New Rule: Replace the Word "Lynch" in Games

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #976 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:33 am

Post by Cabd »

Good change.

I still remember the time we were riding the trains in Chicago on our way to a mini meetup at TSQ's house, and we were talking game theory and I was REALLY afraid the word would come up in public.

Also looking forward to a tshirt I can wear safely, instead of using it as an around-the-house-chores only item.

Also also VOTE: Guillotine
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #993 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:44 am

Post by Cabd »

I mean long-long term, I feel like whatever the newbie queue adopts as the standard will likely take over site jargon, jsut from the stream of new recruits that will internalize it as "what it should be"

I am also perfectly fine with "Lim" as short for Eliminate.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1211 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1205, AniX wrote:I do want to note that it is extremely amusing to me how many people who are really bent out of shape about this are also people with join dates within the past, like, 2 years.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1216 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1213, Alisae wrote:
In post 1201, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 1194, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Ari, don't get banned. I know what you are going for, but I am pretty sure the mod team has a policy against baiting people into bannable offenses. and sayign the N word would absolutely be one.

There are other ways to teach him. If that's your thing.
It's impossible for anyone to use that word; it gets filtered to [removed] (sic). I discovered that while trying to c/p a quote from a 60s Civil Rights activist into the USpol thread.
why couldn't the thread be "so we're filtering the word lynch to eliminate"
Because the mods decided to NOT be draconian and allow users to migrate slowly.

But I non-ironically support auto filter being set up exactly as you just described.
Show

Return to “News”