almosT forgot

hia A50 hi Enchant hi Gamma hi Not_mafia hia ssbm hi Ydrassee hi Galron hi Cephrir hi Dwlee Hi DGB hello everybody!!
Hello there :]
In post 23, Thor Ragnarok wrote:VOTE: Cephrir

I don't think he's a mason
That's not the point. Do you think he's ANTI-TOWN??

EoP #1

Note: I am one of those: Mason/Vanilla/Mafia/SK. Honest to God I'm not BSing you.

Also, I've just consumed 100% of my internet monthly quota (so I'm working on 32 KBPS at the moment). Not to worry though as it will automatically renew in 18 hours.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #80 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 44, Galron wrote:Where is the monkey?
I was just giving the fans the time to pile on me. I know I'm popular in this players list (not the kind of popularity one would die for, but.. popular none-the-less)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #81 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 58, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 56, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 54, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 47, Cephrir wrote:it's fine if folks want to look for masons on their own just please don't post your theories
Oh you're in this game.

You're scum aren't you hmm
I admire your artistic skills, so I'm going to take the risk of town-binning you for the time being (and probably regret it later) :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 78, DrippingGoofball wrote:A50 can be town.
I sure can, but do I want to?? :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Emchant

I let your first post go because some people just dunno what to say in their opening post. This post though is so scummy it has the "mindset of a criminal" written all over it.

I'll address just one (the most obvious) fallacy in your argument: "mafia will simple draw gun and shot on random without anything to lose". This is OBVIOUSLY not true because Mafia need to shoot a Mason or die themselves instead.

If you truly believed your inaccurate statement you're the SK (and want wagons to form to see who votes whom so you can dissect the other 15 into 3 main categories and can then decide all 3 groups upon a flip or two.

If you were just messing around (which I do believe more tbh, but have no proof of it being the case) you're MAFIA (and still want to dissect the other 11 into 2 main groups).

The reason I differentiate between SK & Mafia is Mafia already know this is a false statement.

Btw, I -honestly- wanted to roll SK in this setup when I pre-in'd. I had some neat tricks and a solid strategy to victory (or at least close enough).

N.B. Upon previewing the post I changed my mind. I am NOT going to change anything I already typed, but I am going to say it hit me Enchant might actually be the SK indeed, because the SK is the one that "has nothing to lose" by simply drawing their gun. On other words, #84 is a potential SK slip.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Shit... VC.. LOL

VOTE: Enchant

I reread EVERYTHING I typed in preview, but didn't care to check the spelling of my votee. :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #99 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 91, Cephrir wrote:I think enchant is town for misunderstanding the setup. Discuss.
I did address this. If genuine he is the SK. If faking he is Scum. Flashwagoning is such a bad idea it can't come from a town mindset in this setup.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #101 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 94, Enchant wrote:... They already dying from elim.
What they lose by shoting?
How are they dying from elim if NO FLASH WAGON is being pushed? You're contradicting your own argument.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 98, Cephrir wrote:I guess you can argue SK if you really want to, but we probably don't even want to kill the SK right now?
Why not?? SK can kill VTs, Scum can't. SK doesn't die if their guess is wrong, Scum do. By eliminating the SK we actually increase the Town's odds against Scum.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #109 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 102, Enchant wrote:IF YOU GONNA VOTE SLOW, COLLECTING DAMN 9 VOTES, MAFIA COULD SHOT 9000 TIMES ALREADY AND EAT BREAKFEST AS WELL.
Mafia.. can .. NOT.. shoot.. 9000 times. They can shoot ONCE. If they are NOT targeting a Mason THEY die. If that happens we know who was voting the Mafioso and lead them to act in despair. That's not bad. We do get the flip either way.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 115, Morning Tweet wrote:But yes mafia cant shoot for free. We give them more information the longer we take, though.
What do you suggest we do? Yeet people randomly?? We need the information as much as they do. If we are going the random flash wagons route Scum don't even need to shoot at all.

Do you realize that -in the almost impossible hypothetical extreme case of- 5 Masons alive vs 1 Scum (Mafioso or Sk, doesn't matter) the Scun can still win if they're fast enough??

What I am saying is MORE LIVING PLAYERS is BETTER FOR TOWN, actually. If I was a Town leader I'd probably consider (but not sure if I'd actually implement) a strategy of exhausting the deadline to force scum to shoot blindly between the other 11 players.

