thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:40 am

Post by thinktank »

Lets get this game going before the evil monkey in the closet eats us all!
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by thinktank »

Its specific time.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:52 am

Post by thinktank »

vote: Inspector Godot

Because I don't plan on waiting under a tree for you.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by thinktank »

goborage wrote:^ This guy rules. You're Canadian too? Awesome. Anyways as a townie it is my duty to scrutinize your every move LF.
I am indeed Canadian.
LlamaFluff wrote:
GhostWriter wrote: We've already had one of the players tell us of a restriction, that involves us not seeing their vote. This may have something to do with it. And since that person said the restriction caused their vote not to count, it may work both ways. Some won't show and will count, some won't show and won't count, some will show and won't count... That's what I'm seeing, anyway.
Correct, with me on a wagon it basically becomes 8 to lynch instead of 7. I do think goborage should be getting a few votes though, apart from the name claim thing, his willingness to put me under suspicion for just having a vote restiction is scummy to me.
Did you really think it was a good idea to claim this early? Are you really surprised by people casting suspicion on you?

You could have easily played around it without giving information that could be very vital to scum. I believe your claim although it was a terrible idea to claim. Just because careless does not equal scum doesn't give people liberty to do so.

I will not support your lynch based on Xtoxm 's logic and I think he is being careless in that, or scummy. Take your pick.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by thinktank »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:And my suggestion did (does) make copius sense, as his presence, if town, move the day we reach lylo forward by one. So lynching him is no loss AT ALL. Either that, or he is scum. But for some reason you guys don't like it.
Ergh, again lets map out some situations to show you how your argument stalls out

D1 - I get lynched
N1 - town killed
D2 - Random town lynched
N2 - town killed
D3 - random town lynched
N3 - game over with town dead

This plan puts us at D2 with no information to go on whatsoever D1 and two town down. This also will lose the game if you are town since D2 you would need a miracle to talk your way out of lynching me, and basically leave us needing three straight scum lynches to win. All this with no vigs

Now lets look at it my way

D1 - random town lynched
N1 - town killed
D2 - random town lynched
N2 - town killed
D3 - my restiction no lynches us or town gets lynched
N3 - game over

This plan still leaves us with two mislynches to spare, and thats it. Unlike lynching me first, there is no backlash on town who votes me that would let scum drive at least one mislynch, and maybe win the game flat out.

The ONLY difference is if you want three town mislynches or two with a no lynch. With the second plan, town would know who scum was D3 with high likelyhood too, meaning that a no lynch opens doors for a vig picking off scum.

Plan two is much better by my planning, it provides us with much more to go on, and more information for the power roles. I still dont know if you are misguided town or not, but I dont like your defense of goborage. If you paid attention, my case on him was not completely dependant on him thinking im scum for my role. It has to do with how he is pushing the thought.
This argument is almost entirely useless. Considering we don't know anything about anything except that you can't vote. We don't know anything about power roles in this game. We don't know how many scum factions are there. If there are two scum factions or one scum faction and an SK then this changes everything drastically.

That being said, from what I've seen Llama is not the lynch for today.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:16 am

Post by thinktank »

Xtoxm wrote:One thing I hadn't considered, thinking about it. LF has some kind of power other than being a voteless townie. I guess it's possible, but don't think it too likely. I think he should be made dead by tomorrow at the latest because even if he's not scum he's going to screw the town over.
Way to go.

FoS: Xtoxm

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:51 am

Post by thinktank »

babygirl86 wrote: goborage's 'claim' has me thinking what kind of role cleveland could be
That's not very pro town you know.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:15 am

Post by thinktank »

Staying away from speculation such as that is generally a good thing because

A) Its just speculation. Whats the point? There is no evidence backing up anything. Lets all follow Occam's Razor and not make any more assumptions than we have to.

B) Because its only speculation. At best it does nothing to help town because there's nothing really in it that town can use to find scum. At worst it helps scum cause randomness in town, reduces scum hunting and also brings us closer to a deadline and a mis lynch.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by thinktank »

Xtoxm wrote:I'm not taking my vote off just because the person I found scummy got replaced.

I had also assumed there were 3 scum...I guess there might not be, but really I can't see there being a number other than 3.
Assumptions are BAD.
Xtoxm wrote:
Goborage, hurry up and comment on whether or not you claimed Cleveland.
Goborage, I would advise you not to answer that.
Why are you advising other players on stuff? If you turn up scum, I'm not going to be surprised if Garborage turns up scum as well based on your current actions.

Your scum points are starting to add up and soon you'll be able to redeem them for my vote.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:46 am

Post by thinktank »

reborn537 wrote:I like your cases on BG, and I must admit I was quite surprised when she gave in over my LF case straight away given that she said it was obvious an LF lynch wasn't going to happen.

Also, it is strange how Xtoxm and BG have both been on the LF wagon at some point. But I don't see why it is in the scum's interests to lynch LF if he is town. He can only help their cause while alive (distracting the town AND a novoter - perfect choice to unwittingly help the scum).

