Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Ooh, didn't realise this had started.

vote: iamausername
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Farkshinsoup wrote:So Tarhalindur might have some restriction that requires him to vote for a different person every time he posts. Or he's vote hopping maniacally for some other reason.
Well if he does, he's already breached it with his vote for des.
KingEnigma wrote:uhh, i'm not sure ive ever random voted, i think its pointless and i dont know any of you well enough to go "haha, me and you had this thing from another game and i'm voting for you for absolutely no reason other than that thing from the other game that we had, haha"
So do you think we're still in the random voting 'stage'? If so, what are you doing to try and progress the game forwards? If not, why haven't you voted yet?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

You seem to think that we've moved out of the 'stage', can you indicate the exact post where you think this is hapened? Why do you say
Apparently
we have moved on
? (Italics mine).
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:28 am

Post by Awesome Pants »

Rishi wrote:Timeater - Nothing to add other than we are out of the random voting stage? If you think we're out of the random stage, why not comment on what's going on?

I'm with Elmo on this one. If you're going to complain about the random stage, do something that is purposeful and not random.
Do you find this behaviour scummy?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

iamausername wrote:Do you think it's necessarily possible for a transition from non-serious to serious to be narrowed down to any one post in particular?
No, as often some people will still be taking the game lightly while others are taking it more seriously. Having said that, it could be possible to name a post where every post after that post is a serious contribution, or at least an attempt at a serious contribution. :P
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #91 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

KingEnigma wrote:anyone defending anyone is kind of suspect. (I heart you though iamausername)
So what do you make of his defence of you?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #93 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

KingEnigma wrote:anyone defending anyone is kind of suspect.
Can you elaborate on why you think that is so though?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #95 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

I want to hear your reasoning of it in relation to this particular case. Since you seem to be adamant to not give it however, I do have an idea of what your reasoning might be. I've heard people say that they find it suspicious as it can often be scum buddies defending each other, in which case, if that was your reasoning for 'anyone defending anyone' being suspicious, then I'd probably find you suspicious and think that you might've made a slip.

You bring up a good point about lurking too I think. I'm kinda guilty of lurking to a degree both as town and as scum, but I think it might be interesting to have a bit of a 'policy lynch' in regard to lurking. I guess we don't really need a set of rules or anything that we can use to make emotionless lynches, but rather a rough plan of sorts to weed out people that are excessively lurking, or at least encourage them to post more. I hardly ever see lurkers get lynched, though I haven't really played in many games. Thoughts?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

I wasn't trying to suggest that people are lurking excessively now, nor do I think that it'd be good to lynch someone purely for lurking right now. I just think it could be something to consider discussing to encourage activity.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #113 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Awesome Pants, do you really think it's helpful to try to organise a strategem for dealing with lurkers before there is any indication that anyone in this game is actually going to lurk?
Maybe not, but I can't see how it could be unhelpful. What do you think?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #133 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

MacavityLock wrote:
Timeater wrote:Its still OMGUS, I built a case on him and he retaliated with a vote.
After a re-read, I see your point, though I'm not sure I totally agree with it. Your initial post on him was a pretty light attack at best, so if Fark's intention was OMGUS, it's clearly quite scummy. Of course, it's impossible to detect intention, and I think at least some of his points about you are reasonable. So, for now, FoS stands.
Can you post what points that he made about Timeater that you like? Why do you think saying someone OMGUS'd you is scummy?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #181 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

I'm here, but not really feelin' it. Day one discussion is boring. :P

iamausername, should I remove my vote on you?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #203 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Farkshinsoup wrote:
Awesome Pants wrote:I'm here, but not really feelin' it. Day one discussion is boring. :P
Sorry, not good enough. I asked you some questions, please answer them:
Fark wrote: Awesome Pants, we need to hear more from you. What is your read on me? On Timeater? Who's your top scum?
Truth be told, I usually don't really find people that suspicious (or town for that matter) on day one. I much prefer the later 'logic puzzle' days.

What would you think of me if I found you town? Scum? Why did you ask what I thought of Timeater?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #213 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:34 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

iamausername wrote:
iamausername wrote:Probably, yeah. It's not really doing much, is it?

I mean, if you have reason to believe I'm more likely scum than anyone else (or some other justification for keeping a vote on me at this point) then I'd like to hear it, but otherwise, I'm sure there are better things you could be doing with it.
Awesome Pants, any followup questions/comments/suggestions?
What would you suggest I do with it? Do you care if I leave it on you rather than take it off and don't put it on anyone?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #240 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

iamausername wrote:words
Right now, I don't really find anyone too suspicious. I'm kinda disillusioned with the whole day one phase that's present in mafia games, I think I've only been in one game where scum has been lynched day one and that was because someone claimed cop and got a guilty on him. As I've already said, I really do favour the later, "logic puzzle" days to the (imo :P) inane back and forth of day one. That said, I do appreciate the later use of day one but I'm finding it hard to really contribute anything at that stage.
iamausername wrote:~Gonna go look up some Awesome Pants meta to see if he's always so... hands-off on D1~
Please do, I'd be interested to see what you find. I think I tend to lurk heaps more on day one and only really start to get/feel involved in the later days which is probably a fault in my playstyle I should work on.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #254 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Rishi wrote:
Awesome Pants wrote:
iamausername wrote:~Gonna go look up some Awesome Pants meta to see if he's always so... hands-off on D1~
Please do, I'd be interested to see what you find. I think I tend to lurk heaps more on day one and only really start to get/feel involved in the later days which is probably a fault in my playstyle I should work on.
I agree that Day 1 kind of sucks, but it's a necessary evil for getting to the later, more interesting days. People who complain about Day 1 without contributing much are the ones who make sure that it drags on, and then it sucks even worse.
Yeah, I guess you're right. Sometimes I wish that we go lynch someone randomly early and go into the second day phase but I know that it wouldn't work.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #256 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Well timeeater's thing with the self vote is the only thing so far that has struck me as a bit scummy, so I'll vote for him I guess if needed.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #391 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

hi

What happened to your meta check on me, iamausername?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #399 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

What do you mean, the wording? All I can see is she posted she's a cylon and her name. And the way she carried it out? Is there a more town way to claim?

PS: Sorry for not posting much, I have about 3 weeks of school left forever so its a bit stressful. des is going to look for a replacement for me as I'm going away in a few weeks but I'll play while he does so.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #409 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:06 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Gah, I really don't think its a good idea for us to be claiming (even in the limited way) and I have a good reason but I don't want to say good reason because of another good reason. :(

Can anyone quickly tell me who has claimed so far (full)?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #412 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Hmm, my theory was wrong looking back.

Anyway,
2) I am a cylon, but I have no reason to believe I am part of an informed minority.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”