reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by reborn537 »

That lie detector is totally potentially awesome. And yet useless in kloud's potentially scummy hands.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:35 am

Post by RestFermata »

We should probably post the sentence anyway, just in case Kloud IS town. But we would have to kill him to know for sure. We should definitely take any "results" he gets with a grain of salt until his alignment is found.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Darth Vader (Stewie): I "Sith-ed" my pants. My diaper's gone over to the Dark Side. [pulls out a notepad] I got pages of these; I could go on.

Vote count:

Not voting

reborn537
kloud1516
LlamaFluff
Elvis_Knits
RestFermata
Save The Dragons

With 6 people it takes 4 to lynch
Day ends Oct 6th 9:00am PST
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:33 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

I have a few ideas of plans that *might* work

I need more posts from our "tracker" first though.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:35 am

Post by kloud1516 »

LlamaFluff wrote:
farside22 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:Probally, that might be good to clarify with the mod if we are serious about trying this.

I can not confirm or deny the existence of any role or claim made.
Curses. I think that the action is successful as long as reborn doesnt get blocked though. I am almost ready to say "lets lynch Kloud", but want to give him one last post to lay down his thoughts.
My thoughts:

> I believe that everyone should do as RF suggested and provide a statement, short and specific, that deals with alignment. Once all the statements are made, I think it would be best that everyone vote for who they want me to use the device on, and I will provide the results.

>I am not really understanding why you all seem to be so certain I am scum. Are there any specific cases, or are you just basing it off of the fact that I claimed tracker? I would like an answer to this, for I would like some peace of mind that there was logical reason behind my lynch as opposed to speculation.

I find it interesting that neither RF or EK have come forth to admit that they did not visit anyone, which makes me feel uncertain about both of them right now. We have two players that could prove that I am a power role, but neither of them have yet to do so. I personally would like a chance to prove my role, seeing as how almost every other claimed role has had a chance to do so throughout this game. If come tomorrow my results turn up invalid, then lynch me.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:35 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Oh, and happy Scum Day LF.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:37 am

Post by kloud1516 »

EBWOP: Birthday
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:39 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

@Kloud - Thanks. Also, who are the scum?
Co-host of The USL Show
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:43 am

Post by RestFermata »

Of course I didn't visit anyone. I am vanilla. I claimed it before you claimed you tracked me and I didn't visit anyone. And I already stated that I did not use reborn's Death Ray because I didn't want to make anyone into a Super Saint, a player who automatically kills whoever hammers them. I almost wish I had used it, perhaps on someone extremely unlikely to be lynched, so that I could verify with more certainty whether or not your claim is legit.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:19 am

Post by elvis_knits »

kloud1516 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
farside22 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:Probally, that might be good to clarify with the mod if we are serious about trying this.

I can not confirm or deny the existence of any role or claim made.
Curses. I think that the action is successful as long as reborn doesnt get blocked though. I am almost ready to say "lets lynch Kloud", but want to give him one last post to lay down his thoughts.
My thoughts:

> I believe that everyone should do as RF suggested and provide a statement, short and specific, that deals with alignment. Once all the statements are made, I think it would be best that everyone vote for who they want me to use the device on, and I will provide the results.
Use your device on STD.
>I am not really understanding why you all seem to be so certain I am scum. Are there any specific cases, or are you just basing it off of the fact that I claimed tracker? I would like an answer to this, for I would like some peace of mind that there was logical reason behind my lynch as opposed to speculation.
Reborn is confirmed as an inventor. Allignment is unknown, but seems likely town. LF is confirmed JOAT. Again, allignment unconfirmed but likely town. That leaves me to know that 2 of STD, RF, and you Kloud are mafia.

The claim of tracker is a bit suspicious because of hte whole botched fake claim of rock, and because GW was a watcher.

Also, your results basically tell us nothing since you've mostly been tracking claimed vanilla.
I find it interesting that neither RF or EK have come forth to admit that they did not visit anyone, which makes me feel uncertain about both of them right now. We have two players that could prove that I am a power role, but neither of them have yet to do so. I personally would like a chance to prove my role, seeing as how almost every other claimed role has had a chance to do so throughout this game. If come tomorrow my results turn up invalid, then lynch me.
Claiming vanilla = admitting you didn't visit anyone. It's assumed. Vanilla doesn't have night actions. And it does not prove you are a power role for us to say "yes, I made no action! kloud is soooooo right! He must be a real tracker."

And I think implying me and RF are scummy for not trying to confirm you (which we can't do), is very scummy on your part.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

LlamaFluff wrote: So - If Kloud is telling the truth about being a tracker, STD is scum by PoE.
However Kloud could be lying about his actions, which leaves Kloud, EK and StD as possible kill submitters.
Regardless of Kloud's statement, RF still can be scum, whose partner submitted the kill.

However, since I'm not scum, I'm going to
Vote: Kloud
, because I'm pretty sure he's lying.
reborn537 wrote: Kloud, I expected a full claim from you. Why didn't you mention what you received last night?
Any reason you gave it to Kloud?
LlamaFluff wrote:I am leaning to a Kloud lynch given that tracker + watcher + JOAT + bodyguard + inventor is a pretty strong town combo.
I actually disagree.

Watcher < Cop
Tracker < Cop
Random JOAT < JOAT
Bodyguard < Doctor
Inventor is a bit weak, since there's little control.
The lovers are hard to place...I think they help the town more than scum. Weakening the power roles helps balance the game in my opinion.

