Logo Design Competition/Collaboration (Survey, last page)

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by Bingle »

The flat top on the M looks a little weird to me. Could also experiment with the magnifying glass being at an angle (the handle angled away from the s).
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 202, northsidegal wrote:
In post 201, Not_Mafia wrote:Merge these two and use that
done

Spoiler:
I get this wasn’t serious but I actually really like the halo effect inside the magnifying glass here. I also like the block text i after nsg pointed out her reasoning. Still not a huge fan of the M, but the perfect is the enemy of the good and all that.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 241, shaft.ed wrote:lower case
and a sans serif font so that the i looks a tiny bit more person-like

I think playing with the orientation of the magnifying glass could make it a bit more discrete from the text
right now the handle is too close
+1

Doesn’t need to be a steep angle, 15 degrees is prob sufficient.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 280, shaft.ed wrote:I like it
would like it more with a sans serif font
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Bingle »

?

Not all players in a game of mafia are scum though. If all the text under the magnifying glass is red, it's just a colored lens, not a revelation that one of the players is EVIL or a tool that helps with deduction.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 297, chamber wrote:its easy to try out different colours yourself.
No. If I have a thought about what colors might be better I will post that I think maybe those colors might be better, in case that inspires someone who isn't me to look at the colors and improve the design. In exchange, I also give up any rights to complain should people completely ignore my suggestions or mith choose a logo I dislike. (Not that I really have much say if mith chooses a logo I dislike in the first place.)

Speaking of which:
In post 275, caledfwitch wrote:do you have any suggestions for a different color instead of grey?
I personally like the grey, but if there's a legitimate need to change it probably a metallic color would be best. Silver, maybe? Potentially brown, although I don't think brown would go well with the red lettering. I think anything ROYGBIV would just look unnatural. If someone wanted to be super spicy they could make a wooden handle texture, but honestly I doubt such a texture would show up well on as small a scale as the logo will likely be.

On a merch note, it'd be cool to see a rainbow colored version of the logo for shirts/hoodies/etc given our large LGBTQ etc. population and emphasis on making this a place where such people can congregate and feel welcome. Assuming of course that the site does a shirt/hoodie/etc. order sometime in the near future.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 310, shaft.ed wrote:don't really like this and yes its a terrible magnifying glass
but I figured I post it anyways
Spoiler:
I actually kinda like this. I think the magnifying glass with the rounded handle that's been being used looks a little better, but I do like the typewriter effect and I think it's worth exploring combining the two.

It could maybe help with providing a barrier to prevent the mafias cum issue with sepia that was brought up. If we use that fingerprint pattern we don't necessarily need the magnifying glass to be over the I either.
Dunnstral wrote:Which begs the question: Who are caled, chamber, panthaleon even talking about?
Does it even matter? I think the takeaway is try to be mindful to post with the intention of suggesting improvements. If you're already doing that, keep on keeping on.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Bingle »

That reminds me of the text in silent movies, and I’m a little in love with that idea.

Return to “News”