Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Timeater »

Vote: ChannelDelibird

For that evil awful Damar doctor role.

Payback, beotch :D
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by Timeater »

-_-
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Post by Timeater »

O_o

I take it we're beyond the random voting stage?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Post by Timeater »

Unvote
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Timeater »

Unvote, because you made me laugh. Vote: Timeater, because you didn't make me laugh. You said "OUT OF RANDOM STAGE UNVOTE" without adding anything remotely useful, and that makes me sad.
Well, it does seem we are out of the random stage. Whats wrong with me unvoting? I just had nothing to contribute at that point.

Just some thoughts about the play so far:

Elmo - I like his play so far. Solid questions, balanced probing (mmmm probes)
iamausername - He had every right to call me out on the no comments thing (same goes for Rishi I guess), but it was a little overzealous. Too zealous?
Tarhalindur - I dont like how he's been hoping around his vote so much.
King Enigma - admitted activer lurker with his refusal to random vote? I think Elmo is reading too much into that.

I dont really have opinions on the rest of ye, not enough posts yet.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Timeater »

Why are you demanding I answer your questions in such an oppressive manner? Thats odd. Why not just say, hey, Timeater, yo, whats up - what do you think about X and X? And why are you
just
now addressing my post, two days after the fact? What makes you think you can just demand answers out of everyone in this fashion under the guise of good scumhunting? Thats a little ballsy. I dont like it.

I haven't come to a proper conclusion about who I think might be scum. There just isnt a whole lot to go on so far. No one has made an obvious scum blunder and pretty much everyone has been reasonable and rational. I dont like your playstyle so far (you, Tarhalindur) its been very meta-ish and erratic. First, with the multiple unvotes and votes, and then with this, a formatted questionaire you think people have to answer in tandem or else you can accuse them of being scum for not being helpful. That kind of aggressive playstyle has stood out more than King Enigma's or anyone else, imo.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Timeater »

I'm really not being evasive, or trying to, I'm just sort of taken aback at this pre-formatted questionaire style of doing things. And since when is there a Timeater vs Tarhlindur debate, Farkshinsoup? Seems like you're trying to make a distraction and a "matchup" when there really isnt one. Are you trying to brew up trouble?
Given what you currently know, do you think Elmo is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

No. He's been asking all the right questions and doing all the right things for a strong alpha townie to do. I would even go so far as to say I'm an Elmo fanboy.

Given what you currently know, do you think iamausername is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

Not sure. I didnt like how he pounced on me for not posting anything when I genuinely had no opinions on the game so far. But post #64 is pretty good. I would lean towards saying he's town because of that one.

Given what you currently know, do you think that I, Tarhalindur, am scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

I am seriously considering voting for you, yes. I would like to hear what you have to say though. I dont like the erratic behaviour and I dont like how you've been "gaming the game" so to speak. The unvotes and votes in particular, what was up with that? And now you've started up with these irritating formatted questionaires, a situation which any scummer could use heavily to his advantage. For instance, by giving yes or no answers on certain people, you can use that information later in the game to build phoney cases, and exploit players more easily by building divides between players (e.g saying you are sure "yes" x and x is scum d1) on the flipside - it can build possible bonds between scummers and townies via a simple yes. I just dont like that.

Given what you currently know, do you think King Enigma is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

I dont think he is, no. He's being confusing, but at least he is sticking to his guns about his philosophy. I liked what Delibird said about it "KingEnigma is confusing me, but I'm not sure why Tar expects the random stage to be more or less wishy-washy than any other stage of the game."
Woo.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:46 pm

Post by Timeater »

Who's lurking? MacavityLock? Delibird? I think people are posting within moderation.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Timeater »

I'm not Tar :P But I think there is a good chance Fark is scum. Few things really stand out:
Farkshinsoup wrote: Vote: Channeldelibird

unvote

vote: iamusername

I won't answer at this time. Try again later, maybe.

Unhelpful much?

Unvote: Vote Elmo

It seems like you are voting King solely because you have a gripe with his play style. Not good.

Thats not at all why Elmo was voting for king. At least thats not the impression I got. I think he saw Elmo as a threat with his extremely proactive posting and came up with a BS reason for a vote (a reason which really isnt even technically correct) That doesn't sit right with me. Then he later goes on to conform when called on it.

(directed at me)I'd like to hear your answers. You seem evasive.

I like how he doesn't bother answering the said questionaire himself but wants to hear my answers and goes on to state I'm being evasive. That just irks my scumdar. Its like one of those oh-so-subtle pot-shots scum take at townies for anything, ANYTHING, that could be construed as scummy. Those little, sometimes innocent seeming "pot-shots" are a great scumtell imo (and I've had alot of success with recognizing them).