Although on the other hand, another balencing factor could be the introduction of anti-town power roles (like a scum tracker would help determine power roles).
LlamaFluff wrote:I cant agrue with the EK or RF trackings too much, but the role smells a bit fishy to me.
They seem easy to fake. My thinking is that if Kloud is scum but not tracker, RF is possibly also scum, since he did would not know if she could do anything, and tracking her as doing nothing would be a + for her looking to be town.

If he's scum and tracker, then we can disregard this statement.
reborn537 wrote:I think Kloud is lying because the way he puts it only STD can be scum.
Actually, RF and EK could be my partner if he's telling the truth...it would have been me to send the kill, however. LF's roleblock of RF would not have stopped the kill if I did it, nor would he catch EK going out to make the kill. The only thing his result suggests is that I am scum. Therefore, Kloud must be lying scum.
RestFermata wrote:Oh, the invention gets sent anyway even if he dies?
Yes. This is how power roles work. Doctors still protect the night they're killed, and cops technically get their investigation before they die. I see no reason why reborn would not give away his invention before he died if he got NKed.

Since there's no possible way you can be telling the truth from my perspective, I do not wish to participate in this charade. If I say something to that effect, Kloud would obviously lie about the lie detector.

However, when I claimed today, I already technically said I was vanilla and by proxy pro-town, so I guess I don't really have a choice in this anyway.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:42 am

Post by RestFermata »

StD, we will completely disregard the results of Kloud's lie detector unless he ends up confirmed as town. So it's not so much of a charade as you think.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:47 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Its obvious that if we lynch today it has to be Kloud or Dragon. I just still am trying to figure out which one.
Co-host of The USL Show
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:20 am

RestFermata wrote:StD, we will completely disregard the results of Kloud's lie detector unless he ends up confirmed as town. So it's not so much of a charade as you think.
The problem is, if I'm town, Kloud cannot also be town. Therefore, I see no possible way he cannot be scum right now.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:42 am

Post by RestFermata »

But we have no proof that you are town, StD.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:56 pm

From your perspective, it will give helpful information, and like I said, I've already done my part.

From my perspective, there's no point. Normally, I'd totally be with you.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Bah. I'm just being nitpicky.

I have a pro-town aligned role.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Save The Dragons wrote:From your perspective, it will give helpful information, and like I said, I've already done my part.

From my perspective, there's no point. Normally, I'd totally be with you.
Sounds like you think I'm definitely town all of a sudden. Weird...and duly noted.

Anyway, LF, you seem to be the go-to strategy guy. I know you're still feeling a little undecided, but what are you leaning towards for today?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

RestFermata wrote:Anyway, LF, you seem to be the go-to strategy guy. I know you're still feeling a little undecided, but what are you leaning towards for today?
Hell I really dont like being the go-to person unless I have some secret information (or at least its not lylo).

Now, we know that at least one of Kloud and Dragon is scum. It could easily be both since Kloud seemed confused that his claim made dragon auto-scum. In fact out of the what... 20 something pairings this is one of my top choices. Make that is.

Now we have the fact that we have a lie detector in kloud, and a something in me. I have been trying again and again to see if there is ANY way to get a cheap win in. Lets get two things figured out though regarding reborn

1) Can you invent something twice?
2) Can you keep your invention?

If 1 is true, I think the best thing to do is the following - Reborn flips a coin and gives either RF or EK another lie detector. At that point we will see if they are of opposite or the same alignments by having them BOTH check, lets say Dragon saying "I have a town aligned role". If these come up as opposite, we have all the possible scum pairings laid out for us. If they are the same, it means that we have either Kloud-invention recipiant or non-recipiant/Dragon scum partners. While this is going on, I will do my best to stop a NK. If I do I will report it (NOT act on it so we dont pull another GW). We do the action again, giving another player a lie detector to find out more same/opposite alignments.

Wait no... damn... scum can lie about LD results. Wait yes, if they do they are selling out or condeming their partner. So nevermind. Yes I am thinking as I type, it works for me.

So this is what I think the best plan is

1) We no lynch
2) Reborn flips to give invention to RF/EK
3) I try and block a kill
----D5----
4) Invention owners both use it on an alignment claim from Dragon
5) From there we can get more of an insight into pairs and work from there

Any questions? I am ready to no lynch if no one sees a flaw in this.
Co-host of The USL Show
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by RestFermata »

The only problem I see with that is that I think farside is trying to make reborn's inventions unpredictable. reborn's "Death Ray" turns the target into a Super Saint? His "Satellite Tracking Device" ends up a Lie Detector? Farside doesn't seem to want reborn to be able to control much about what his invention actually does. If reborn sends in "Satellite Tracking Device" again, it might actually be a tracking device this time. If he sends in "Lie Detector" it might...I don't know...turn the target into a bunny rabbit or something.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I still think no lynching is the best option. I have a chance at blocking a kill, and if we get two lie detectors out town win odds go way up.
Co-host of The USL Show
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Supposing we do this, what do you think reborn should call his invention in order to maximize its chance of being a lie detector?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

RestFermata wrote:Supposing we do this, what do you think reborn should call his invention in order to maximize its chance of being a lie detector?
Whatever he called the last one, two lie detectors would really, REALLY help the town out.
Co-host of The USL Show
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by RestFermata »

I'm a little pessimistic about farside letting reborn make another lie detector, but I can go along with your plan.
Vote: No Lynch

Tonight I should once again disregard the fact that I have a "Death Ray" in my possession, correct?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:51 am

I really don't think we can force an invention, hence making the inventor role pretty weak.

I'm also a little nervous about this plan because it puts farsidemod in a position to actively help the scum or the town.

Also, for previously stated reasons, my vote probably will not move off of Kloud, unless we are desperate.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”