roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by roffman »

question, do we need to know how the game works to understand this mafia? cause i downloaded it and couldn't understand what the hell was happening
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by roffman »

vote: timeater
. I'm a fan of bandwagoning early
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by roffman »

The entire point for an early bandwagon is to get some sort of discussion happening and end the random voting stage
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by roffman »

Ramus wrote:
roffman wrote:The entire point for an early bandwagon is to get some sort of discussion happening and end the random voting stage
Well, apparently you weren't doing it so well cause it didn't end the random voting.
that's because two votes really don't generate a bandwagon :(. i was hoping some other people would either bandwagon with me or against me
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by roffman »

@andersonw: I'm generally very eager to "start the day" as you put it. I find the random voting stage is just a point to pick your favorite wagon. Also, i only like bandwagons on day one as it is easy to find happy jumpers and followers, which is highly scummy. After day 1 though, wagons easily get out of hand and don't serve as much purpose.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by roffman »

huh, what?
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:35 am

Post by roffman »

Timeater wrote:I haven't really bothered reading much of anything in this thread so far (hehe). Extropolating scum tells from stuff like 2nd person "bandwagoning" (lol what?) is beneath someone of my mighty stature.
Wait, what? How can you help town if your not paying attention and reading the thread. There is also the fact that any extrapolation of scum tells might point out something that someone missed. Stop being lazy and get to work.

unvote vote:Timeater
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by roffman »

@timeater: What powers do cooks have. I know, but do you?
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by roffman »

I'm not blatantly fishing. I believe in game as flavor based as this that scum would need to have been given safe claims. However, if timeater's role matches my description of a cook, then i'd claim as well. That way, we'll have two cleared townies, making the game significantly harder than scum as they either have to waste night kills going through us and protective roles, or keep our votes active in a smaller pool of suspects.

Alternatively, he could claim differently to me, in which case one of us should be lynched, and you get yourselves a scum for the cost of a townie. Fair trade i think.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:17 am

Post by roffman »

Sorry guys, RL issues have limited my posting for a few days and will continue to limit them for a few more. Should be able to make a significant post soon.

in related news, still waiting for full claim from timeater. I'll give you full reasoning and decision paths in a few days.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by roffman »

@timeater: Your argument against peso is non-existent. Some concrete proof is needed to form the basis of accusation. Hence why if scum never give town an opening, they win. Personally, I think your just lashing out at everyone who says your actions are suspicious, which considering they were, should be everyone.

On a related note, decided whether or not your going to answer me on what a cook does? And no, i'm not going to let this go until i get a direct, concrete answer.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Post by roffman »

I'm so intent on fishing on the particular role of cook. I have information that means it would be a relative safe claim for scum, and want to check that you aren't scum. The absolute worst case scenario is that we confirm each other, and town lynches us anyway to confirm the other. Then scum has to waste a night kill going through doctors/hiders/role blockers/trackers or have a confirmed town alive. Best case is that your claim conflicts with mine, and we lynch you cause your scum.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:11 pm

Post by roffman »

Tuberkulos wrote:How do we know that you'll tell us the truth, roffman, about your own role?
You don't. The fact is that once Timeater has fully claimed, i'm more than happy to die to confirm him as town or scum.

@Timeater: If you really are a cook, then you would want to be night killed. Also, if scum only have one main target, it makes protective roles so much easier to target the right person.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:23 am

Post by roffman »

And also creates a confirmed townie or two, which makes the game significantly easier to win.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:25 am

Post by roffman »

However, i'm starting to believe your claim, though we both have differing views on how you should play it in this situation.

(ps, sorry for the double post)
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:30 am

Post by roffman »

If i die, you'd see how tim would be innocent. It is really very simple. However, the fact that he claimed vanilla townie despite how much i was implying that he had a power role makes me believe in his innocence. If it was merely a scum safe claim, they would be worried it would be trapped and either hold out longer or make a fake claim of a power role, in which case i would immediately view them as scum.

@tim: the best thing a vanilla townie can do is become confirmed and force scum to kill them or face a heavily wieghted town. It also informs everyone that has night actions, particular cops and vigs, that the pool of targets is smaller.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:01 am

Post by roffman »

when was i claiming to be a lightning rod? i said that it is beneficial for town for scum to target a Timeater, which as a vanilla townie, it is. The fact of the matter is it is always beneficial for an obvious target to exist for NK's, as it provides far more information for town power roles, and also makes it a lot harder for scum to kill.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:32 am

Post by roffman »

i agree with ilord that there is a case against sekinj, though i'm not really sure of the strength of it. I believe though that your wanting to lynch timeater even though he might be town to eliminate distractions is not necessarily a scummy action.

It's depressing that i'm 90% sure timeater is town, i still want to lynch him as scum.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:05 am

Post by roffman »

I'm not sure what the case is, i just have a gut feeling that something about you is not right. I'll go through later and see if there is anything to it, or just my imagination.

As for lynching tim, he's play is highly distracting to town, and just keeps on triggering my scumdar.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”