SURVIVOR Marathon

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by panthaleon »

I'm still here
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by panthaleon »

/in for McMenno

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:11 am

Post by panthaleon »

Ultimately attempts to understand or rationalize a jury in any empirical way are doomed to failure. It's a toss up on whether the members of the jury thought of themselves as players of a game who were outplayed, or victims of a nefarious villain.

Like the ethics of pagonging is probably the most infuriating aspect of attempting to play survivor on MS. There is so much lip service paid to "pagong bad" until you are in the majority at a merge. At that point, people come to appreciate the value of the pagong.

It is annoying how irrational and fickle juries tend to be, but perhaps that is their charm. I am curious if it's better to view survivor in the tradition of magic or poker, where it is accepted that the wrong player will win and that's just part of the fun.

panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:12 am

Post by panthaleon »

This is, of course, no disrespect to xof who has probably the strongest social game of anyone in MS history, and thus should win any jury that values that over strategic play

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”