ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:18 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Combined doesn't make it one action, it's two separate actions forced to target the same player. Agreed, don't believe that role will work correctly, the rolestop would block the rolecop.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:32 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

I do agree the setup seems scumsided. The JK can't RB any scum, although they can't block any town power which makes it a little better. The traffic analyst can get a couple different false positives and one false negative with the ascetic, 1-shot simple cop can't get any guilties, only a VT clear. Town complex rolecop and Mafia ascetic is an interesting interaction. Scum power isn't super high here, but rolecop is very useful with no tracking around to catch it. Will wait for Something_Smart's thoughts.

I can't see the review topic for that game, but the Wiki defines combined as "A Combined role necessarily performs all of its constituent actions on the single player it targets each night." The role can exist, but the rolestop will block the rolecop according to NAR since they are not the same action.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:31 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Making all PRs multitasking means the JOAT can just go crazy N1 and do 3 things, which doesn't seem ideal. You could make the mailman multitasking with a second role that wouldn't look as suspicious to the rolecop, like voyeur or some other light investigative if you don't want to make all PR's multitasking.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:35 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

I would probably make the one-shot BP a regular passive instead of activated to make it more consistently helpful to town.

Is the plan to still have public knowledge that all PR's are multitasking? If so, just wondering how that interacts with compulsive JOAT, if they are forced to do something while they still have shots left or if they have to do everything N1.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:07 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

I'm ok with it balance-wise. Still feels slightly scumsided but not to a point where I'd reject it.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:05 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

I think we still need the new role PM's for the changed roles and list of possible results they can get.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:31 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

I would assume it doesn't see the rolecop since it's coming from that player. Voyeur looks for actions you are not performing, otherwise you'd get a result every time from the voyeur seeing itself. And agree that the first one is the list is what is checked and not the order in the role.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:43 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Couple things:
- The role is listed as Mailman, but the PM says Announcing Mailman.
- The Traffic Analyst would get a positive result on the mailman even if he's the last mafia alive.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:21 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Looks good to me, /pass
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:24 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Correct. Simple roleblocks the player if they target a not vanilla player, and roleblocked actions are not able to be tracked, or voyeured in this case.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

I think removing loyal helps scum a bit, no result is going to be treated like a guilty if loyal, so having it be a regular 1-shot cop and getting no result from the ascetic is more likely to not be pushed as a guilty.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:49 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

/pass

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”