Moving to the Univesal ## Format - Discuss

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Do you support the double-hash format?

Yes, but only as a player
3%
Yes, but only as a mod
5%
Yes, as both a player and a mod
26%
I do not support it as either
65%

Total votes: 92

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:15 am

Post by JDodge »

If this becomes commonplace, I'm searching for a new place to play. It would be a sign of how lazy and/or stupid our mods have gotten.

Have we gotten to the point when people can no longer recognize
bolded text
?
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by JDodge »

Xdaamno wrote:
JDodge wrote:If this becomes commonplace, I'm searching for a new place to play. It would be a sign of how lazy and/or stupid our mods have gotten.

bolded text
?
This would be an
improvement
that reduces the work-load on mods and will likely reduce the amount of mistakes made. The fact mods should already be able to handle the stress of modding does not change the fact we should revise and improve our conventions, even if they aren't nessecary.
If they don't have time for the current work-load, they shouldn't be modding. If them making mistakes under the current system is frequent to the point we need to change an
entire system
just to hold their hands, they shouldn't be modding.
Flimsy wrote:Players who would pass up an otherwise good game just because of the ## rule need to stop being lazy.

Gasp, you say, he calls the players lazy when everyone else calls the mod lazy. Well yes, players are lazy. Have we gotten to a point where players don't read the rules?
Show me where rules are posted prior to a game starting and I might be inclined to agree a bit more.

OH WAIT!
SensFan wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
JDodge wrote:If this becomes commonplace, I'm searching for a new place to play. It would be a sign of how lazy and/or stupid our mods have gotten.

bolded text
?
Have we gotten to the point where people fail to realize that most of the
bolded text
(emphasized words, quotes votes, etc...) aren't votes?
Then ban bold text from anything
but
said votes and otherwise. Banning text styles is commonplace, forcing your work onto the players is horrendously lazy and tacky.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:JDodge, if a mod asks you to read the rules ahead of time,
do it

I am surprised that so many people are willing to join or not join games based on two hash signs.
I agree on the first.
Give me an example of where the rules for any game I have signed up for where this rule was in effect had the rules posted before the time the player list is finalized, which is the point where you have a social contractual obligation to play.

Lord Gurgi wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:
M4yhem wrote:
JDodge wrote: If them making mistakes under the current system is frequent to the point we need to change an
entire system
just to hold their hands, they shouldn't be modding.
It's not an
entire system
it's two extra characters. It takes something like 4 seconds extra to type ##vote instead of vote. It's really not a big deal, or even a small deal.

Its a system that has worked for years and only isn't working cause we've been inundated with a series of lazy/incompetent mods.
Do you have a problem with change?
With unnecessary change that only stands to coddle the incompetent/lazy.
Refusing to put ## in front of your votes is either incompetence or sloth.
And it's incompetence and sloth on the point of the mod to force it upon people. I'd say that the shortcomings of 1 affecting 12 or more (example) are worse than the shortcomings of 12 or more affecting one.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:My point is that it makes it easier for me as a mod, and I do not feel that it is a significant effort on the part of the players.
I think it'd be even less on an effort for you to do your job. YAY I WIN THE ARGUMENT
Lord Gurgi wrote:Here. For added bonus, For the same game.
K. You may replace me then, my mistake.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #139 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by JDodge »

Oman wrote:
Simenon wrote:ITT Oman tries to bypass the fact that he's the minority opinion by using ITT
Wah! I was not of the minority, because I didn't really have an opinion on it either way, I felt malinformed.
Oman in the first post wrote:Changing the format of our votes from
Vote Unvote
to
##Vote ##Unvote.

This makes it easier for mods to search for the votes, resulting in less mised votes. Its also REALLY clear to see from a player's pespective.

"So what can I do?" When you mod, make it your format. When you play screw the mod and make it your format anyway. As soon as people start using it it will fall into common usage and become standard.

What do you all think about this, remove some ambiguity and make things easier for our mods?
Looks like a pretty clear opinion to me.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #146 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by JDodge »

Oman wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Oman wrote:
Simenon wrote:ITT Oman tries to bypass the fact that he's the minority opinion by using ITT
Wah! I was not of the minority, because I didn't really have an opinion on it either way, I felt malinformed.
Oman in the first post wrote:Changing the format of our votes from
Vote Unvote
to
##Vote ##Unvote.

This makes it easier for mods to search for the votes, resulting in less mised votes. Its also REALLY clear to see from a player's pespective.

"So what can I do?" When you mod, make it your format. When you play screw the mod and make it your format anyway. As soon as people start using it it will fall into common usage and become standard.

What do you all think about this, remove some ambiguity and make things easier for our mods?
Looks like a pretty clear opinion to me.
That was off one person I'd spoken to at the time. Notice my games don't use it...
Right. So you didn't try to distance yourself from an opinion, you just took someone's opinion and passed it off as your own.
stream

Return to “Mafia Discussion”