Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Shy Guy wrote:revised prediction:

Erg0's current switch makes NO SENSE considering he said I was most town like 4 posts ago.

Erg0's current switch makes NO SENSE considering he said I was most town like 4 posts ago.

So I'm thinking I'm about to be quick-lynched. cyberbob immediately switches vote to me. And Harvey switches if he logs in.

armlx and Skruffs are really dumb, and I really cannot believe they are town. Oh well. My last game here probably so I really don't care about sounding like a jerk or hurting feelings or people thinking I am wrong: if you two are town and think I am scum with Adel you are idiots and deserve all blame for a loss. Have a nice day.
Ok then.

As I explained above, this has nothing to do with what I think of your play to this point. Skruffs and armlx's current votes only make sense if they're town, and there's pretty much no way that you and Adel can be on different teams, or we'd have a lynch by now.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Adel »

skruffs and armix need to seriously rethink this. Nameless is the correct lynch for the town to win.
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Shy Guy »

Cyberbob wrote:
Shy Guy wrote:armlx and Skruffs are really dumb, and I really cannot believe they are town. Oh well. My last game here probably so I really don't care about sounding like a jerk or hurting feelings or people thinking I am wrong: if you two are town and think I am scum with Adel you are idiots and deserve all blame for a loss. Have a nice day.
Sorry, but that is a completely blatant appeal to emotion. I
was
going to express second thoughts on switching, but this just takes the cake.
Unvote, Vote: Shy Guy
I believe you. I'm quite sure you were going to claim to have second thoughts about switching in order to allay any fears Skruffs and armlx might have had, but then decided not to and instead just cry "appeal to emotion" in hopes that the appeal reaches deaf ears.

In retrospect though, why were you going to claim to have second thoughts about switching to voting someone who would get more votes than your claimed partner? "Your partner might be scum, such a difficult decision, but oh well you guess you'll switch, Shy Guy has a slightly better chance of being scum than your partner"? Or what other logic were you thinking of when saying you were going to hesitate?
Erg0 wrote:As I explained above, this has nothing to do with what I think of your play to this point.
Yes, it is true your vote has nothing to do with what you think of my play. Your vote has everything to do with getting anyone other than Nameless lynched. And you've pretty much claimed that this is true.

Armlx/Skruffs, this one's up to you guys. I have very low hopes that either of you will be open minded and win the game.

Nice try Adel, I'd never have believed you and Spryex were town until you cleared me. It is a shame we are going to lose this one anyhow.
I won't say much.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Adel »

Cyberbob wrote:going to express second thoughts on switching, but this just takes the cake.
Unvote, Vote: Shy Guy
this is such transparent b.s.

skruffs & armlx-- which players have been working in this game, paying attention, and trying to scumhunt?
Nameless and Cyberbob?
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Shy Guy wrote:
Erg0 wrote:As I explained above, this has nothing to do with what I think of your play to this point.
Yes, it is true your vote has nothing to do with what you think of my play. Your vote has everything to do with getting anyone other than Nameless lynched. And you've pretty much claimed that this is true.
No I haven't, Nameless has almost nothing to do with things at this point. It's a simple logical deduction - the current voting situation dictates that if Skruffs and armlx aren't scum then the four people on the Nameless wagon must be. This is about nothing more than getting one of the four of you lynched.
V/LA most weekends.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Shy Guy wrote:I believe you. I'm quite sure you were going to claim to have second thoughts about switching in order to allay any fears Skruffs and armlx might have had, but then decided not to and instead just cry "appeal to emotion" in hopes that the appeal reaches deaf ears.
Haw. That's a good theory, but unfortunately it's also wrong. I wasn't really sold on your quality as a lynch target until that little outburst; I found Adel a much better target (
not just
because it would have saved Nameless, before you pull that one on me). I thought you were a little suss when you were making those rather massive leaps of logic you seem to be so fond of in your
attack on
inquiry into my reaction to your attempt to trip a hypothetical Cyberscum up, but I didn't really think you were worthy of a vote at the time.
Shy Guy wrote:In retrospect though, why were you going to claim to have second thoughts about switching to voting someone who would get more votes than your claimed partner? "Your partner might be scum, such a difficult decision, but oh well you guess you'll switch, Shy Guy has a slightly better chance of being scum than your partner"? Or what other logic were you thinking of when saying you were going to hesitate?
See above. I didn't think you the best lynch target until that little outburst of yours. I'm not just blindly following Nameless around, you know. Before I read your post I was formulating in my mind a response to Erg0's switch - not one of support but one of question.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by Nameless »

Shy Guy wrote:Erg0's current switch makes NO SENSE considering he said I was most town like 4 posts ago.
FYI, that was a week ago real time and since then you kind of blatantly linked yourself with someone Erg0 considered scummiest, nevermind the voting that (probably) ruled out his initial judgement.
I don't think changing your mind in the face of additional evidence counts as a scumtell ...
Adel wrote:skruffs & armlx-- which players have been working in this game, paying attention, and trying to scumhunt?
Frequently voting without reasoning and fussing about plans that you never eventuated might have given you a high post count but that's hardly the same as successfully scumhunting.

