Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:15 am

Post by Macavenger »

Walnut wrote:I have read the whole Mac post against me, and feel that there is nothing worth answering, as it is mainly rehashing, arguments based on incorrect assumptions, oversimplifcations and "you did <insert any role neutral action> so you are scum".
Ha Ha Ha.

Can we please lynch the caught scum who knows he has no hope other than people not understanding the case against him now?
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Thesp »

CF Riot wrote:Urgh. Camn just voted someone who wasn't even on the LoS she posted 1 page ago. I don't know how to digest this at all.
How likely do you think it is that Camn has lied about her role?
Tinsley wrote:That’s the only reason you’ve given for suspecting Fark, so if there’s another reason, what is it?
Perhaps you should answer these questions for yourself, and get back to me:
Thesp wrote:How much probative scumhunting did farside22 do? How many posts did she have that looked like they were useful, but went nowhere? How often did she go on tangents away from the centerpoint of discussion?
She claimed to be busy, but when she
was
able to contribute, look what she spent her time on.
Tinsely wrote:While we're on the subject, what scumhunting have you done?
Isn't that a question for you to answer?
Tinsley wrote:You said you weren’t wild about Walnut’s proposed lynch while earlier in the game you said you didn’t mind the Walnut hate. What made you change your mind?
Good question. I still don't mind the Walnut hate, but I don't think he's likelier to be scum than a couple of other people. I'm intrigued to get people's reactions to him (especially since he was one of the ones who tried to attack a cop claim, which is always more likely to come from scum), and want to see him squirm because I think it's mildly useful, but ultimately I think there are better targets out there. I think that, barring strange developments, he probably shouldn't be allowed near the endgame.
Tinsley wrote:By the way my crappy argument/prediction is looking like it’s coming true. You’ve got your loyal followers (camn and Walnut) on my bandwagon now. With charter doing a reread, ShadowGirl set to return any day now, and Thesp more than willing to drop the hammer, it looks like you might get someone other than Walnut lynched. Nice work scum!
This looks like flailing about. I also never, ever like the "nice work, scum!" type of quote.
Farkshinsoup wrote:FoS Lord Gurgi.

Did you just ask for a deadline?! That's pretty damn convenient, since that bandwagon against you just recently evaporated.
I think this FOS is misplaced, as the deadline request is more likely to come from town-LG than scum-LG.
camn wrote:I too am against a deadline at this point. We have plenty to talk about.
I think we've done plenty of talking. It's time to lynch someone.

Let's get to killing. I'll vote for either of Tinsley or farkshinsoup (my vote is currently on farkshinsoup, even though I've enjoyed his presence in this game). I'll add pressure to walnut if necessary, I will not vote for Lord Gurgi.
Let's get to killin'.

I'm amused at how differently Macavenger and I think about everyone.
Walnut wrote:I have read the whole Mac post against me
You're a better man than me. I may get around to it sometime, I skimmed it.

My
KILL
will
KILL
probably
KILL
contain
KILL
subliminal
KILL
from
KILL
here
KILL
on
KILL
out,
KILL
to
KILL
guide
KILL
us
KILL
in
KILL
the
KILL
direction
KILL
we
KILL
need
KILL
to
KILL
go.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Thesp wrote:I'll vote for either of Tinsley or farkshinsoup (my vote is currently on farkshinsoup, even though I've enjoyed his presence in this game).
Honestly, considering how many people find me scummy, I'm starting to think that the only reason I'm still alive is for entertainment value. From now on, Thesp, I want you to call me Farkle, or failing that, THADmiral! :P

Seriously, though, I can't believe that LG hasn't set off your scumdar. You have a serious case of tunnel vision in this game. You still aren't cleared yet, but your posts don't read like scum to me.