I don't agree with your buddying thing either... just because two people interact a lot it doesn't mean they are scum partners. If that were true I'd be voting for one of you two right
now.
Yes that's true but of all the scummy things Xtoxm has done, the most "attacking" BG has made is this:
babygirl86 wrote:xtoxm- you are pushing waaaay too hard for this lynch to happen, and its obvious it't not going to happen- at least not day 1. What are your thoughts on dalt, who quite a few others believe to be scum? I looked back in posts, and imo it does look like an unofficial claim, however do we really know what a claim of cleveland could mean? my vote stands
Which comes of more as advice than anything else. They may not be partners but their interaction is very weird.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:44 am

Post by thinktank »

unvote

We're way past random voting stage.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:09 am

Post by thinktank »

no, the vote count made me realize I hadn't unvoted.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:06 am

Post by thinktank »

Well. I was just about to say " wpuldn't be supirsed if Xtoxm was BG's love pair" and look at how that worked out. Why did you guys claim this early. There was no pressure...

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:35 am

Post by thinktank »

Xtoxm wrote:Why do you direct that question at the both of us?
Because both of you claimed?
babygirl86 wrote:thats how I play when I have something to claim- I did the same thing when I was a cop in another game- I can't stand being accused of being scum when I'm not, especially when I have very little to defend myself with. As for lovers being one scum and one town, I have actually seen lovers both be town, which I'm guessing is the case here- I believe him to be town and I know also that I am town. And for the record I claimed because the deadline is approaching soon and at the rate people are accusing me, one more vote would lynch me at deadline, killing two town members
That's mafia. It's a game of accusations..you accuse people who you think are scum and see how they react. The deadline is still a very long ways a way, you could have easily diverged your lynch without claiming. What do you do when you're a vanilla townie in a game and you're accused of being scum?

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:32 am

Post by thinktank »

RestFermata wrote:Nowhere. I was talking about theme games in general. In many of the ones I've read there have been safeclaims.
FoS: Fermata

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by thinktank »

Mod: An extension would be great

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by thinktank »

I wonder if RF and IG are scum partners.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:52 am

Post by thinktank »

And the award for the most useless person in this game goes to:
babygirl86 wrote:sorry it took me so long to get this post but my internet's been going in and out all day. I'm still trying to comprehend what's been happening- I have a hard time completely comprehending long posts, and there've been a lot of those. I do think however that although he's posted a few times, thinktank seems to be really flying under the radar. He has made posts, but doesn't much elaborate on anything he says, and also has not participated much so far this game at all(although I must admit I haven't been much better).
unvote, vote thinktank

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:54 am

Post by thinktank »

Being good is always an option.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by thinktank »

Because people are bad.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:23 am

Post by thinktank »

Opinions of people:

BG: Wagon jumper. Poor logic for accusations. Over Defensive. Probably just town.

Xtoxm: Thought he was the most logical scum choice. Not since his claim although of the lover's pair he is probably likely to be more town than BG.

Llama: Null. The claim does nothing for me. Play at the beginning was bad and scummy, that seems to have died down recently. Could go either way.

IG: Meh. Good option for lynch.

Elvis: Good hunting. Good logic. Probably town.

StD: Posts are somewhat overly verbose but comes of as pro town.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:30 am

Post by thinktank »

Going to be out of town this weekend. Be back sunday.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:33 am

Post by thinktank »

vote: Inspector Godot

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:11 am

Post by thinktank »

I endorse the "claim or die" product.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by thinktank »

unvote

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:21 am

Post by thinktank »

The proper play is to wait for day 2 to lynch either of them. Now is not the time.

vote: Llama

What a bad time to make a terrible idea.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by thinktank »

Unvote

Seeing as how the top 4 bandwagons today have all flopped horrendously..

vote: Elvis

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by thinktank »

That's dumb. That's a gimme for the scum.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by thinktank »

unvote

vote: Babygirl

There is a very good chance one of the lovers is scum if not both of them. If neither of you are scum, you've played this game in an interesting manner to say the least. I don't think that lynching players who have come off as protown need to be lynched due to a lack of better options. I know many of you are going to call me on flip flopping, as you should, but after doing a readthrough of posts made by players babygirl is by far the best lynch at this point.

Llama: You need to talk less. You're not helping at all.. No lynch? Seriously?

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by thinktank »

Based on empirical evidence the lovers have been proven to be far scummier than many of the top candidates. Don't lynch people who come off as protown or 50/50 because there's a lack of better options.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:39 am

Post by thinktank »

Go for lovers.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (isolation #31) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by thinktank »

If we don't lynch the lovers today, there is going to be massive WIFOM moment which is going to happen tomorrow. Based on empirical evidence, BG/ new replacement is by far the scummiest player alive today. Now is the time for that lynch to occur.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (isolation #32) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by thinktank »

Sorry. Had an unexpected loss of internet when moving.

I've said all I'm going to say about who I think should be lynched today and I suggest that you think about it.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by thinktank »

I missed the fact that I have 5 people on my wagon.

Seriously... Out of all the people in this game, you think I am the scummiest...

I am Joe

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”