Welcome New Mafia Listmod: Aristophanes

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Korina »

Congrats dude!
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Korina »

Spoiler: My entire opinion on this
Hi, so, because I know eventually my name will be brought up in this, I feel I should give my entire opinion on the entire matter, and try to provide some context about what happened originally.
I would like to state right now, in bold, italics, and underlined, that I am not defending what happened in that game—I am merely providing my opinion on it, and my opinions on Ari being a list-mod again.

I acknowledge, to begin with, that the comments both Ari and I made in that game were wholly inappropriate—there is no disputing that. I also acknowledge that I personally crossed the line in the first place by making those comments while being a minor. I will not try to defend myself on that front—it was wrong, I acknowledge that—however, I will try to give some context to the best of my memory. I can tell you for a fact that I didn't care that much about the comments at that point because the entire game was meant to be a joke. They didn't bother me at all, I personally saw nothing wrong with them—I merely saw it as a joke. I realize that they were jokes made in very poor taste, but I still saw them as a joke.

I still regret posting those things in that game, and I still regret my actions regarding what happened with Ari following it. I can also confirm for a fact that Ari and I haven't ever spoken until very recently because of it. We only have a few DMs in the days of that, mostly about me trying to take the fall for Ari instead, because I genuinely felt bad about it. Ari did not speak to me until August 14th, 2019—well over a year after it happened—to apologize to me for how he acted. I did not respond to that because I still had very mixed feelings about the entire situation. The next time we spoke to each other was yesterday, when I congratulated him on becoming a list-mod again.

Now, I should move onto my opinions regarding Ari becoming a list-mod. I do not agree with the notion that Ari should be banned from any position of power due to one previous infraction. Zor himself said it—he has gotten no reports of anything like it, so we can safely assume it's just a one-time accident. If it had happened multiple times, yes, I would 100% agree that Ari shouldn't be given list-mod again. I also think that comparing Ari to the likes of votato or Krazy in terms of what he did is an extreme over-reaction. I am all for giving Ari a second chance, albeit scrutinizing his decisions a little bit more. Do I think we should sweep this entirely under the rug and forget about it? No. I know this sounds really petty, but if I can't forgive myself for doing this, then we shouldn't just sweep it under the rug. Do I think that Ari should be banned from ever being a list-mod again? No. It was a one-time thing, he has apologized for it, and Zor has said he hasn't gotten any reports similar to it from anyone.

If anyone has any questions about it, I will be happy to answer either on here, or on Discord. My discord tag is Korina#0359.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B