Also, I admit my dedication to this game has been somewhat shaky at points, but that's an issue outside of town-mafia alignment.
Shy Guy wrote:Armlx/Skruffs, this one's up to you guys. I have very low hopes that either of you will be open minded and win the game.
Insult the players. Yeah, that's always going to help.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by Adel »

Nameless wrote:
Adel wrote:skruffs & armlx-- which players have been working in this game, paying attention, and trying to scumhunt?
Frequently voting without reasoning and fussing about plans that you never eventuated might have given you a high post count but that's hardly the same as successfully scumhunting.
What you, and most of the members of your scum team, have been doing is called
lurking

And no, I didn't get the information I needed from Ergo and Cyberbob in a timely manner, Cyberbob never even submitted his answers.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Adel wrote:Cyberbob never even submitted his answers.
Excuse me?
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

EBWOP: Unless, of course, you're referring to some other question.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by Adel »

I think the post you linked to is a great place for townies to start rereading from. It, and the following few pages, show you being evasive and contributing just enough to not be easily precieved as lurking.

You never answered who you thought the person least likely to be scum was. You never directly named which you players you thought were the most likely to be scum.

I was obviously attempting to gather information in a systematic way, and you dug your heels in and refused to cooperate.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Adel wrote:I think the post you linked to is a great place for townies to start rereading from. It, and the following few pages, show you being evasive and contributing just enough to not be easily precieved as lurking.
If you knew the amount of work I've had heaped on me due to the looming end of term (and it being my last year of school), you wouldn't have written that paragraph. I did what I could.
Adel wrote:You never answered who you thought the person least likely to be scum was. You never directly named which you players you thought were the most likely to be scum.
Where did you ask these questions? Please point them out to me that I may answer them in retrospect, because I completely missed them.
Adel wrote:I was obviously attempting to gather information in a systematic way, and you dug your heels in and refused to cooperate.
If you say so.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Well, considering I am still v/la I would love an extention - but, I think the point is moot?

Say what you will about Adel and I's play - but I would really like you to examine Nameless and Cyberbobs rapid change in posting amount, style and tone in the last few pages.

Shy Guy has went about this the wrong way, but I get where they are coming from - unless you think the four scum all jumped on nameless the events of the last few pages make no sense UNLESS NAMELESS IS SCUM.

Any other scenario would have been ended in a scum victory. Being directly involved makes it impossible to argue that effectively.

So, whomever the last town group is, look at the last pages before its game over.

I'm betting the last votes come in before there can be a deadline anyways. Sorry about the fuckups Adel. :P
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:43 pm

Post by Adel »

fuck -- firestarter answered them.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Adel wrote:fuck -- firestarter answered them.
/facepalm
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by Adel »

Cyberbob wrote:
Adel wrote:fuck -- firestarter answered them.
/facepalm
qft.

the desired result was achieved by other means, however. It is now clear how this game has broken down -- skruffs and armlx have to decide if Nameless is scum or if Shy Guy is.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by eldarad »

Vote Count

Shy Guy (5) -
armix, Skruffs, Erg0, Nameless, Cyberbob

Nameless (4) -
forbiddanlight, Adel, Shy Guy, SpyreX

Skruffs (1) -
Harvey Pew

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline expires at 8pm GMT on 8th September (just under 13 hours). At deadline the person with the most votes is lynched.

There will be no deadline extension
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:10 pm

Post by Nameless »

SpyreX wrote:... I would really like you to examine Nameless and Cyberbobs rapid change in posting amount, style and tone in the last few pages.
To be fair, we are in deadline, which (to me, anyway) has made the last few days more interesting to keep up with. (It helps that I've had the last two days off work as well.)
Adel wrote:which players have been working in this game,
paying attention,
and trying to scumhunt?
436 wrote:I'm not surew how I missed Spyrex's post at 411.
567 wrote:I'd totally forgotten about that.
751 wrote:sorry, I'm suffering from a serious case of "Mafia is stupid and pointless" I can't concentrate in games right now.
1004 wrote:sometimes I am amazed that I am ever functional with this level of retardation.
1063 wrote:fuck -- firestarter answered them.
(I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. Please carry on attempting my lynch. :lol:)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:35 pm

Post by armlx »

Erg0 AND Nameless are on this wagon... And Cyber. It officially has the plague due to the nice bus to L-1? + deadline lynch issue.

Unvote, Vote Nameless

Adel, that said, I still think SG was scummier outside the past couple pages then Nameless's nothing.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Bus to lynch -1 issue?
V/LA most weekends.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by armlx »

Erg0, bussing in this set up = fail. Especially putting someone at L-1.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by armlx »

EBWODP: That means, to clarify, if SG was scum, something would seriously have to be fucked up here as I think Adel is town.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:13 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Yeah I get that, I'm not sure who you're referring to though.
V/LA most weekends.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by armlx »

Shy Guy (5) - armix, Skruffs, Erg0, Nameless, Cyberbob
That help?
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Ok, so if you think Shy Guy is scum and Adel town then those are obviously conflicting viewpoints. Why do you believe that it was SG that you were wrong about?
V/LA most weekends.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”