Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Inspector Godot »

/confirm

Boy am I glad I pre-inned for this, otherwise I probably wouldn't have got a spot.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:03 pm

Random vote Kloud

He's in another mini theme with me. OMG HE MUST BE SCUM!
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:55 am

kloud1516 wrote: And why exactly would hinting at your character be implicative of town? As of now, seeing as how we really don't have much information, I am under the assumption that character role is not necessarily indicative of alignment. Until this assumption is diputed, I have viewed this possible hinting at characters a null tell.

What makes others believe that character claiming would indicate a particular alignment? Have I missed something important?
This. Does Family Guy even have villains? The Chicken is the only one that comes to mind. The whole coming out and telling us of a vote restriction seems suspicious to me. I want more info. Does it count and just not show up on the board? Because a voteless player would be useless unless they were a power role or scum.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:46 pm

Unvote, Vote Dalt

Seemed like a very sneaky attempt at trying to get more people on Xtoxm's bandwagon.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:10 am

LlamaFluff wrote:Is this you saying you dont agree with the wagon? If not why?
No, I don't support the wagon. It's rolling too fast and I kind of agree with xtoxm's point. Not saying I think you're scummy or that you are best candidate for a lynch, but your claim is pretty bad in a LYLO situation.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:01 pm

LlamaFluff wrote:
Inspector Godot wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:Is this you saying you dont agree with the wagon? If not why?
No, I don't support the wagon. It's rolling too fast and I kind of agree with xtoxm's point. Not saying I think you're scummy or that you are best candidate for a lynch, but your claim is pretty bad in a LYLO situation.
So who is scummy then? You are just shooting down all different suspects without giving us any of your own here.
Your frenzied attacks at Xtoxm are seeming quite odd to me. Dalt also slipped a vote on Xtoxm that no one seems to care about. I'd say he's the scummiest person so far.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:58 pm

Wait, Goborage said that he was Cleveland? I thought he said that he posted a Cleveland quote as a joke? I think I need to reread.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:40 pm

Hm.... I don't, but I can see how you do. Any comment Goborage?
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:53 pm

The only concern I have with Llama's role at the moment is that it could be a very good way of getting the mafia to avoid night killing you. After all, if it benefits them in LYLO then why would they kill you when they could kill someone else and possibly get lucky?
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Well, lynching Llama is kind of a waste. Sure, he brings us closer to LYLO but if you go after him instead of a scummy person then isn't it kind of the same thing? Although with that mindset giving the post restriction to a Mafia member seems like a brilliantly evil thing to do.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:02 am

Welcome Elvis.

Goborage, hurry up and comment on whether or not you claimed Cleveland.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:20 am

Oops, I forgot to
Unvote
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:51 pm

RestFermata wrote:I'm not saying that whether or not goborage is Cleveland matters as far as damning him or clearing him. It's the timing and obvious hypocrisy of the claim, if it is indeed a claim, that reeks of scum to me.
If it is was a fake claim then we could have a real Cleveland step up and claim. But other then that I don't see much else to this whole thing. I just want to know if he did claim or not so we can put a rest to it and move on to other avenues of discussion, like this Llama/Xtoxm thing.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:25 am

elvis_knits wrote:
IG post 65 wrote:Unvote, Vote Dalt

Seemed like a very sneaky attempt at trying to get more people on Xtoxm's bandwagon.
IG: What was sneaky about it? What was sneakier or worse about dalt's vote than the others?
Xtoxm had just had a lot of votes put on him in a short amount of time. To come in and add another without even posting any of your own reasoning, just quoting someone else, seems bad to me.
elvis_knits wrote:
IG 125 wrote:The only concern I have with Llama's role at the moment is that it could be a very good way of getting the mafia to avoid night killing you. After all, if it benefits them in LYLO then why would they kill you when they could kill someone else and possibly get lucky?
It sounds like you think he's faking it. It also sounds like you think he's not mafia, as you think the claim is a "good way of getting the mafia to avoid night killing you." So either you think he's a SK or town. If you think he's town, you should be against his lynch. Are you? And if you're thinking about SK at this point in the game, it makes me wonder if YOU are mafia, because I usually see mafia worried about SK early (at a time when town are just thinking about catching scum, not telling SK from mafia).
I'm not sure if he's faking it or not. If he is then it rules him out of being Mafia in my book. I hadn't even thought of a SK being in this game. The fact that you added that whole SK spiel at the end of your post is duly noted.