I'm pretty good with my vote on LG. In fact, I'd be tickled pink if we could put him at L-1 and see what his reaction is. I could also vote for a Tinsley lynch.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:23 am

Post by CF Riot »

Walnut wrote:I am not sure I follow the reasoning that if something is
poorly worded
it is probably an honest townie mistake rather than scummy.
CF Riot wrote:Walnut, the fact that Charter's posts are
worded poorly
is not WHY I think they're town.
Walnut wrote:Incidentally, I don't think you could pass off Charter's calling my action a contradiction as
"poorly worded"
; it was not the phrasing, it was the thought itself that was wrong.
This is why it's frustrating arguing with you. And I said in my own post, that YOU quoted, that I
am
considering your opinions for just that reason. That you have ZERO defense for Mac's massive case against you makes me want you gone so much more.
----
Thesp: I believe Camn. I don't think it's impossible that she lied, I just believe her. I think it's much more likely that you are lying about your role than Camn is hers. Numbers: 75% truth 25% lie. What do you think?

While I'm at it, why do you insist all Tinsley's questions are just for him to answer? I think you are dodging accusations almost as badly as Walnut.
----
Fark what is your opinion of Walnut? What do you think of Mac's case?
----
Will not vote Tinsley. Will not vote LG. Walnut is yes. Fark I could stand.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Mizzy »

Vote Count:

Farkshinsoup 4 (Thesp, Tinsley, Lord Gurgi, charter)
Tinsley 2 (camn, Walnut)
Walnut 2 (Macavenger, CF Riot)
Lord Gurgi 1 (Farkshinsoup)

Not Voting:
ShadowGirl

10 Alive = 6 to lynch!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Thesp »

CF Riot wrote:Thesp: I believe Camn. I don't think it's impossible that she lied, I just believe her. I think it's much more likely that you are lying about your role than Camn is hers. Numbers: 75% truth 25% lie. What do you think?
I think it's extremely likely that she's telling the truth, so much so that it's not worth contemplating at this stage. (I also agree that from a neutral perspective, it's more likely that she's telling the truth than I am.)
CF Riot wrote:While I'm at it, why do you insist all Tinsley's questions are just for him to answer? I think you are dodging accusations almost as badly as Walnut.
What do you mean? This question:
Tinsley wrote:That’s the only reason you’ve given for suspecting Fark, so if there’s another reason, what is it?
...is better answered by looking at her yourself. The other question...
Tinsley wrote:While we're on the subject, what scumhunting have you done?
...is a question for him to answer, not me. (Seriously, what am I going to say? I think I've done lots of scumhunting, and I continue to do so.)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by CF Riot »

The first question has been taken out of context. You said something like, "X isn't the reason I suspect Fark," and in that question Tinsley asked what the other reason was. You are in fact the only person who can answer why YOU suspect someone. The second one is almost a rhetorical question, but you must see that it is an accusation against you. You say nothing to refute it. You seem perfectly comfortable letting us believe you aren't scum hunting. I personally see some effort on your part now, but at the time you really hadn't done anything and you just let that statement ride. I don't see any of your own justification for your suspects either. Just, "What you have all said is right, so I'll keep supporting you."
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Walnut »

That you have ZERO defense for Mac's massive case against you makes me want you gone so much more.
Unless I have misinterpreted them, people have accused me of spending too much time defending myself. As Mac posted a big huge post full of stuff that I have already defended or is such rubbish that is not worth mentioning, I said that I won't waste time and space on it unless people request it. Do you consider that there is anything to answer in his post, and if so, which bit(s)?

Thesp's call about not wanting me there in the endgame sounded reasonable to me in a way, in that I am not the most confident in guessing who the scum are. Then I remembered two things- that confidence does not equate to accuracy, and that Thesp is still highly suspicious and living on borrowed time.
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by Thesp »

CF Riot wrote:The first question has been taken out of context. You said something like, "X isn't the reason I suspect Fark," and in that question Tinsley asked what the other reason was. You are in fact the only person who can answer why YOU suspect someone. The second one is almost a rhetorical question, but you must see that it is an accusation against you. You say nothing to refute it. You seem perfectly comfortable letting us believe you aren't scum hunting. I personally see some effort on your part now, but at the time you really hadn't done anything and you just let that statement ride. I don't see any of your own justification for your suspects either. Just, "What you have all said is right, so I'll keep supporting you."
I don't think defenses are very useful (if at all). If I'm scum, I could just make stuff up that sounds reasonable, so I don't think what I say to justify my actions is all that important.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

LG, I asked you some questions in my posts 748 and 749. Would you mind answering them?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Farkshinsoup wrote:Why not wait for her, see what she had to contribute, and then decide whether to ask for the deadline? Why are you so sure that she wouldn't have anything interesting to contribute? At the very least she has a vote that isn't on anyone at the moment.