But I concede my mind -almost always- works in a different fashion that the majority, so I'm not going to try to promote my non-orthodox methods.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 116, Morning Tweet wrote:Why would SK magically start having ideas you dont like anyway?
Geez! I just explained it. I wanted to be the SK, and I did have plans. One of them was to analyze wagons to sort people into 3 groups (of 5 if possible) and then shoot a player with a random guess. If I'm spot on I have practically identified one group and have 2 groups that are "not that type". If I'm wrong I know this group isn't "my guess". Nobody knows if I ever did shoot, so I can shoot again after 72 hours. I even combined this thought with a "random shot at the start of the game" which doesn't lose me (assuming I'm the SK) anything at all. There are even more tricks and plans up my sleeve that I'm not going to share (not only because the SK may actually benefit from them, but ALSO because I hope to draw SK the next time this setup is run).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #128 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 118, Morning Tweet wrote:Mafia can shoot as much as they want as long as they don't get it wrong, no? You had it semi right the first time

No. They actually can shoot a max of NINE times. If they are ALWAYS wrong they can shoot up to five times. If they're ALWAYS right they can ALSO shoot a max of 5 times. The 9 shots cap comes from the extreme case of 4 wrong shots and 5 correct ones (or 4 correct shots + 5 wrong ones). There are only 5 masons, 5 scums and scum can only "correctly" shoot a mason. Now this IS the core of my argument about Enchant's slip. "Without consequence" (or however he put it) only applies to the Serial Killer. (There is indeed the consequence of a 72 hours "cooling down" period, but that's a minor thing compared to flipping and being moved to the dead thread).

Anyway, I'll stop arguing about this matter, but not before I mention that Enchant "coming clean" and admitting he knew the setup and has even played it before proves my point about him having been faking. His first post was a FAKE LAMIST one indeed. I dunno about the second now (I can -maybe- see him believing that flashwagons are good as a townie) but I can't let go of my initial negative impression, especially since he himself has confirmed it to be justified and spot on.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #129 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 127, Morning Tweet wrote:obviously, SK wants to identify players and sort them. Everyone kind of needs to do that though
SK is the one that least needs info at all. They don't die to Scum shots. They don't die if they misfire. All they need to do is stay out of the loop (erm.. avoid being yeeted I mean). That's why I wanted to be the SK. I precisely said to Pooky that I wanted that role because Scum can't kill me, so it's a major boost for the role.

Sk doesn't care who dies or how they die as long as it's not them.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #143 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@MT: I didn't play "this" setup before, but I played something similar (Masons and Scum or something like that). SK can still win against Masons/Scum if they're fast enough.

Shoot X => flip & Reset
Shoot Y => flip & reset
Shoot Z => flip & reset

For them to be yeeted there has to be enough players ONLINE to vote them out.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say I'm a SK and I have 4 Masons alive (and nobody else). I shoot one that is currently online before my wagon is hammered. Now there are 4 living players, and the threshold is 3. ALL 3 Masons alive should be online to even make it possible for me to get yeeted. If one is offline I'd just shoot the 2 online consequently within the next few minutes and win the game.

I also didn't know Mafia could kill SK. I actually interpreted it as a "choose someone to die and the same applies" (I dunno where I got that from) meaning if the target is not a Mason a Mafioso dies still. This misinterpretation actually puts a bit of a dent in my SK strategy so I might have to reevaluate. but it certainly isn't a priority to me right now.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #152 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 149, Cephrir wrote:Why are we in such a hurry to consolidate?
That's what I'm trying to figure out myself.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #160 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I think I need to get offline now. hopefully when I'm back the internet package will have renewed and I can spam the thread with music videos. :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #329 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

We need to establish a timeframe for our shots so that the mod won't be online at the time, and none of us would be when he is :P This guarantees anyone who tries to check for "who's online at the time of the shot" can't link it to us. :twisted:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #943 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

GGA. And a very nice try by Thor with his back to the wall at the end. I feel we could've done better if I didn't slip (usually I fake such slips, but this one was genuine :oops: )

Anyway, thanks for modding; Pooky. If you (or anyone else) is running this setup again soon I want in.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #947 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

Imagine if I went "full Thor" on the way out. Like, shooting Kyouko, Gamma, STD, Dwlee & N_M :lol: (or even better.. following Thor on the first 4 and still going for Aaron based on my own read on the 5th) :twisted;

Thor really was the Mafia MVP in this game. Too bad MT wasn't actually a Mason though (that's why I shot her, btw. I took the 2 shots I was confident of and then it came down to a decision on "who's the most dangerous townie alive?"

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #949 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

Yeah, DGB died to you

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #952 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 950, Enchant wrote:HA!

Wait how, Gamma basically claimed.
She shot you after she shot Gamma. You
can
line up your shots

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #954 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

WAIT!

Pooky says he didn't understand the command by DGB later on.. I guess DGB died to the yeet then. Thor shot Gamma next

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #975 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

#PAGETOP :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”