I approve of Tarhalindur vs. Timeater (and then goes on to backtrack saying he just used it to denote interactions bla bla bla)

I still say this is an attempt to brew up confusion and conflict. Thats just my personal view, but I'm sticking to that.
I'd really like to hear from Tar, Rishi - who said he was going to post more later but just ended up taking a little snipe at KE, and ChannelDelibird - who only has three posts.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Timeater »

lol, an OMGUS vote, surprise surprise (didnt see that one coming!)

@MacavityLock - I've seen every episode of the new series up to "Revelations" (I think). Not so familiar with the old one. Why do you ask? Me in particular?

Anyway I guess I better get down to the dirty business of attacking Farkshinsoup and defending myself!
Yes, it was unhelpful. I've already explained why I did that. Why have you leap-frogged over my explanation from post 78 and reached back to point out that the original post was unhelpful? Do you believe my explanation? This feels like fake scum-hunting to me.
It was unhelpful at the time, that doesn't negate the fact that you said it. Just because you were accosted of this mistake and then worked to correct yourself does not mean the initial action was not scummy.
I stated that this was my interpretation of Elmo's vote (Note the word "seems"). But you first categorically state that I was wrong about why Elmo was voting King, and then in the next sentence you say that this is your "impression". Which is it, verifiable fact, or your opinion?

And yes, I changed my mind, and my vote, after Elmo responded. Seems like you are trying to twist that to fit your notion that I am scum. Could it be that you, the admitted Elmo fanboy, are convinced I'm scum because I dared to challenge Elmo in the first place? Or is there another reason?
First paragraph is basically an attempt to exploit semantics in an arguement to gain a emotional advantage - that sort of behavior pings my scumdar. When I say "my impression of it" I mean, thats how I interpreted his posts on Enigma. To me, it seems like he was bending words in his Enigma vote and then later backtracked (again?) when Elmo clarified. Also implying that Elmo and I are somehow connected is ludicrous. I have acknoledged him as a good town player and should be treated as such. Would I really be STUPID enough, if I were scum, to try to create a WIFOM-esq bond like that d1? The answer is no.
This is ridiculous. Tarhalindur explicitly directed his questions to YOU in post 82. (and to KE in post 81). Why would I answer the questions? Please feel free to point out where I have evaded questions DIRECTED TO ME in this game. This is the scummiest thing I've seen in this game so far.
Really, is it fair of you to sit back and judge me of being evasive about not answering a questionaire style post when it easily could be applied to any player in this game? Tar's questions were in no way tailor-made for me, in fact he posted the exact same thing when he was addressing King Enima. (Which I'd note that KE did not specifically respond Tar's questions - he just went on to rant about he is town and about the logical fallacies of random voting etc) I guess my main response to you, Fark, is this:

Given what you currently know, do you think Elmo is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

Given what you currently know, do you think iamausername is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

Given what you currently know, do you think that I, Timeater, am scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

Given what you currently know, do you think King Enigma is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

Given what you currently know, do you think Tarhlindur is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Timeater »

@King Enigma

That is NOT how post #89 is formatted. I thought you were just ranting, not addressing specific questions.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Timeater »

Also, since apparently you did answer the questions, when did I do this?

anyone saying "whatever everyone else thinks, i'll do that" is also suspect.
?

I'm looking back through my posts and i'm just not seeing any instance where I have done that.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Timeater »

What. That makes absolutely
ZERO
sense.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Timeater »

Hey Fark, why so evasive?

1# Why am I so sure Elmo is town. I'm not 100% sure, but he has done things like scumhunt and call out KE on his "wishywashyness" that I like. He's also put himself out there for scruntiny by being proactive, which is risky for a scummer to do.

2# Saying "obfuscated" after Tar posed his initial questions toward me (which I'd like to point out we still have not HEARD from Tar. ) I was trying to say that if I should be made to answer a questionaire, everyone else should. Thats completely reasonable. Obfuscate my ass! I even bothered answering the questions after the fact because I knew it was the right course of action - it had nothing to do with your post, knowing that refusing to answer would only cause undue paranoia.

3# You haven't answered the questions posed to you. Is it good town play to avoid questions posed in a serious manner that hope to benefit the town? The questions I posed were not meant to be sarcastic, merely answered so the game is even. Your "arguement" is that I am somehow scummly saying you should answer for things that were asked of me. That was not my intention. What I was trying to point out is that while its easy to cast stones and judge me from not wanting to answer a questionaire, its not very fair of you (hence my scumdar being alerted) because the questionaire could be applied to
anyone
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Timeater »

I'm not trying to smokescreen anything, lol. Please tell me what I'm "smokescreening".