Also, why not ask the town whether any of us wanted a deadline imposed before you unilaterally decided to request it?

I'm not implying that these are necessarily scum moves, I'd just like to hear your answers.
1. Because she has throughout the game not contributed very much, I'm not sure when she was supposed to return, but she apparently still hasn't.
2. Yes, let's hold a vote, since that's working so well for finding scum, I'm not going to pass every decision I make by you.
Farkshinsoup wrote:Who, exactly, were you referring to here? Please elaborate.
I will not elaborate on this point, as I think doing so will cause the town to go off on a tangent.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote:Also, why not ask the town whether any of us wanted a deadline imposed before you unilaterally decided to request it?
2. Yes, let's hold a vote, since that's working so well for finding scum, I'm not going to pass every decision I make by you.
Never said anything about holding a vote, but I do find it interesting that when you imagine consulting with the town, you immediately thought of me. I thought you said I was scum.
LG wrote:I will not elaborate on this point, as I think doing so will cause the town to go off on a tangent.
Yes, this would be consistent with your recent attempts to ape Thesp's "I think we've done plenty of talking. It's time to lynch someone." attitude. Of course, as I've pointed out, you have a vested interest in cutting off discussion and forcing a deadline, seeing as you're scum.

I don't blame you for avoiding these inconvenient questions. I'm at L-2, and you have 1 vote, mine. If I was scum and was in your shoes, I wouldn't feel too pressured either.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by charter »

@Riot, if we lynch Fark and he's town, what will you think of LG?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by charter »

Actually,
unvote Fark, vote LG
LG has once again gone to non-contribution as soon as he's not in danger of being lynched, I'd like to urge him to contribute some more.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

charter wrote:Actually,
unvote Fark, vote LG
LG has once again gone to non-contribution as soon as he's not in danger of being lynched, I'd like to urge him to contribute some more.
I've posted more recently than camn. Thoughts about that? I have been contributing for a while since I was wagonned.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Farkshinsoup wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote:Also, why not ask the town whether any of us wanted a deadline imposed before you unilaterally decided to request it?
Never said anything about holding a vote, but I do find it interesting that when you imagine consulting with the town, you immediately thought of me. I thought you said I was scum.
No I said that because you obviously wanted to comment on it, because you've been crusading against deadline since I first suggested.
Farkshinsoup wrote:
LG wrote:I will not elaborate on this point, as I think doing so will cause the town to go off on a tangent.
Yes, this would be consistent with your recent attempts to ape Thesp's "I think we've done plenty of talking. It's time to lynch someone." attitude. Of course, as I've pointed out, you have a vested interest in cutting off discussion and forcing a deadline, seeing as you're scum.

I don't blame you for avoiding these inconvenient questions. I'm at L-2, and you have 1 vote, mine. If I was scum and was in your shoes, I wouldn't feel too pressured either.
Sorry, in future I will remember to hurt the town, I am serious that when you want me to tell you things about last game and its effect on this one, you're only inviting more confusion.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:04 am

Post by charter »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
unvote Fark, vote LG
I've posted more recently than camn. Thoughts about that? I have been contributing for a while since I was wagonned.
ONCE AGAIN, LG is throwing unfounded suspicion camn's way. Camn's case is different, she's been minimally posting all along, you post much more when you have some votes on you.

Yes, quite sure LG is scum.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:26 am

Post by Tinsley »

Thesp wrote:Perhaps you should answer these questions for yourself, and get back to me?
CF Riot already mentioned it, but yes this question was in regards to you saying you had other reasons for suspecting Fark. So what are they? I can't read your mind.
Tinsely wrote:While we're on the subject, what scumhunting have you done?
Thesp wrote:Isn't that a question for you to answer?
I'll address it if we're both still alive D3. I think it would be a distraction now. We've limited the D2 lynches to Fark, myself, LG, and Walnut, I think we should focus on the four of us.

