Mini 658 - Facedown and Thirsty Mafia (Game Over)

nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:39 am

Post by nhat »

Vote - Strangercoug

I got NKed before I had a chance to vote for him in another game.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by nhat »

So....when can
I
roll to dodge?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by nhat »

Holy nuts, the votes are a'flyin!
kairyuu wrote:
This is what I consider serious reaching. And this is opportunism at its most basic form. But, of course, I can't vote you now can I, because that would be OMGUS. But I'm not overly bothered by that, because I have found what I wanted back when I unvoted Nightwolf, an actual reason to vote for someone. I am all for pressure votes to force a slipup or a claim but
I much prefer votes with backing
. Therefore,unvote and Vote: DragonsofSummer.

@Drake: There isn't actually anything to address to you becuase your post did not provide reasoning except to call me scummy. If you would kindly explain your vote a bit more I will attempt to explain myself.

This is a huge contradiction. You say that you prefer votes with backing, yet it looks like DoS put up more of an argument than Drake did, but you vote DoS and let Drake slide?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by nhat »

Also...

Mod - Can we get another vote count?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by nhat »

Hey, I'm still around. I have the next two days off, so I'll be having a good reread during that time.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:30 am

Post by nhat »

Okay, after having a reread, I've seen that Drake is playing rather strangely. In the post after he makes his vote on Kairyuu with zero explanation, he tries to take the wind out of the suspicions on him by ranting something about his posting frequency:
Drake wrote: Wow just because i have replyed in the last 24 hours people are FOS'ing me, since there are alot of people that go off longer than i just did.
Then, he unvotes due to V/LA but adds at the end:

Drake wrote: i don't want you going out if i find that your innocent while im away
I'm wondering why he would say this...I mean, the whole situation looks like he was voting for Kairyuu (to distance himself perhaps?) and stating that he was literally waiting for him to look more town so that he could unvote him. Then he unvoted because of V/LA, perhaps in case Kairyuu was bandwagoned while Drake was away.

Meanwhile, while others were dropping votes and fingers of suspicion on Drake, Kairyuu handles him with kid's gloves. After Drake votes him, Kairyuu kindly asks for explanation:
Kairyuu wrote:
@Drake: There isn't actually anything to address to you becuase your post did not provide reasoning except to call me scummy. If you would kindly explain your vote a bit more I will attempt to explain myself.
Then when Drake dropped his WIFOM explanation, Kairyuu FoS's him, but it could be both distancing and coaching at the same time:
Kairyuu wrote: @Drake: I hate WIFOM. It's horribly unhelpful to the town and leads to rampant paranoia. It also leads to utterly baseless arguments. In other words you just told me that you have no case. you were the second vote on me, so this is not bandwagoning in my opinion. The WIFOM alone is enough for me to FOS: Drake though.
THEN, when Drake posts to fix his sentence stating that he wants to see Kairyuu look more innocent, Kairyuu posts this:
Kairyuu wrote: @Drake: Not helping, Drake. We've been waiting for you to come back so that discussion could resume, and all you can do is correct your grammar. I am almost positive that no one here had a problem with filling in your missing word. What has been asked of you is for an elaboration on your reasoning. Please provide it. I am willing to write this off as another newbie mistake, but that's your second strike in my book. The third strike comes with no more tolerance and heavy suspicion.
How many strikes are you giving this cat? He voted you with no reasoning, FoS him for WIFOM, then you point out that he's still not explaining himself, and that's your second strike? And only after the third strike he will come under heavy suspicion?

I'm pretty convinced that you two are scum partners, with Mokina being a possible third. Just have a look at what she's had to say about the whole Drake situation:
mokina wrote: Drake worries me a little, but StrangerCoug freaks me out.
mokina wrote:
Careful there; that's dangerously close to being WIFOM.
mokina wrote:
drake_259 wrote:
my vote stands for now

Could you remind me of the reasoning behind your vote? Just checking...
mokina wrote: Drake, it's interesting to see how people gave you a hard time for the Kairyuu vote, causing you to cave when the bandwagon built up. Not to be a scary psychoanalyst, but that suggests you're doing what other people want you to. Take advice with a grain of salt, mmkay?
Aside from him worrying her a little (then quickly shifting the spotlight to Strangercoug) Mokina is straight up coaching him. I have you down as suspicious by association.

vote - Drake_259
HoS - Kairyuu
FoS - Mokina
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by nhat »

@Kairyuu - Coney Island is not the place to learn the ropes. If Drake wants to jump into the deep end, then he can learn the hard way.

And since when is attacking people's arguments rude? That's basically how a mafia game can even function in a forum setting. How much benefit are you going to give to him because he is a noob? Time and time again you let him slide, and that reflects on you. So basically your rebuttal is that you are being nice to the noobs.

Also, I don't like your faux outburst because that's not what I was meant at all. It's fine to attack someone's logic without being a huge cock. I think you are confusing the two.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by nhat »

Yeah guy, where am I insulting you? I was just pointing out that attacking arguments doesn't equate to slinging insults. I wasn't calling you a huge cock, but after reading it again, I can see how you took it that way. My apologies.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by nhat »

Drake, you defending Kairyuu further supports my case.

My vote stands.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:20 am

Post by nhat »

Okay, let's see if I can bust this game open. Here goes:

I take a piece of cheese off of a Big Mac and feed it to the mouse.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by nhat »

nhat wrote:Okay, let's see if I can bust this game open. Here goes:

I take a piece of cheese off of a Big Mac and feed it to the mouse.
So, I guess that didn't work.