Overall, you've raised some good points about some people but I'm not really convinced yet.
Vote elvis_knits
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:20 pm

Welcome Reborn537. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:51 pm

Good job spotting that BG/Xtoxm connection. It does seem very suspicious. When I have time to do a reread (probably tomorrow) I'll look into it some more.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:28 am

elvis_knits wrote:I'm not sure I really care about BG. I'm more interested in why IG posted and didn't respond to my post 201.
Sorry, I didn't have much time when I posted. I should have added a note about how I was going to respond to you later.
elvis_knits wrote:
Inspector Godot wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
IG post 65 wrote:Unvote, Vote Dalt

IG: What was sneaky about it? What was sneakier or worse about dalt's vote than the others?
Xtoxm had just had a lot of votes put on him in a short amount of time. To come in and add another without even posting any of your own reasoning, just quoting someone else, seems bad to me.
I agree that the third vote on one person in one page with no reasoning does look bad. If you had said you didn't like the wagoning, or explained it like you did above, I would have totally understood. It's the fact that you characterized it as sneaky that I don't like. Because I don't think there was anything secretive about it. It was all out there.
It seemed to me that Dalt wanted more people to keep voting so that his would go under the radar. It seems strange, I know, but that's just how it seemed.
elvis_knits wrote:
IG wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
IG 125 wrote:The only concern I have with Llama's role at the moment is that it could be a very good way of getting the mafia to avoid night killing you. After all, if it benefits them in LYLO then why would they kill you when they could kill someone else and possibly get lucky?
It sounds like you think he's faking it. It also sounds like you think he's not mafia, as you think the claim is a "good way of getting the mafia to avoid night killing you." So either you think he's a SK or town. If you think he's town, you should be against his lynch. Are you? And if you're thinking about SK at this point in the game, it makes me wonder if YOU are mafia, because I usually see mafia worried about SK early (at a time when town are just thinking about catching scum, not telling SK from mafia).
I'm not sure if he's faking it or not. If he is then it rules him out of being Mafia in my book. I hadn't even thought of a SK being in this game. The fact that you added that whole SK spiel at the end of your post is duly noted.

Overall, you've raised some good points about some people but I'm not really convinced yet.
Vote elvis_knits
I don't understand what you were saying then. Because you said you are concerned about llama faking a restriction to avoid mafia NKing him. If you think he's town, why would this concern you?

What I mean is -- if you think a townie has found a way to avoid a NK, why would you dislike that?
If he's a power role I wouldn't dislike it. But if he's an ordinary vanilla townie, then it just seems like a waste. I'd rather have a townie NK'd then a power role.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:40 am

Well, that seemed like a stupid move but at least I can understand why you did it. As for that reread I don't think I need to do it now. I don't think both members of the partnership will be scum, but there is a chance that one of them is. I think we should leave them alone for now because there is a good chance that a third party may kill one of them.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Welcome Save the Dragons

Sorry, I was busy most of the weekend. Anywho, LF naming me as a lynch candidate seems a bit random but whatever. I've never played a game with lovers but it would strike me as very odd having two scum lovers. If that were so, I think we'd have more scum then average in this game. I could see one of the lovers being scum, but at the moment I'm pretty sure xtoxm is town and I wouldn't advise lynching BG. At the moment my top suspects are EK for reasons posted before and LF for being overzealous (although with his restriction I can see why).
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:46 am

