charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by charter »

Actually, if Tinsley is scum it doesn't make sense for him to unvote Mac. WIFOM or not, if he was scum, I see no reason other than a wild play for him to unvote Mac. Of course if they're both scum this doesn't apply, but then we'll be doing pretty good.

Of course this isn't really evidence that Mac is scum, but in my head it gives Tinsley lots of townie points (coupled with his evidence on you Fark).
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by Walnut »

Charter- are you aware that despite your last post you are still voting for Tinsley?

I am puzzled by Tinsley's unvote. At 5 apiece with Tinsley having got there first he was a dead man walking, then Charter moved his vote and (if nothing else happened) in effect saved Tinsley and killed Mac. As recently as post #933 Tinsley was prepared to lynch a lot of people just to stay alive:
I doubt it will change anything, but I will vote any of charter, Mac, or Riot if we can get enough for a lynch on any of them. I will only vote Walnut, LG, or SG if it will keep me from being lynched at deadline.
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:08 am

Post by charter »

Yes, but I'm not going to sit back and contribute to a useless deadline lynch. I'd rather lynch one of them even if I'm wrong and then justify it tomorrow.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:49 am

Post by Thesp »

CF Riot wrote:It's been said but I'll add my opinion of no self-hammer out there. We've waited this long, might as well take this one all the way to deadline too.

No no no no no. A deadline is a sorry excuse for a lynch.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:59 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

charter wrote: I do think that Mac (and SG) should weigh in on this new evidence against Fark.
Fark is not the right lynch for today: if he's indeed Doc then he won't make it past a night or two.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Mizzy »

60 hours left until the deadline!

For future reference, because both day 1 and day 2 have taken 4 weeks each, I will be instating a 2-week deadline for all remaining days. I don't want a mini to turn into a year-long game, here.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:23 am

Post by charter »

SG, would you please post your updated thoughts on all players and why they're at where they are.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:30 am

Post by Thesp »

charter wrote:SG, would you please post your updated thoughts on all players and why they're at where they are.
Does anyone else read this as, "I need to know whether or not to kill you tonight"?

;)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Tinsley »

Farkshinsoup wrote:You never addressed this, Tinsley, because I ended up switching my votes about a jillion times and stopped asking, but could you please now explain how it was you came to make this horrible argument coupled with your blatant OMGUS vote?
I addressed it in post 597.
Farkshinsoup wrote:So the guy was voting me, and was claiming that he was a cop of undetermined sanity who just happened to investigate the dead guy. If I had not had knowledge that he was actually telling the truth, this would have definitely warranted an FoS from me. So that's what I did. If I had just given him a pass, it seems to me like I might as well have hung a sign around my neck saying "Hey scum, power role over here!."
That's a craptastic justification. Just because he voted you doesn't mean you have to indicate suspicion of him. As for his investigation, while Riot and I found it questionable, there were others that trusted it, so you weren't exactly going along with the crowd. If you knew Thesp was telling the truth, then wasn't it your responsibility to not bring suspicion onto him?
charter wrote:Actually, if Tinsley is scum it doesn't make sense for him to unvote Mac. WIFOM or not, if he was scum, I see no reason other than a wild play for him to unvote Mac. Of course if they're both scum this doesn't apply, but then we'll be doing pretty good.

Of course this isn't really evidence that Mac is scum, but in my head it gives Tinsley lots of townie points (coupled with his evidence on you Fark).
I unvoted Mac for two reasons:

A) I didn't want someone to jump on his bandwagon after you unvoted me, ending D2 before we could discuss this.
B) I'm no longer leaning toward Mac being scum.

Which leads me to:
Riot wrote:Tinsley if you are going to continue your case of me that's fine but I'd like you to respond to my defense if that's the case. I had 2 questions to you in my last post, aside from the general "this is why you're wrong" type statements.
I'm dropping the case on Riot. My whole case on Mac, charter, and Riot was that they seemed to be targeting the players with the scummiest playstyles - Netlava (charter didn't target him) and Walnut, and the fact that they rarely indicated suspicion of each other. The whole case was based on the fact that I thought Fark was town, but I don't see it that way anymore.

I'd like to ask everyone where they stand on Fark (scum or town)?
Charter, Thesp, Camn - If you think Fark is scum, why would you join a bandwagon he's leading?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:46 am

Post by charter »

Thesp wrote:
charter wrote:SG, would you please post your updated thoughts on all players and why they're at where they are.
Does anyone else read this as, "I need to know whether or not to kill you tonight"?

;)
I was asking it because, once again, SG says a whole lot of nothing with her post. She hasn't said a damn thing the entire game. She flip flops on who she suspects whenever a new bandwagon forms. I won't comment on the whether or not she might die part, as it could possibly help scum and not town.

I think it's LG, Fark, and SG possibly. I'm still absolutely sure LG is scum. Fark's slip up there is also quite damning. I'm not really that sure on SG, as she doesn't say anything. If LG flips scum, I then think it's Mac based on their interactions from day 1.