Anyway, looking over your answers, only one thing stands out:
Don't know, jury's still out.
Whats this mean, you basically will follow votes and join a wagon if the critical suspicion mass on KE reaches its teetering point? I dont like that. Please clarify if thats not what you meant. Also, I dont see how this information, as you claim, is disingenuous. Can you point out how I am not being sincere here?
What is your obsession with "fairness" and things being "even". This game is, at its core, full of unfairness. It's unfair when innocent townies get lynched. It's unfair when townies are set up by scum. Why does everyone have to ask and answer the same questions? How does that help catch scum, who, by the way, have an "unfair" advantage by knowing who their buddies are and the abiliity to talk to each other and kill at night?
Obsession? I use the word a few times and you go on to say I have an obsession. You've got an interesting habbit of overstating things...Anyway - I do believe townies should be fair to one another and the standards of conduct and cooperation should be applied to all townies equally. Of course there are exceptions, e.g a Doc hiding his role or something, but overall, townies should be treated the same way when it comes to things like cooperation and conduct. Thats not saying alot and its not asking for much. As for the game itself, its fair, I dont know what you are talking about. Its up to the mod (and I trust destructor) to equalize the game in a way where all factions, whether they be scum, town, SK, cult, whatever - have a fair chance at winning. Mafia *should* be fair, and I'm sure alot of other experienced players will agree with me.

Anyway, on another note - I'm witholding my vote until I hear from more people, especially Tar. And why does it feel like Fark and I are the only ones talking?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by Timeater »

Its still OMGUS, I built a case on him and he retaliated with a vote. I'm witholding my vote because I'm freaking waiting to hear from Tar, Delibird, and a few others (like I've said).
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Timeater »

Timeater seems slightly nervey
Dont see how you would know that considering you dont know me. I am posting just how I have always posted. Look at some of my other games and see. :P
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Timeater »

Sigh, my first reaction to Tar's post was to call him an idiot but then I thought to myself I should be nice and I dont really mean to call him an idiot, and he's probably not, etc. Anyway, now that I've heard his post (yet to hear from delibird he may have to be replaced? Which is odd because he's modding another game I'm in...) it was pretty underwhelming. Not only does he leave out this PBPA thats would indicate my scummyness, he goes on to say my "defensive" arguements are weak and doesnt give any examples. Nice.

I'm not convinced of Fark being scum, although I still believe it is very possible. *gives him a pass for good behavior (e.g posting rigorously) for now* There is one poster that consistently is confusing, evasive, and that someone I think we all can agree on is King Enigma. In recent post history, I did not like how he responded to my own post towards him. So my vote will go to him for now.

Vote: King Enigma

This is a lazy vote, but I feel its a safe one. I might not be on the forums alot lately because I'm kinda depressed and the world might end Oct 14. :D
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Timeater »

What does V/LA mean? Vacationing in Los Angeles? lol

I think posts 150# and 151# are flashes of brilliance. I like KE and his style. I like the way he thinks, its very genuine. Those two posts settled my fears greatly and managed to alleviate some of my concerns about him. I understand him, the player, now.

Unvote

Honestly Fark, I think you just nailed your own coffin shut with this comment:
Timeater, that last post feels to me like, "Well, I can't get a wagon going on Fark, so I'll jump on the one against KE."
Its like you are trying to pull off a jedi mind trick here by implying any wagon against you will fail. JMT's are great scumtells and now that I'm not so worried about KE, you're my #1 target.

Vote: Farkshinsoup

On another note, where is Delibird?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Timeater »

bump -_-
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Timeater »

Come on people this is an interesting game, talk!
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Timeater »

Regarding Tar's PBPA - really all his points were extremely weak and taken out of context. When he wasn't agreeing with me, it was so forced and contrived I haven't bothered responding yet. Either he seriously is just trying to hard to build a case that isnt there or he's scum trying to hard. Either way I will leave it up to my fellow players to see the transparency of his attacks.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:35 am

Post by Timeater »

Also if asked I will respond with an in-depth response PBPA but please realize they are extremely time-consuming to make (1-2 hours, easy).
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Timeater »

DIDNT I SAY LIKE A MILLION TIMES IM HOLDING MY VOTE UNTIL I HEARD FROM TAR AND OTHERS? AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT I DID I DONT SEE THE CONFUSION THERE. *INSERT RANT ABOUT IDIOTS HERE*
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Timeater »

..........BECAUSE I SAID I WAS GOING TO WAIT FOR TARLHINDUR TO POST? USUALLY ITS A GOOD IDEA TO DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO DO WHEN YOU'RE TOWN? I SPECIFICALLY SAID IN MULTIPLE POSTS OVER THE CORSE OF A WEEK I AM WAITING TO HEAR FROM TAR AND OTHERS TO POST BEFORE I MAKE MY VOTE. FOR FUCK SAKE.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Timeater »

I'm sorry, I just hate having to repeat myself -_-
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Timeater »

Unvote

Vote: Timeater
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by Timeater »

Unvote

Vote: Tarhalindur

Lol@Tarhalindur fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book

Haven't been able to post recently, will post tomorrow.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Timeater »

Hi all, sorry I kinda vanished on you (my sister was supposed to handle all my emails and stuff like this...-_-...). I've been hospitalized for the past two weeks. Food poisoning... blood transfusions and dialysis = not fun. go town!
watch for the eggshells

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”