RestFermata wrote:More info? Bringing up the possibility of Llama being a power role? Fishing, anyone? Perhaps he's scum speculating whether or not Llama might be a worthwhile NK after all. But wait...there's more.
I'm sure a scum would speculate who they're going to kill early in-game IN THE GAME THREAD.
RestFermata wrote:
The only concern I have with Llama's role at the moment is that it could be a very good way of getting the mafia to avoid night killing you. After all, if it benefits them in LYLO then why would they kill you when they could kill someone else and possibly get lucky?
What does this even mean? If Llama is town and his claim is true, this really doesn't mean anything at all! If IG thinks Llama is scum, why not just say that? And as for "it could be a very good way of getting the mafia to avoid NKing you," I don't like the sound of that at all. If IG is town, he's practically giving advice to scum. Even if he thinks it's obvious advice, why do it? First he seemed to be toying with the idea that Llama could be a power role. Now he's speculating about the best NK. Pro-town? I think not.
The best NK? I can see how you can read my post that way, but it's unintentional. And I flip flop on the idea of Llama being scum. Sometimes he posts something that makes me think he's town and then he'll post something which changes my mind.
RestFermata wrote:
If he's a power role I wouldn't dislike it. But if he's an ordinary vanilla townie, then it just seems like a waste. I'd rather have a townie NK'd then a power role.
Ah, the "maybe Llama is a power role" suggestion rears its ugly head once again. Methinks IG shouldn't say everything that comes to his head.
Methinks IG should. At least for today. And if you're checking under your radar, could you look for thinktank under there?
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:22 pm

Thank you mod.

Unvote Vote Thinktank

I do look bad, but think has gone under my radar for some time and I want people to remember him if I am lynched. Now, onto something completely different.
Kmd4390 wrote:
RestFermata wrote:No, he wasn't advising other scum, he was just speculating about information that might help the scum. He was just being very...un-careful, something that town can't afford to be. I pointed them out in my case against IG in post 292. He too much talking about power roles and who the mafia probably would or wouldn't NK.
I agree that there was too much power role speculation.
Did IG ever respond about that?
Not really, no. What do you want me to do, apologize?
elvis_knits wrote: I think IG voted me because I was attacking him but hadn't voted him yet. It was a pre-emptive OMGUS, if that even exists lol. Also a way for him to try to discredit my points against him.
Nope, it stayed over from dalt.
elvis_knits wrote:I think his vote on me is suspect because it is solely based on what dalt did. And dalt posted 5 times the whole game (one was a confirmation). Yes, he did bandwagon xtoxm without giving his reasons. BUT, 1)he was not the only person bandwagoning, and 2)he flaked on the game, so maybe that's why he wasn't giving a lot of input. All things considered, I think that the charge of bandwagonning would have to be combined with other things to actually merit a vote. It just seems too thin at this point in the game. I can't understand how dalt voting xtoxm and not giving reasons is THE SCUMMIEST thing in the game at this point. I can see how some people would be suspicious or see it as scummy, but I don't think it's reasonable to think it's the scummiest.
There were no other strong suspects in my mind and you did basically nothing to alleviate my suspicions of dalt. You're getting townier though.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:03 am

elvis_knits wrote:
Inspector Godot wrote:
Unvote Vote Thinktank

I do look bad, but think has gone under my radar for some time and I want people to remember him if I am lynched.
Is this your case on thinktank?
It's not a vote for a lynch, it's just a vote so that someone will pay him some attention.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Kmd4390 wrote:Well if you have no case, why do you feel that think specifically of all people needs to be looked at. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just asking, why thinktank?
Because he's doing such a damn good job of going under the radar. I know that must sound stupid but he's probably our least talked about player and no one really minds.
kloud1516 wrote: QFT. IG - several people have asked you to explain your role speculations, which you could have easily done so in this post, but either elected not so or were planning on doing so at a later time without specification. Either way, I am started to feel as though you are purposefully stonewalling those who press you for information, and I don't like it.
My play style is very speculatory (don't think that's a word). Speculating about power roles seems to have been a mistake, but oh well. I don't think too much bad has come of it except that it's made me look suspicious.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:49 pm

reborn537 wrote:Thinktank, I happen to think the case on you is utterly weak to the point of ridiculousness. If BG hadn't claimed lovers with Xtoxm my vote would be on her right now because of her opportunistic waggoning onto you.

IG, please explain to me if you were serious about thinktank or if this was some kind of elaborate ruse/gambit?
I'm not serious about lynching him, I'm just trying to make sure he's either remembered or posts more. It seems like things are going the second way.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:41 am

Sorry all, I've been a bit sick lately. Anyway, it looks like you all want me to claim or I'll be lynched. Well, if I claim I die anyway but what the hell.