If we can get enough Fark or LG votes, I'll move my vote back over to one of them.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:06 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

It hasn't really changed much. In order.

LG: Maybe-Yes
Mac: Maybe
charter: Maybe
Walnut: No-Maybe & fark: Maybe, but pending tommorow's result.
Thesp: No-Maybe, but pending tommorow's result.
Tinsley: No & CF Riot: No
Camn: No
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:18 am

Post by charter »

Would you be willing to vote LG? Would you Tinsley? Fark? Mac?
I certainly am, but unless we get a couple more yes's there's not much point.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:58 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

No, I think I'm fine with where my vote currently is.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:01 am

Post by charter »

So you're more suspicious of LG but refuse to vote him before you know if he's lynchable or not? Explanation?
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:10 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

He started the Mac wagon, did he not?

If Mac were to turn up town, then I'd be thoroughly convinced he was scum.

At this moment, it sort of feels like we're getting side tracked.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:22 am

Post by charter »

Well, I don't see any downside to this. Tinsley's unvoting Mac makes no sense if he's scum. Mac could be scum and we lynch him. Mac flips town and we lynch LG tomorrow.

unvote, vote Mac
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Mizzy »

Vote Count:

*Macavenger 5 (Lord Gurgi, CF Riot, ShadowGirl, Walnut, charter)*

Tinsley 4 (camn, Thesp, Farkshinsoup, Macavenger)

Not Voting:
Tinsley

10 Alive = 6 to lynch!

Deadline: August 23rd at 12 Midnight EST
Bolded person gets killed at deadline.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:42 am

Post by CF Riot »

SG wrote:He started the Mac wagon, did he not? If Mac were to turn up town, then I'd be thoroughly convinced he was scum.
Not to totally mind-f*** the town, but I was just sort of thinking the opposite.

I'm thinking Mac team would be any two of: Charter, LG, SG, or Fark.
Walnut team could be: LG, SG, Fark.

I think the probability that Fark is scum is low. I've done a reread of Charter and read *most* of Tinsley's case against him, and I can't quite convince myself he's scum. If Mac flips scum I could try harder, but other than that I just don't see it.

I'm 50/50 on Mac/Walnut. I was sure Walnut was scum when today started. The only reason I'm unsure now is because the way Mac responded to his wagon makes me think he's totally guilty.

However it's worth noting that I wasn't too hot on an LG lynch today, but out of my top two picks he's a likely buddy on both teams. It caught my eye how he was the first to vote Mac, but when Tinsley and I followed he said he didn't like how fast the wagon was building. It seemed like he wasn't expecting anyone to listen to him and got cold feet once we did. I'm going to do a reread of him to see what stands out, and he may be my top suspect tomorrow if we lynch a Mac-scum today. If we get Mac-town it might be a toss-up between him and Walnut.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Tinsley »

charter wrote:Would you be willing to vote LG? Would you Tinsley? Fark? Mac?
I certainly am, but unless we get a couple more yes's there's not much point.
I still have some doubt on LG. Since we're letting Fark live, I'd prefer a Walnut lynch since he seems like the most likely partner for Fark.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:52 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

charter wrote:Well, I don't see any downside to this. Tinsley's unvoting Mac makes no sense if he's scum. Mac could be scum and we lynch him. Mac flips town and we lynch LG tomorrow.

unvote, vote Mac
Sorry but I don't like you setting up lynches for tomorrow.

That said, if Mac isn't scum I will go sit in the corner for a while. ._.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:06 am

Post by camn »

It's true. Tinsley's play regarding the Mac wagon makes no sense as scum.
It is also true, that deadline lynches are for suckers.

Unvote: Tinsley
Vote Macavenger
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

That was hammer? Time for twilight spam then.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Walnut »

Tinsley wrote: I'm dropping the case on Riot. My whole case on Mac, charter, and Riot was that they seemed to be targeting the players with the scummiest playstyles - Netlava (charter didn't target him) and Walnut, and the fact that they rarely indicated suspicion of each other.
Tinsley says his whole case was based on certain points, but you need only look back to his PBPA on Charter to see that he attacked him for all sorts of other reasons as well. This is why I don't trust Tinsley- he picks his current target then dredges up everything that could be used against them, rather than analysing what is there to determine who the target should be.
The whole case was based on the fact that I thought Fark was town, but I don't see it that way anymore.
The whole case against Charter, Macavenger and CFRiot was based on Fark being town? Are you saying that either they are alll scum (and therefore noone else is) or if you suspect one other player then none of those three are scum?
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Walnut »

Bah, just realised that as I made myself late for work reading this exciting stuff and posting other people got in first and changed the scene a bit :(
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:18 am

Post by charter »

Lord Gurgi wrote:That was hammer? Time for twilight spam then.
So is Mac your buddy then? I'm too anxious to wait!

Also, I must say I'm suprised at camn.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”