On another topic, does anybody know what a special cop is?

Also, I wasn't feeling the hammer, seeing that there wasn't ample time for a claim, as mentioned. As for Natirasha, I would like to see some contribution, at least to get a better read. All in all, I don't like the stand-offish attitude that he has taken, and would like to give a chance to add something.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by nhat »

Slight FoS - Anybody downplaying the quick hammer

The point was that we should have at the very least gave him a chance to claim before lynch. "He was going to die sooner or later" explanation doesn't hold, because Drake's lynch was too soon.

Question to Natirasha- You say you like to see death. Why do you feel your quick hammer was pro-town?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by nhat »

I'm getting a funny feeling from RandomGem for a few reasons.

1) A random vote was his only vote for day one, which he had promptly unvoted the very next day (real day, not game day).

2) Didn't participate in any scumhunting aside from a by-the-way remark about bird1111.

3) His only post for day two is his suspicion of Mokina defending Natirasha, yet he poses it in a form of a question, hoping that perhaps others may agree and post their suspicions while he can continue to be non-committed.

His lack of commitment looks to me like scum who is playing it conservatively.

vote - RandomGem
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by nhat »

RandomGem wrote:Hi.

@nhat: Um, yeah... I'm getting pwned by school, marching band, and online math competitions, so I guess I am pretty uncommitted. And I am pretty conservative by nature -- I think it comes from real world (MeatWorld?) mafia games where I try to silently observe...

Can't really defend myself except by saying that's how I play. Don't even have meta to back me up... :(
If you don't plan to contribute, then please request replacement.

Also,
V/LA from Sunday until Wednesday.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #14) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by nhat »

Kairyuu wrote:I have a question nhat. Is there any reason that you have picked RandomGem out for not contributing, when there are two other people doing the same thing essentially? DoS said himself that he is more of a 'wait and see' kind of player, which is almost exactly what RandomGem just said. Also, a good deal more unhelpful in my opinion, Natirasha has been utterly useless since he replaced in, not responding to my questioning, hammering prematurely, and refusing to be helpful now on D2. So, why go after RandomGem and not those two (although you did sort of attack Nat for the hammer)? Is there something that makes him stand out over the other two.
It's basically RandomGem's lack of vote and refusal to offer any opinions about who he thinks is scum that brought him my attention. The only contribution from him was that he thought the bandwagons were no good and lightly defended drake. I really do think that DoS had indeed contributed more (on day 1 at least, day 2 he's done jack squat). Even though he was opposed to the drake wagon, he at least gave decent reasoning.

As far as Natirasha is concerned...I did have a look at some of his past games, and looked at his wiki, he makes it a point to look antitown, which blows. He's aiming to be an attention whore, and I'd rather put my attention elsewhere.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:28 am

Post by nhat »

I cannot support this bid to try to find a psychiatrist. Scum can lay back and wait for everyone to affirm that they are not psychiatrist, and then claim and ride it out until the end of the game. It could be the case that Natirasha is lying his ass off. You guys do have a point in getting rid of him early to avoid mislynch, etc.

unvote
vote - Natirasha

I still have my eye on you, RandomGem. Nobody wants to spoonfeed you questions for you to put in your two cents.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by nhat »

If he is SK, then where is the scum NK?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:38 am

Post by nhat »

About bird1111 being double targeted, doesn't the flavor usually state being killed two ways (eg. shot and stabbed, or whatever)? Slim chance of both scum and SK wanting him dead, seeing that he wasn't really sticking out in any way as far as I saw.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by nhat »

Assuming that the scum didn't kill would mean that either they are setting up a doc claim with a no kill, or they are inactive. I've seen a scum claim doc in two different games, so I would assume that this is not a rare occurance. However, we do have enough lurkers/flakers that the scum may have just not signed on to submit the NK at all.
This is an important observation. I think that the Nat lynch is what should be done right now. Here's why:

Best case scenario - He flips scum.

Middle case scenario - He flips SK, putting suspicion on both of the absent players for not submitting a NK.

Worst case scenario - He's townie, and we get rid of an antitown player.
Hi. I'm bored too. I didn't feel like posting before because it'd be a useless post like this, but now I'm posting for no reason... possibly to show I'm still following this game, and I'm just waiting until Iron Man/malthusis get replaced or come back and claim.

nhat, you still haven't revealed if you are psychiatrist or not... at least not explicitly. Any reason why?
If you were truly following the game, then you'd know my reason. I don't like how you are pushing for this. I saw this in a game where they asked for everyone to confirm/deny a certain role. After almost everyone denied, the scum claimed the power role, cleared a scum partner, and the whole game went straight into the hands of the scum. Besides, there's still a chance that Nat is actually SK, unicorns, or whatever the hell, and he's lying about a tamer/psychiatrist.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by nhat »

I've explained why I'd rather not participate in post 227.

I know that RandomGem already claimed. That has no relevance to my reasoning.

And yes, it would be a poor setup for a fake claim.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Post by nhat »

DoS wrote: Another quick thought. If a member of the mafia claims psychiatrist and Nat continues killing don't we just lynch both of them over the next two days?

I honestly don't see it as being advantageous for scum to claim psychiatrist tbh.
Sorry, this is a bit after the fact, just didn't want to leave you hanging. It could be very easy for Nat to just stop killing to keep up appearances. Or, there's the fact that he may not be SK at all. I guess it's all based on Nat talking a bunch of nonsense, and I really didn't want to add any gasoline to the psychiatrist fire if people were deciding to take it seriously. Does that make sense?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”