I am the
Bodyguard Cleveland

I guess it's better to have the Mafia use their nightkill on me than lynch me and have someone else die at night. Anyway, I'm a bit busy now so I'll post again in a few hours when I have some time.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:23 pm

RestFermata wrote:Yeah, I always kind of assumed that Llama might have some other role besides voteless vanilla town. I just didn't want to pull an IG and step right out and say it.
I'm hoping by now someone can at least see why I've been speculating and leading the scum towards Llama.
reborn537 wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:IG claimed BodyGuard.
That's not what I'm asking. I want the rolename from the pm.
Cleveland – Dang it all

It's a very odd name, but that's what it is.
RestFermata wrote: It was a long time ago, and IG obviously didn't believe that gobo was claiming. But the little doubt he seemed to have and the way he didn't seem to care about the idea that gobo might or might not claim seems so odd to me.
Even though I kept asking him if it was a claim or not? I was quite sure that it was not a claim and Llama was just mistaken, but I wanted to see if Gobo would claim Cleveland. And he didn't.

Anyway, at this point in time because we're so close to our deadline I think I'll have to
Unvote Vote Elvis

Again, sorry that I haven't been posting much these last couple of days but I've been sick.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:46 pm

LlamaFluff wrote:
Inspector Godot wrote:
RestFermata wrote:Yeah, I always kind of assumed that Llama might have some other role besides voteless vanilla town. I just didn't want to pull an IG and step right out and say it.
I'm hoping by now someone can at least see why I've been speculating and leading the scum towards Llama.
Now how is getting someone you think is a powerrole nightkilled a good move?
It's not. Protecting you and removing myself from the game night 1 is.
@IG - Does "Dang it all" have to do with your role as BG?
I think that's Cleveland's reaction to mafia on Spooner Street. Now, I don't want to quote the PM but essentially Cleveland is such a nice guy that he will protect one friend each night at the risk of his own life. Hence him saying 'Dang it all', I assume.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:07 am

Well, I think I need to do a reread.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (isolation #28) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:41 am

Xtoxm, this is looking really bad for you. Your case on Reborn is weak at best, and I'm agreeing that you look like the best lynch today. But just think, if you do turn up town then the scum should be easy to see.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (isolation #29) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:53 pm

RestFermata wrote:IG, I'm definitely not by any means asking you to copy or even paraphrase the role PM, but is there anything you could relay to us about why Cleveland of all characters is a bodyguard? And do you have any idea why your flavor name is, as you say, "Damn it all"?
Well, Cleveland is such a nice guy that he'd lay down his life for his friends. He's the least screwed up out of his little gang of four friends. I have no idea why the role name is Dang it all, but my best guess is that it's Cleveland's reaction to finding out that there are scum in Spooner St.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (isolation #30) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:56 pm

TT, your Joe claim seems out of the blue. As RF has said, your reaction towards the Bonnie claim seems a bit odd. The fact that you did not role claim also seems odd to me. I'm interested to see what happens now.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (isolation #31) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:50 pm

I'd be happy to place my vote on TT, I just want to see how things play out for a little bit longer.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (isolation #32) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:52 pm

Damn, I thought we had another full day. I guess I'll put him at L-1 then.

Unvote Vote Thinktank
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (isolation #33) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:10 am

So do you want me to post my night action?
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (isolation #34) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Ok, I'm not giving out my night action. Something that stuck out to me:
reborn537 wrote:To expand - finding out IG's target could tell us who the mafia are looking to kill, and then we can begin to explore our motives. I much prefer the psycological and logical side of the game rather than just guessing and almost handicapping ourselves by not revealing the info.
How is finding out my target going to tell us who the mafia are looking to kill? If I was a doctor then fair enough, because there was no kill, but I'm a bodyguard. If I die it's either because I picked the right person or the mafia wanted me dead.

It's interesting to see the similarities these lists of 3 have.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1650 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:59 pm

I fourth

Goddamn, even if what Rock said isn't true that is just fucking low. I've had it happen to me off site before as mafia.
Wins/Losses
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (isolation #36) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:59 pm

Looks like I actually sixth