Welcome New Mafia Listmod: Aristophanes

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Yeah I'm going to be the bad guy (girl?) and point out the obvious.

We just had a major grooming scandal with an offsite discord.

We also had NS and Rachmarie and stuff back in the day.

We promised we'd not let it go again and yet here we are.

Hiring someone who was suspended and removed from their post for INAPPROPRIATE COMMUNICATION WITH A MINOR.

Literal MONTHS, not EVEN after the grooming incident.

Who was only cleared because... and I quote

"it was a poor joke"

like how do you even make a bad joke like that? oops i'm soliciting minors haha what a funny?

I'm sorry but even IF it was a joke and you know what, benefit of the doubt, Ari seems a decent folk, let's say it was and he was just too dumb to understand what he was doing.

I don't want someone who can't tell that a joke of that manner is inappropriate anywhere near the site power structure.

I don't CARE how much you've matured or grown. That should be a fucking disqualifying event for a hire in ALL CASES. FOREVER.

This is some real bullshit.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 am

In post 24, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Yeah I'm going to be the bad guy (girl?) and point out the obvious.

We just had a major grooming scandal with an offsite discord.

We also had NS and Rachmarie and stuff back in the day.

We promised we'd not let it go again and yet here we are.

Hiring someone who was suspended and removed from their post for INAPPROPRIATE COMMUNICATION WITH A MINOR.

Literal MONTHS, not EVEN after the grooming incident.

Who was only cleared because... and I quote

"it was a poor joke"

like how do you even make a bad joke like that? oops i'm soliciting minors haha what a funny?

I'm sorry but even IF it was a joke and you know what, benefit of the doubt, Ari seems a decent folk, let's say it was and he was just too dumb to understand what he was doing.

I don't want someone who can't tell that a joke of that manner is inappropriate anywhere near the site power structure.

I don't CARE how much you've matured or grown. That should be a fucking disqualifying event for a hire in ALL CASES. FOREVER.

This is some real bullshit.
Yeah this was on the top of page 2 but some mod shenaniganry pushed it back to bottom of page 1.

So I'm gonna just quote this again onto page 2.

:)

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:05 am

In post 82, Aristophanes wrote: I'll take "Jerk It" for 500 Alex
Just so everyone has access to the same info and can see the same decisions that were made. Feel free to read a few of the other gems in this game.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:59 am

I've decided that it's best that all of this is shown here. I don't feel like having this conversation a second time in public with you and I especially don't think that:
If Korina had been a single year older, Ari’s comments would not have been problematic.
Is a particularly fucking terrible response, regardless of things. I know what you meant and I don't think it's reasonable anyway.

To put it bluntly, there is a reason that as a mandatory reporter in my job I don't differentiate between joke and serious.

To put it bluntly, there is a reason that we don't let people who are on the sex offender list, many of whom are reformed or even did very little, near a fucking school.

Ari doesn't have to be banned or shunned. Ari just can't be in a position of power and these responses show that maybe you shouldn't be either.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “News”