I'm still waiting to hear from LG on what he thinks of Walnut. It looks like Fark also missed Riot's question about what he thinks of Walnut.

Right now I'd rather see a Fark or Walnut lynch. I still have some doubts about LG.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:49 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Yeah, I did miss that question
CF Riot wrote:Fark what is your opinion of Walnut? What do you think of Mac's case?
I'll be honest - when I see a huge argument that mostly references post numbers and the poster's reactions to them, I rarely read those posts very closely (Charter, this goes out to you as well). I don't want to have to flip back and forth to compare the statements in the post with the interpretations. No knock against those kinds of posts, that's just how they effect me. Call me lazy if you want.

So I did skim it, and it's clear that Mac put a lot of work and thought into it, and I think he's town, but if his intention was to persuade with his argument, then mission not accomplished, at least as far as I'm concerned.

As for my own opinion of Walnut, I sum it up thusly: scummy, but not the scummiest.
LG wrote:No I said that because you obviously wanted to comment on it, because you've been crusading against deadline since I first suggested.
Please stop misrepresenting my posts. I have not been crusading against a deadline, I've been calling YOU out for your REQUEST for a deadline. Your defense of yourself with these strawman arguments is just another brick in the scum-wall.

Mod: can we get a prod on Shadowgirl?
She's been back since friday, so no excuses for not posting.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:16 am

Post by camn »

I am totally reading everything very intently.
Don't think I am asleep on you guys.

I just am in the middle of a hardcore scum-roast in a different game :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:17 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

charter wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
unvote Fark, vote LG
ONCE AGAIN, LG is throwing unfounded suspicion camn's way. Camn's case is different, she's been minimally posting all along, you post much more when you have some votes on you.

Yes, quite sure LG is scum.
Because she's consistent it's ok? I just feel like if I ate an orange that eating oranges would be a scum tell too. As for Walnut: I don't think he's the lynch for today. But I do think that he is slightly scummy, not nearly so much as others seem to see him however.

charter, do you plan to vouch for Shadowgirl also? Just curious because it seems like your current logic is, 'But it's not LG so it's ok.' If camn were at L-1 I think her posting would skyrocket.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:26 am

Post by charter »

I wanted SG replaced a long time ago, I still want her replaced. If she comes back she will be a plague of non-helpfulness.

But you don't deny that this is twice now you've tried to throw suspicion at camn with no reason? My point was that you get very defensive when you're voted. You're doing it again now, even though it's just me and Fark voting you again and it's pretty much a consensous that Fark is the scummiest, and no one listens to me. This was going to be the same dead-end wagon, but now you've upped your posting again as soon as you get a few votes.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:43 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

charter wrote:I wanted SG replaced a long time ago, I still want her replaced. If she comes back she will be a plague of non-helpfulness.

But you don't deny that this is twice now you've tried to throw suspicion at camn with no reason? My point was that you get very defensive when you're voted. You're doing it again now, even though it's just me and Fark voting you again and it's pretty much a consensous that Fark is the scummiest, and no one listens to me. This was going to be the same dead-end wagon, but now you've upped your posting again as soon as you get a few votes.
I'm sorry...? Do you really think you are that important? You're just being blatantly biased and I'm saying you are, when I criticize you for not accusing camn also, you take it as me throwing suspicion at camn, and even on top of that you say I don't deny it.... What I'm saying is that I think it's a null tell, but you seem to think it's scummy because I'm doing it. If everyone was voting for camn she would defend herself as well, not focus on another game.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:49 am

Post by charter »

What are you talking about? You asked about my thoughts on SG, and that's what I think. Are you really going to argue she's been helpful this game?

I would think it's scummy of anyone who tries to do it to the same person more than once. I'd think it scummy if they did it once too.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Can you please clarify what 'it' you are referring to?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”